“Amazing hotel - can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Providence/Warwick to your Saves list
NYLO Providence/Warwick
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Knight Street, Warwick, RI 02886   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing hotel - can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

My husband and I spent one night here over Labor Day weekend. We wish we could have stayed longer!!!

The rooms are fantastic. Contemporary, clean lines with modern decor, cement floors, and exposed brick. The bed is seriously the most comfortable one I have every slept in! It was like sleeping on a cloud.

The service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and personable. We checked in late and discovered we had no bath towels - a quick call to the front desk and he was at our door in minutes.

We had breakfast in the hotel the next morning. It is not included in the room but prices are reasonable and the food is delicious. I had a prosciutto, spinach, and fontina panini, and my husband the cheddar, mushroom and onion omelette; both were excellent.

We walked through the bar before leaving - it looks like a fun place. One caution: my husband's sister and brother in law stayed @ the NYLO the night before we did. They had a room overlooking the river, which overlooked the outdoor deck as well - and they could hear a lot of noise from the nightclub, which went on til about 1 am. If you think this would be a problem, ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. We were there on Sunday and the bar closed early, so it wasn't an issue for us.

I also agree w/previous comments about the parking. The lot is right across the street but is not signed as hotel parking.
We're already planning a trip back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

A great find for the price! A very modern hotel with a warehouse design filled with comforts and conveniences. The staff was very helpful and friendly although not always knowledgeable about local restaurants and activities. We loved the ability to do laundry and the convenience getting water bottles to take along on our day trips. The bed was extremely comfortable my only complaint was a noisy fan on the AC but that was easily overlooked with all of the other pluses.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hopkinton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

The hotel is a renovated mill building and it is truly unique. The hotel lobby is fun and funky. The outside terrace has great views and the service was wonderful. Very nice place to just relax and hang out. The rooms are slick, concrete with minimal contemporary furnishings. Probably one of the few hotels that I have stayed in that felt really clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed here one night and went to see Water Fire in Providence. Very nice experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I booked my stay here on the basis of its ranking here on TripAdvisor (at the time, it held the #1 spot). It was easy to get to, if somewhat out of the way. The parking is across the street, with no signage, so that's a little confusing when approaching from the north.

Check in was a breeze - I had booked a Riverview room, and what a room! Windows on two sides (there are only a few rooms with this view) and what a view! The river curves in towards the hotel and so I could look straight down the river to the dam just a few yards away.

And the room was hip, modern, comfortable and very easy to settle into. Comfortable work area (not all "hip, modern" hotels are also comfortable!), nice sofa area, huge plasma TV on an arm so it could be viewed from any part of the room, spacious clean bathroom with a wonderful shower w/rainforest showerhead. Only oddity was no closet, and only one small drawer for clothes. The closet area was clearly defined, but just a curtain to pull across it to hide the contents. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens were of high quality and very crisp. They even put a little teddy bear on the bed.

There was free wireless internet, which I used extensively. They also provide a single-use coffee maker, which I don't much like - I like two cups of coffee in the morning and the standard small hotel coffee makers provide me with that. Also, what happens when two people share a room? One cup of coffee to share between them? Doesn't make sense to me. But the quality of the coffee was fine, so I enjoyed the one cup I had!

The workout room was small, but well-equipped with a huge restroom attached. My only complaint about the facilities was the lack of a business center. They state on their website that they have one, but in reality, it's a single computer in the lobby. The lobby (which I failed to mention) is hip, modern and stocked with tons of books (take one, add one - a great recycling concept). It has scattered seating areas and subdued lighting. So it's great for meeting friends and socializing, but terrible for working - no good lighting or workspaces anywhere. I needed the use of a business center one day while housekeeping was cleaning my room, but I had to sit in the lobby with my laptop on a coffee table, hunched over in the dark trying to make out the keys! Definitely not a Business Center.

I did eat in the restaurant one night - a very impressive menu, with ambitious entrees and salads. Unfortunately they didn't deliver - the food was OK at best. Not bad, but not to the standards that the menu seemed to promise. For example, my mussels with chorizo came out with what was obviously pre-cooked chorizo chopped into small bits, scattered over the mussels. Had they gotten fresh chorizo and put fresh cut sausage into the mussels as they cooked, some of the flavor would have transferred and really made it an outstanding dish. And the salad and grouper sandwich were the same. Looked better on the menu - were just OK on the table.

