The bottom line: This is not your normal hotel experience, but it is one that you will never forget, with a great bed, relaxing shower, and a warmth that defies the concrete construction. We would go back again in a heartbeat.
The whole story:
My wife and I wanted to get away for a weekend, so we settled on Rhode Island as a destination, just a few hours away from our CT home. Normally, I would book a night at a Sheraton using my Starwood points and that would be that, but as luck would have it, just as I was booking the reservation, I received a great Groupon offer for two nights at the NYLO Providence--Warwick hotel, so I booked it.
I had read about the hotel on the website and seen the TripAdvisor reviews, but was still surprised to see the "Old Mill" as we pulled up to the NYLO on Friday night.
It took a bit of time to register as I had not printed the Groupon voucher (I had read that all I needed to do was show the voucher on my iphone). The desk clerk was very apologetic, and upgraded us to one of the PURE hypo-allergenic rooms at no charge. We were intrigued by the ambiance of the lobby, and were not sure what to expect when we got to our room.
When we got to our room my wife was immediately taken by the look and feel. This was going to be different.
The room was smaller than we had expected from the pictures, but it was very functional. The bed was very soft and comfortable, but the sofa was definitely not. We both loved the Waterfall shower head and the sink with very cold water. The TV swiveled to all angles and there was a safe in the "closet" area. Don't expect any dressers with drawers, you will need to live out of your suitcase(s). But there is something intangible about the smell, the warmth and the comfort that defies the concrete construction of the rooms.
So if you are looking for something out of the ordinary from the usual bland Hotel experience, we highly recommend NYLO Providence. We hear there are some great bicycle rail trails in RI, so we are likely to go back this summer and will stay at NYLO for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NYLO Warwick is beautifully situated along the Pawtuxet River in the heart of New England. The hotel pays tribute to the region's stunning beaches and marinas by blending NYLO's urban, industrial design with a whimsical nautical expression, creating an aesthetic that is unique, comfortable, and inspiring. The hotel attracts business and leisure travelers alike with chic loft-style accommodations, NYLO's signature Loft Bar & Restaurant, a state-of-the-art gym, and 1,450 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your NYLO Providence/Warwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nylo Providence/Warwick Hotel Warwick
- Nylo Providence Hotel Warwick