“Great, Modern Hotel Close to the Airport” 5 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Providence/Warwick to your Saves list
NYLO Providence/Warwick
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Knight Street, Warwick, RI 02886   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Sunnyvale, California
“Great, Modern Hotel Close to the Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the NYLO on a Sunday night for a funeral. It was in a safe, quiet, residential neighborhood with a large mall across the street - only a few miles from Providence airport. The hotel is a converted mill and is situated right on a stream; there are some old, unused, industrial buildings lining the stream next to the hotel which were quite charming and added to the ambience from the rear, outdoor deck. They had a nice, large parking lot on the other side of the hotel with free parking.

The hotel is very modern and trendy; I felt like I was in New York City rather than in sleepy, little Warwick. All the walls are slate, gray concrete with concrete floors. The lobby has a small library with a few benches and spacepod chairs hanging from the ceiling - also an internet terminal, but the internet didn't appear to be working when we were there. The front desk people were friendly and professional and checked us in with no problems.

There is a chic restaurant adjacent to the lobby with a great bar, pool tables, and somewhat wild but cool decor. We had dinner out on the rear deck of the restaurant; the view was great, but at dusk the mosquitoes come out - we should've moved inside, because now we both have bites all over our legs. Our server was nice, told us about the hotel, although there was sometimes a bit of a long wait between her visits to the table especially considering there weren't many people there, but other than that, she was fine. We had the stuffed oyster appetizer (great!), clam chowder (also great!), I had the scallop and risotto entree which was good but a little dry, and my boyfriend had the lime chicken, which he liked. They had a good wine and cocktail list, and we both liked our drinks. Prices were not too bad, probably a little pricey for Warwick.

There is a fitness center right on the second floor above the restaurant with large windows overlooking the stream, which was really, really nice. Top of the line treadmills, ellipticals, weights, and lovely saunas in each locker room, and the locker rooms were really nice too. We wished we had more time to work out.

We had room 205 (I think) at the end of the hall facing the parking lot. I would ask for a room facing the stream next time. It was called a loft room, but the only loft-like aspect to it was that the bed was on a raised platform you could walk up three stairs behind, but I don't know why anyone would; it looked cool though. There was a nice sofa, large bow-shaped floor lamp, flatscreen TV with plenty of channels, high-speed internet, single-serving coffee maker, open closet, thermostat, can't remember if it had a fridge. There was supposed to be room service 24 hours, but that turned out not to be the case. In any case, there was a vending machine outside the room for drinks. Anyway, we were in love with the bed - extremely comfortable with nice linens and coverlet. We were also madly in love with the shower; it was one of those "rain" showers - great water pressure, plenty hot, nice shampoo/soap. The sink was a large porcelain basin that was raised above the countertop level - also very nice; toilet next to the sink opposite the shower. We really had no complaints about the room at all; we really loved it, especially for the price ($100). We would both love to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We were there for July 4th weekend. Hotel is a bit out of the way, if one is looking for the beach, crowd or decent food (aside from hotel's), 40 min drive to Newport. It was in a quiet neighborhood and everything was nice, clean and comfy. Bed was super comfy. Food at hotel was delish, every one nice and helpful/pleasant. Our initial room looked out on the lake where there is a Terrance and on the weekend there is music, it was a bit too loud, so if you mind book not even #'s, we asked for a switch to a quieter area and were provided with one right away, w/o a problem. Met couple on elevator with the same move, they also had no problem having their room switched. What I did not like was that we went down to eat at Hotel and were charged a cover, as a guest of the hotel I felt that I should not have been charged. Overall the stay was great and worth the money and drive. On 5th fl got to see all the fire works, a +
Location: 3
Food: 5
Service: 5
Room: 5
Around only fast food and the likes of TGIFridays

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

I cannot begin to explain my frustration with staying at the NYLO Hotel in Warwick, RI. I had no idea that they ran a nightclub on the main floor of the hotel that played music until 1 in the morning. The music was so loud that I could not only hear the base, but I could feel it in my room, and I could hear every lyric to the music. When I called the front desk to ask if there was any way that it could be turned down or if we could have a room on a higher floor on the other side of the building, he said that he had a guest with him but that he would call me back in ten mintues. He never did. Worse, people hang around outside until the middle of the night, drunk and screaming. They have a valet that they say is "mandatory" because all of the parking is taken up by the guests of the club and is not separated or reserved for hotel guests. In terms of the rooms, the concrete floors did not bother me, but may bother others. The only positives that I can say are that the shower was nice and the bed was comfortable. The location is somewhat random as it's not near the city of Providence (about 15 miles, 20 minute drive) about 10 miles from thea airport, and not close to any other restaurants, though there is a mall across the highway with a movie theater. I would not recommend this to anyone, but friends who stayed at hotels in Providence had wonderful experiences, and we really wished we had spent the extra money for a positive experience. I would only recommend this hotel to singles looking to party.

boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I spent the weekend at NYLO for a much needed mini-vacation away from the kids. It was the perfect place to go and get away from everything.
The decor is super funky (I especially liked the swing chairs in various places throughout the hotel). We lucked out with a suite which didn't lack a single amenity. We slept on the most comfortable bed I've ever been on. The bedding was so soft and it was loaded with pillows, making it hard to want to do anything except sleep. The room also included a bar, very attractive furniture, two large flat screen tv's, an air purifier and a very cool shower.
We had delicious meals in the outdoor restaurant and great drinks in the bar. The goat cheese, fig and prosciutto flatbread was something I'll be craving for a long time.
The hotel definitely has something for everyone. There is a library, bar and gym. The staff were all very friendly and responsive to our needs.
We will most certainly be going back very soon and are recommending NYLO to all of our friends and family! If you're looking to get away and not have to worry about a single thing except having a good time, this is the place to go.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Cool boutique hotel in the Providence area. Decor is stylish, and rooms are well designed (urban loft style) and comfortable. Free wi-fi, free parking, and restaurant is good if a tad pricey considering the area (suburban Providence). There were a few issues (front door not so welcoming, check-in was a bit difficult), but the staff were obviously trying their best, even if they lacked some training. I did hear some noise on Friday night from the club, but it didn't keep me from sleeping (I was on the 3rd Floor). Just remember its a 3 star hotel (even though it looks classier), and all will be well. If you get it on Hotwire (like I did), its a even better value.

nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed in NYLO with our 16 month old son over 7/4 weekend. When we checked in, we used the free valet to park our car, ordered great room service and went to bed around 11. However, due to the excessive noise from the bar/restaurant and the patrons outside, we did not go to sleep until the bar closed (after 1AM). This included our 16 month old.

The next morning, I mentioned the noise to the front desk and they were more than happy to change our room. They said our room is ready and we can move at any time - GREAT! We asked for a recommendation for breakfast and directions and said we would be back. After walking around the entire parking lot, looking for our car (since valet is only available at night and you left to find your car in a big lot the next day on your own), we went to the recommended restaurant and it was CLOSED. Shouldn't concierge know if the restaurant is open before they send guests there!?!?

By the time we got back to our room to give our baby a nap and move to our new room, we discovered that they checked us into an OCCUPIED room. We walked into a room with someone's belongings still there. It took them close to 1 hour to figure out a quieter room for us. At the end, this meant that we were 4 doors down from our original noisy room, but 2 floors higher. We ended up sleeping past 1AM again that night.

Upon checking out, tired and weary from the weekend from a lack of sleep, the hotel offered us free breakfast for our troubles. Although this was a nice gesture, I would have gladly paid more for a peaceful, restful night of sleep. The noise is just too much.

I recommend the hotel for younger couples/friends who are planning on going to sleep around 1AM or later. The combination of the concrete floors and noise makes this hotel not an ideal spot for families.

In the end there are a few pros as well as cons to take away from this hotel:

Pros:
- Price, Modern, Free Coffee, Water and teas, decent bed, free laundry machine (first time I have seen this). They even provide TIDE detergent.

Cons:
- Small space, Concrete floors and walls (not ideal for kids), No tubs (only showers in the entire hotel), Not that clean, Staff doesn't seem organized, and NOISE, NOISE, NOISE!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I pulled up on a Friday afternoon to the free valet in front and was greeted at once. I was asked if I was there for the nightclub/dinner and told the valet - no, I'm checking in. It was very busy at the time with many people arriving to dine at the restaurant there. I did "name my own price" for a 3 star hotel in the PVD area and that's how I ended up at the NYLO. I'm so glad I did! I checked in and was given keys to a fifth/top floor room in the back over the deck area with a view of the river.

This hotel is on the site of the old Fruit of the Loom Headquarters and is across the street from the Warwick Mall. The room was very clean and the bed is unbelievably comfortable. There is a 32 inch flat screen TV with HBO, an IPOD-ready clock-radio, 2 phones with free local and domestic long distance calls, a Keurig coffeemaker, 1 complimentary bottle of spring water per day, a room-safe large enough for a 15 inch laptop, and an incredible shower! There is wired and wireless internet in the room but both were rather slow and had a fair signal quality. There are no drawers to store your clothes but there are some hangers and also a shelf behind a curtain where you could fold and stack clothes. The curved shower wall does not meet the high ceiling and you can hear everything, but staying solo it's not an issue, if you are staying with your significant other, then the shower is pretty sexy!

On Friday and Saturday night I could hear the loud music from the nightclub until about 1:30 am so if you want to get any sleep, be warned. I got in around midnight on those nights and was watching HBO anyway although I really had to crank up the volume on the TV to drown out the music. I have read reviews from others who did not hear the music from their 5th floor room so it really depends on the location of the room. I never expected I would get a quiet room - for the price I paid, anyway. Even at full price, you get a good value for your dollar here. I must also mention that the staff was polite and knowledgeable whether it was the valet, the front desk, a server, or a bus person. Keep up the good work NYLO! I hope to return with my spouse next time so we can enjoy the nightclub.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!