But the restaurant and bar atmosphere are top notch, so the location of our table on the terrace by the river more than made up for the "just OK" food.

Overall, a very nice hotel - I'll happily stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

I found the NYLO on Hotels.com and got an excellent rate, so 1.) My expectations were low especially after reading the noise complaints logged here. 2.) I didn't care about the location being a little out of the way.

This place is an absolute FIND. After staying there two nights, I can say: Yes, it's a trendy design and there are cement walls and floors. Yes, there is a busy bar/club scene with a lot of people trying hard to look hip. Yes, the music is loud depending where your room is located. And, Yes staff is young and seems under-trained. None of these things should stop you from staying here. But hey, if the critiques here turn you off, that's more rooms for those of us who know a great hotel when we see it.

The best thing about the NYLO is the bed. The bed was shipped directly from heaven. Seriously - When you go back to your bed at home, you will dream about the NYLO bed every night until you finally give in and book another stay. That's what I did. Just ask them to put you in a quiet room, if you want to sleep before 2am and you can't handle the music noise.

The next best thing about the NYLO is the deck that hangs over the river with a cleverly designed glass railing so that you have an unobstructed view. We spent all afternoon on Sunday just lounging on the deck, our stomachs full with a delicious brunch. The atmosphere was great with girlfriends, couples, and older families. But it was still very peaceful to sit and watch the river float by. And it's a great place to hang out at night. Find and excuse to throw a party here. Your friends will be impressed.

The third best thing about the NYLO is their desire to please you with freebies. Other hotels charge for this stuff: wireless internet, bottled water in the room, valet parking. In addition to its rock bottom rates, the NYLO does not make you feel like you're getting fleeced for extra cash at every turn. They throw in the extras for free. To drive up and be greeted by a valet and step into a vibrant hot-spot full of well-dressed people having a great time, what's wrong with that? Plus you get to spend the night.

The drawbacks about the NYLO are the service and the food at the restaurant - waitstaff were a hapless, but innocently so. They were nice and they were trying; they just weren't good at it. The front desk staff were better; I actually received excellent service from the young woman there; housekeepers were also friendly. The brunch was great and so were the salads - a little pricey, but most everything is locally farm fresh. Dinner and Lunch items sounded good but didn't measure up taste-wise. Valet will park your car on weekend nights; you have to retrieve it on your own the next day. The hotel location is out of Providence proper, a short 20 minute drive, and worth it for the cost savings and the river views. The modern feel of the place grew on us right away. We were exceedingly comfortable in the room. We had a water view and awoke to swans swimming outside on the pond.

NYLO is trendy in a good way. It's like something out of a design magazine, especially the bar and deck areas. I wish the designer would do my house. When I got home, I called everyone I know and told them they should meet me there for a weekend getaway. Then I immediately booked another visit - just to go.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

My husband and I spent 3 nights here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and to enjoy some much needed "together time" without our 3 kids. We were happy in every way with our experience. Having read some of the reviews ahead of time, we planned our trip for Sunday-Wednesday to avoid the heavy club going/noisy Fri & Sat nights. There was a wedding reception that Sunday night, but the loud music ended by 10:30p which I didn't find unreasonable. The staff was courteous & helpful. We have never slept on a more comfortable bed! We loved every aspect of the room - very different from the norm. The shower was to die for - a fantastic luxury. Would highly recommend to friends traveling without young ones.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

This is a nightclub with a hotel attached. Sure, it's cool, funky, and modern, but the service leaves a LOT to be desired. Front desk people seemed overwhelmed and under-trained. We were there for a busy weekend with a total of 5 wedding parties, I would think they would have put on more experienced staff to manage each shift but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was the 2nd day for most employees I ran into.

Very, very loud at night with the club DJs blaring onto the outside patio. Lots of drunk idiots in the lobby and around the hotel. 3 cops patrolling the inside and outside of the hotel at night - all of this just doesn't make for a pleasant, relaxing stay.

The club itself is extremely pretentious. Workers and patrons alike trying way too hard to be cool. We reserved an area on the deck for after the wedding we were attending. We were promised a large section to accomodate 40+ guests along with at least one cocktail waitress for drinks and apps. We showed up to find two tiny couches and a coffee table... Also no cocktail waitress to be found. We ended up just leaving and going up to the rooms and had a much better time up there.

All in all, if you're looking for a place to club then drag back a cheesy, drunk guy or girl to your room, this is the place for you. Otherwise, skip it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!