My boyfriend and I stayed at the NYLO on a Sunday night for a funeral. It was in a safe, quiet, residential neighborhood with a large mall across the street - only a few miles from Providence airport. The hotel is a converted mill and is situated right on a stream; there are some old, unused, industrial buildings lining the stream next to the hotel which were quite charming and added to the ambience from the rear, outdoor deck. They had a nice, large parking lot on the other side of the hotel with free parking.
The hotel is very modern and trendy; I felt like I was in New York City rather than in sleepy, little Warwick. All the walls are slate, gray concrete with concrete floors. The lobby has a small library with a few benches and spacepod chairs hanging from the ceiling - also an internet terminal, but the internet didn't appear to be working when we were there. The front desk people were friendly and professional and checked us in with no problems.
There is a chic restaurant adjacent to the lobby with a great bar, pool tables, and somewhat wild but cool decor. We had dinner out on the rear deck of the restaurant; the view was great, but at dusk the mosquitoes come out - we should've moved inside, because now we both have bites all over our legs. Our server was nice, told us about the hotel, although there was sometimes a bit of a long wait between her visits to the table especially considering there weren't many people there, but other than that, she was fine. We had the stuffed oyster appetizer (great!), clam chowder (also great!), I had the scallop and risotto entree which was good but a little dry, and my boyfriend had the lime chicken, which he liked. They had a good wine and cocktail list, and we both liked our drinks. Prices were not too bad, probably a little pricey for Warwick.
There is a fitness center right on the second floor above the restaurant with large windows overlooking the stream, which was really, really nice. Top of the line treadmills, ellipticals, weights, and lovely saunas in each locker room, and the locker rooms were really nice too. We wished we had more time to work out.
We had room 205 (I think) at the end of the hall facing the parking lot. I would ask for a room facing the stream next time. It was called a loft room, but the only loft-like aspect to it was that the bed was on a raised platform you could walk up three stairs behind, but I don't know why anyone would; it looked cool though. There was a nice sofa, large bow-shaped floor lamp, flatscreen TV with plenty of channels, high-speed internet, single-serving coffee maker, open closet, thermostat, can't remember if it had a fridge. There was supposed to be room service 24 hours, but that turned out not to be the case. In any case, there was a vending machine outside the room for drinks. Anyway, we were in love with the bed - extremely comfortable with nice linens and coverlet. We were also madly in love with the shower; it was one of those "rain" showers - great water pressure, plenty hot, nice shampoo/soap. The sink was a large porcelain basin that was raised above the countertop level - also very nice; toilet next to the sink opposite the shower. We really had no complaints about the room at all; we really loved it, especially for the price ($100). We would both love to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NYLO Warwick is beautifully situated along the Pawtuxet River in the heart of New England. The hotel pays tribute to the region's stunning beaches and marinas by blending NYLO's urban, industrial design with a whimsical nautical expression, creating an aesthetic that is unique, comfortable, and inspiring. The hotel attracts business and leisure travelers alike with chic loft-style accommodations, NYLO's signature Loft Bar & Restaurant, a state-of-the-art gym, and 1,450 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your NYLO Providence/Warwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nylo Providence/Warwick Hotel Warwick
- Nylo Providence Hotel Warwick