“Very comfortable bed,clean.” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
“Very comfortable bed,clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We booked this hotel from hotels.com, and we booked 2 non-smoking room, but when we check in, we got a smoking room, I ask the front desk, I believe his name is Arnold, he said because I booked from 3rd party, so there's no guarantee we'll get the room we want.he said I should call the hotel to confirm I want non smoking room. ( who need to do that in this days). And they all booked so I have no choice to stay in smoking room.
But Arnold is kind enough to keep eye on for me when there's non smoking room available, so he switch my room right away without any hard time.
The bed is very comfortable , nice big fridge .
But the breakfast is very very basic, the choice is very poor, worst than Days Inn.

Room Tip: Make sure call the hotel after you book, if you want a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize that you encountered a bad experience with your room. We try to accommodate every guest that stays at our hotel with the best service possible, so I am glad that Arnold switched your room and made your stay more enjoyable.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that during your next trip to Rhode Island you can give us another chance. Thank you again we look forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was traveling to RI for work, and my company selected and booked our accommodations for the trip. I arrived in the evening and was checked in quickly. While the staff was friendly, that was the one and few saving graces for this hotel. Below is my breakdown.

Kitchen-Although the kitchen is a nice touch for long term guest, it was very dirty. The counter had coffee stains left behind from the previous occupant, and some of the dishes had dried food remnants on them. The dishes were also very limited. I had one bowl, two plates, and a weird mix of silverware.

Decor/Furniture-The room is rather bland, but I was not expecting much. Upon putting my belongings in the drawers, I noticed that the dresser was old and chipped/cracked in many places. The roller chair provided at the in room desk also had a defunct wheel.

-Bed-The bed was decent. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a 6 for comfort. However, the sheets had stains on them from previous uses. As someone who worked at a large hotel chain for years, this is something I always deemed unacceptable. Of all things in a room, the sheets should always be clean. It is beyond gross to have dirty or stained bedding.

-TV/Net-The TV worked good, but the available channels were very limited. I think there was maybe about 10 available. Aside from the TV, the free internet is nice, especially for those staying on business.

Cleanliness-Aside from the sheets being stained/dirty, there was another incident I encountered that I was unhappy about. The floors of the room were filthy. I first noticed this while walking around in socks one evening. My white socks were completely black on the bottom. This became a continuing trend weather I was in socks or barefoot, I would always end up with black feet. It was so bad, I opted to walk around in shoes or sandals the entire time.

Amenities-I understand that lack of amenities attribute to the lower rates, but some basics would be nice. The hotel really does not offer anything. I was disappointed to find there was no gym and the bathroom did not offer any toiletries

The only pluses of this hotel were the friendly staff and the continental breakfast, and the afore mention free wifi.

Overall the cons far outweigh the pros. I would not recommend this hotel, and would not stay here in the future unless it underwent a deep cleaning and renovation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you, for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your stay was a disappointment. It was noted that, at check in, our guest service representative was very helpful and friendly, but I am sorry, that the kitchen area wasn't completely clean to your satisfaction.

We are in the process of changing out our furniture in our rooms for a nicer apparance and for our TV channels we are making progress on more channels to be offer to our guest. We strive to make every guest feel at home when they stay in our Hotel. When something like this happens it brings sadness to me that a guest had a bad stay.

My team is currently up-to-date about the incidents that have taken place. We will continue to correct any issues that will im prove our guest's stay. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that during your next visit to Rhode Island you will give us a another opportunity to prove that we make our guests stay more enjoyable.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The service at this hotel is very good. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and answered every single question I had. However, the good service doesn't make up for the fact that this is not a nice hotel. I found the room to be dingy, and the bathroom was not clean. I even saw a cockroach. I have no idea how this hotel has received such good reviews. I got what I thought was a good internet deal for the room, but I found out that you get what you pay for. I don't recommend this hotel, and I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am so disappointed that your stay wasn't to your satisfaction. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am going to work with my housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. Still, I am happy that our staff provided you with friendly and helpful service.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us a second chance to see that our hotel is the place to stay when your in Rhode Island.
West Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

A great place to stay, very convenient to Providence and visiting Newport. Not a full breakfast, but grab and go. The desk staff was very friendly and gave us great tips for visiting the area. They truly went out of their way to make our family comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be located in a convenient area and that our staff provided you with such friendly as well as helpful service. We are so pleased that we could make you and your family feel at home while staying at our hotel.

We hope that during your next visit to Rhode Island we will be your place to stay.
Monroe, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been traveling for business a lot this year. I am a member of the national hotel chains, and have to say as far as service is concerned, I have received the best experience, where I least expected it---here!

The rooms are clean---it is a pet friendly hotel, which I was questionable about, but they do a good job keeping it clean and updated. I would return again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
North Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this facility from June 19-July 2. We had also stayed here after our home was sold in RI some 10 years ago. On both occasions we found this to be a really great place. The room was immaculate, comfortable and roomy. The kitchenette was such a plus. Additionally we were near so many restaurants and stores as well as access to route 95. We were traveling to 3 states so this was exceptionally convenient. And finally the staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Arlene - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable and spacious room. As well, I am pleased that you liked our location and our amazing staff.

new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

nice location in a quiet area. near the mall and good eateries. the kitchen in the room does the trick. doesn't have a stove but everything else is nice. very clean and great staff! they have free wi-fi but the connection didn't work for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that surrounding locations was a help to you. We appreciate you letting us know that the wi-fi didn't work for you. We are sorry for this issue and are working to correct the Wi-Fi situation, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick? Share your experiences!