“Fine HIEx in walking distance to PVD if you are fit” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Jose, California
“Fine HIEx in walking distance to PVD if you are fit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is very close to the Providence airport, about 0.5 miltes from the rental car center connected to the terminal building. The property is a little older and has character, all amenities worked well - even the printer for the boardinig pass - and the bed was comfortable Good working desk, solid wifi internet. Slept quite well, no noise from the airport. Breakfast was across from reception in a large, high ceiling meeting room. Perfect hotel for early am flights the next morning.

Room Tip: AAA rate was a good deal
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thanks for your recent review. We are happy to hear our convenient location to the rental car garage and airport worked out so well for you. I am also pleased to hear you took advantage of our great complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you back on your next visit to the area!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed one night over the Holidays in 2012, woke up at 2:00 AM, no heat in room. Too late to call front desk to move to another room, tried to get heat to work, no luck. It seems like heat must be centrally controlled, even though there is an adjustable thermostat in the room. Advised front desk personnel about no heat at checkout next morning, I was told they could not do anything, would have a manager contact me. I filed a complaint online with Holiday Inn, was told I should receive a response from management, No response.
I have stayed at this hotel since it was built around 2002 over the Holidays, and I have been pleased with my stays, even though the hotel seems to be aging.
I will not be staying here next Holiday season, unfortunately. There are many other choices in the Warwick, RI area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Frank,
I am very sorry to hear about your recent stay. Please know that our desk is staffed 24 hours a day. It is never too late to contact us and we would have gladly moved your room if the heat had stopped working. I am very sorry that you have not received a response prior to your review. I have reviewed my cases from Guest Relations and never did receive your comments. I want to ensure we retain your loyal business. Based on just your user name I do not seem to have the correct contact information. Please reach out to me directly via phone or email so I can take care of this situation for you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Front Office Manager- Holiday Inn Express, Warwick
cdepietro@hiexpresswarwickri.necoxmail.com
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

On a visit to Providence this weekend, our original plans for the night fell through at the last minute. Based on a friend's recommendation, we got a last minute room here. Two queen beds. Corporate rate. The room was large with desk and chair and a comfortable chair as well. The decor was pleasant and the cleanliness of the room was exceptional. very comfortable. Slept well. In the morning we enjoyed a breakfast buffet in a luxuriously decorated dining area. complimentary local Sunday paper and all. The staff could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. If I have to go to Providence again, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tgold109,
We are very happy to hear about your great stay. We appreciate all of your positive comments. I am glad that our property and staff was able exceed your expectations. We look forward to your return visit next time you are in the area!

Walnutport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

So let me start by saying that there is a lot of good stuff going on at this hotel. A great inviting staff, an above average breakfast with a WONDERFUL lady who is there and attentive to the guests needs. Clean spacious rooms and a decent location that is easily accessible to a lot of attractions, shopping and restaurants. There is possibly 1 issue with the hotel that could easily be fixed, it is absurd that a hotel is left dirty in the common areas. The hallway carpeting was filthy for all 3 days I was there. I almost wanted to ask for a vacuum to do it myself. I also noticed that the elevators were very dirty inside. The corners where the carpet met the wall looked as if it has never been vacuumed. what stuck out the most is they have people sitting around (front desk staff and shuttle driver) who could easily do this for them. I stay in hotels about 250 nights per year for business purposes and I often see those individuals multitask.

Room Tip: Go for the high floor as the floors are a bit thin
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Robbi,
Thank you for your recent review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and your interactions with the staff. I appreciate the comments about our Breakfast Supervisor Maria. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the room and the hotel’s great location. Our hotel strives to exceeded expectations in particular in the housekeeping and cleanliness areas. I am disappointed that you experienced anything less than that. All of my team is required to multitask as you have described. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping team.
We hope to have you back on your next stay!

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good rate for an average hotel. Coffee and free breakfast included. First room we were given smelled funny and we were given another room that was great. No frills but excellent place to stay for the rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear k4Ysi4d,
Thanks for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about having to move your room but I am glad that the second room was much better. We hope to see you back next time you are in the area!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Holiday Inn is about 10 min away from downtown Providence and a good place to stay if you're looking for something cheap. The staff is incredibly nice. The room I had was a king bed with a sitting area and a microwave and small fridge, much appreciated for left overs. You'll get some good sleep here and it's easy enough to get back from downtown Providence if you'd like to relax for a bit! Good place to come and you don't hear too much noise from the airport. Hotel was clean and has a small business area should you need to print anything out or look anything up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Christine,
We were so pleased to read your great review of your recent stay. I am happy that you found our hotel as it was in such great proximity to Downtown Providence for you. I am also happy to see that you were able to stay in one of our suites. We appreciate the feedback that you found our rates to be a value to what your are received. It was also great to see all of the five star ratings. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Dover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Myself and a group of friends stayed at the Holiday Inn on 12/15/12. During our stay here Joe (the hotel receptionist) made our visit an eceptionally great experience. Even though it was well after 2 in the morning by the time we arrived to stay the night he went to all lengths to make us feel right at home. I have done quite a bit of traveling and stayed at much more expensive hotels but honestly I have never felt better taken care of or more at home than staying here. He provided us with plenty of travel tips, and was there for whatever we needed and had nothing but posative, and helpful things to share with us. If im ever back in the area again I will definitly be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Patrick,
Thanks for your great review. I am very happy you had such a warm welcome from Joe. He is an asset to our team. I am happy to see that even at 2 am you were able to take advantage of our 24 hour complimentary shuttle. We really appreciate your kind words about the way you were treated. We work hard to make sure our staff makes each guest feel that way. Please contact me the next time you are in the area and we will be happy to welcome you back!

Holiday Inn Express, Warwick, RI

Been to Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence? Share your experiences!