“Not a bad experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
New England
“Not a bad experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The receptionists were all very friendly. When I arrived at my room, the smell was very unpleasant, a cleaning product, I think. Fortunately, the windows open wide. The room is a very good size and the kitchen is nice. The bathroom was very good also, with a wide counter around the sink for your toiletries. Notice I said "your" toiletries. The only thing you get from the motel are two tiny bars of soap, so bring everything. The kitchen came with few utensils and plates, basically two of everything. If you enjoy a glass of wine, you’ll have to bring your own glasses or drink out of large plastic cups.

The television is very nice, a 32” flat panel, but they have one of the poorest selections of channels I have ever seen. No CNBC in a motel that caters to business travelers? Satellite also means you get no local weather forecast on the Weather Channel. There is a recliner of borderline comfort to watch TV from.

The motel was quiet except for a few guests on my floor, and that can happen anywhere. I recommend this motel.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. The motel is located in the most confusing maze of streets that I have ever seen. Program your GPS with all the places you will be visiting before you leave home, and use it.

2. Alcohol is not sold in convenience stores in RI, and finding a liquor store (for me: one bottle of beer) is daunting. If you are driving, bring it with you.

3. Don’t bother using the e-mail address they post; they don’t answer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay. Its feedback like this that helps us to improve our service every day! Please contact me directly via email if I can be of any further assistance. Curtis Carlson, Area Operations Manager. ccarlson@extendedstay.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here with my mom few weeks ago. The lady who checked us in...(i believe her name was erica) was very talkative, we were tired so it was quite annoying. When we finally got up to the room it was clean, average you get what you pay for kind of thing. Later towards the night i noticed we had no shampoo and only one package of coffee. So i went down to the front desk to ask the same young lady for it. I wish i would have gave her a heads up that i was coming down so i wouldn't have to hear the filthy profanity she was using towards another guest. My first impression of her was right.
The guest (which had a room key) was drinking alcohol and talking to her at the front desk in plain sight. She was very loud i could hear everything from down the hall. She didn't notice me and planned a "meeting" with him later. I was grossed out and decided I'd rather drive to CVS then talk to this woman. She had no class and it's obvious she's done it many times. Not coming back here which is disappointing cause i liked the value and easy access to pharmacies, stores etc. obviously this type of entertainment must be ok with their management team because someone like this should not be allowed employment at that hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for the Extended Stay America Warwick Rhode Island. I want to apologize on behalf of the entire staff for the less than acceptable experience you encountered. I will take this information and use it as a training tool to learn from. If you have any other questions, please contact me. Curtis Carlson ccarlson@extendedstay.com
Liverpool, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for 6 yrs for business! I recently went back for a week and the hotel and custoemr service was just the way I left it, awesome! Great friendly staff, especially Christine, she has always made my stay there very pleasant and wonderful. Always made sure I was happy and satisfied as a customer! The Hotel Manager is always accommodating as well, I would come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with Extended Stay America Warwick Rhode Island. I will share this with the entire staff, and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my third stay at this Extended Stay America in Warwick, although I have stayed patronized this hotel chain many times over the last ten years. I usually fly into TF Green Airport so this location is very convenient as to proximity to the airport. It also is close to
everything you would ever needs: the malls, supermarkets, restaurants, etc. Beside location I also have nothing but praise for the front office staff, especially Christine. During my most recent visit she assisted in resolving a problem with the cable tv and the climate control unit. In all of my dealings with her she has conducted herself in a friendly and professional manner and has always gone out of her way to make me feel comfortable during my stay. She did such an outstanding job that I made another reservation and will be staying with ESA Warwick Airport again next week. Christine Rules!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Extended Stay America Warwick. We pride ourselves on providing consistently providing outstanding customer service. We are extremely pleased that we were able to exceed your high expectations. We are constantly looking for feedback, and glad you were able to provide yours! Thank you again for choosing us, and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Christine, and the rest of our dedicated staff.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have stayed here four times over the past five years, twice in the last three months, usually two to three nights at a time. Every time I stayed, I got the room through Priceline.

Pros:
Excellent location: tucked away in a nice, quiet, secluded spot of Warwick, but very close to restaurants, Warwick Mall, and the I-95 freeway entrance. Even though its close to the freeway, you can't hear it at all from inside the hotel and its not loud even from the parking lot.
Pleasant staff: people at front desk could not be friendlier, and that's saying a lot for Rhode Island.
Nice rooms: kitchenette has everything you'll need for a short stay (oven, range, microwave, sink, bowls, pots & pans, etc.).

Cons:
The walls are a bit thin. Last time I stayed there, I had a neighbor that was a little noisy, and I could definitely hear him. I'm not sure what he was doing at 5:30AM, but it sounded pretty strange.
Clean, but I've had issues: I once found some hairs from the maid in the towels. Not a big deal, I'm just picky about that sort of thing. I double checked this last time I was in there and I didn't see any.

I would definitely stay here again and hope to the next time I'm in Warwick, which is usually once or twice a year.

Tip: for a good deal, if you plan to stay for more than one night, go on Priceline. Bid $35 for a two-star hotel, you'll likely get this place.

Room Tip: I've stayed in probably every part of the hotel and it really doesn't matter what part you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your recent stay at the Extended Stay America in Warwick. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay was satisfactory. Let me also apologize for the minor housekeeping issues you did experience. Please be assured that I will use your feedback to remind our housekeeping staff just how important it is that each room is perfectly cleaned. I hope that we your travels bring you back our way, you stay with us again! Thank you again on behalf of our team, and we hope to welcome you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Kurtis Carlson was the best I have dealt with yet. Very respectful very happy to greet my family.. A true asset to your hotel!!! His assistance with directions and dinner suggestions were greatly appreciated!!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Extended Stay America in Warwick. We know that you have many choices when it comes to lodging in Rhode Island, we are glad you chose us! We are also very pleased that we were able to meet, and exceed your expectations. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of our staff! Thank you again for your business.
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay Warwick for 21 nights and my stay was wonderful and a memorable. It was located at a very good location next to Warwick Mall and a lot of restaurants and stores...Erica at front desk was very friendly and answered all my questions with patience. She knows very well how to take care of guests..it was only because she toured me a model room and explained all ameties, I decided to come here from another hotel where I stayed previously..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Providence - Airport - Warwick. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - Warwick? Share your experiences!