“Great stay for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   268 Metro Center Boulevard, Warwick, RI 02886 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
“Great stay for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Staff was great, price was right. Rooms were clean and quiet. The hallways smelled a bit in the evening as people were all cooking dinners in their rooms, but inside our room smelled fine. I would have liked the bathtub to be larger, but that was pretty minor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your relaxing, affordable stay here and that our staff provided you with quality service; however, we are sorry that your bathtub did not meet your expectations. We use feedback such as yours all the time to make improvements to our brand.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to the Rhode Island area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

- At check-in I was quoted a different daily rate than what I had booked the room for....I had to retrieve my reservation and show it to the front desk....all toll it was a difference of over $250 over the 4 night stay
- Every day I had to remind staff that I paid for cleaning of my room for each day of my stay...was given excuses: "we're having trouble with housekeeping staff" "a housekeeper quit today...." One day the room was never cleaned.
- At check-in I was asked if I wanted dinnerware and utensils! I replied "of course"....I was then asked if I wanted "pans for cooking"...again I said yes. Subsequently I was asked if I wanted a toaster, or, how about a coffee maker?....I actually thought the next question was did I want a bed!!!!
When I inquired as to why an establishment that has the name EXTENDED STAY and has rooms with kitchens, refrigerators, stoves, ovens, kitchen sinks, dishwasher, et al, would inquire as to whether a guest would like basic kitchen wares I was told that it is a new policy...related to cleanliness!! Whatever genius came up with this policy should be looking for a real job!!
- Ryan (the Manager) and Jen (desk clerk) are pleasant and seem to have an interest in the well-being of their guests. However, considering the above issues one would think that the Manager might be alerted of a customer's concerns and follow-up with the dissatisfied guest. I saw Ryan almost every day....never a word regarding my complaints and problems....nothing. Does this company do any training whatsoever?
- Lastly, I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past several years. On whole I have been satisfied. However, starting with the removal of guest coffee 24/7 the establishment has continued to slide backwards. I have a reservation for a stay in August but am actively looking for alternatives.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Warwick, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

if there was an option to t zero i would have!!! robin at the front desk lacks customer service skills - not really home away from home feeling....OR MAYBE THEY JUST WANTED TO CREATE A HOME AWAY FROM HOME HOSTILE FEELING.
THE MANAGER RYAN DOES NOTHING TO HELP - its new company policy to treat your guests this way.
THE NEW STAFF IS TERRIBLE!! THEY TELL YOU TO GET OUT OF YOUR ROOM ...THEY LITERALLY SAY THAT AND ITS FOR THEIR SAFETY ...which is fine but how do you explain missing items then!! but no the room service has the right to be RUDE , BANG THE DOOR AND LEAVE . HEATHER was extremely rude, her attitude was that i am having a bad day so i dont care!
a dog peeded on the corridor carpet and it still smells the bath rooms are in such a bad condition.

IF YOU WANT RUDE ROOM SERVICE ,PEED CARPETS , BAD BATH ROOM S , AND OF COURSE IF YOU WANT YOUR VALUABLE S TO GO MISSING - THIS IS THE HOTEL TO CHOOSE!! the new management and rules are going to loose business.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I called about broken air conditioner, and was told the hotel was full, and they didn't have any maintenance men here to help. What kind of a hotel manager would let his hotel be booked and not have anyone on call to fix the inevitable breakdown? Not pleased with the worn furniture, worn bathroom fixtures, mattress, or quality of bedding. Rather disappointing first night of 3 day stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of your room. The broken air conditioner you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am meeting with our maintenance staff to prevent future breakdowns and to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wrw@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel is just a step up from an hourly location. The staff was excellent but the actual hotel itself is just above a hoe motel. The bathroom floor was peeling, the bathroom was dirt dingy and the carpet was sticky (Lord knows why) and the closet had a worn pair of thongs and sweat socks in there (BIG ONES at that). Overall if this is indicative of all Extended Stay hotels then I'll pass and just sleep in the woods with deer and bears and wild possums. No thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with the overall cleanliness and condition of our hotel. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated in the future. If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact me directly at to wrw@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Jenn was excellent! Went above and beyond!! Overall I give it a 3 1/2 bed was a little hard and fridge was noisy! A/c was excellent and it was a quiet hotel I would stay here again!! It was a great value and the grab and go breakfast was decent

• Stayed June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

You should know this is not a full service hotel. There is no daily housekeeping unless you pay for it. You will be lucky to get a 25cent bar of soap. There is a general odor throughout the whole building. Our room smelled of mildew and was humid. The pullout couch was dirty and stained there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and was generally run down. You will pay a lot of money for a "roof over your head" basically. Don't stay here unless you want to be on your own for everything and don't care about your surroundings. I am not a picky person this place truly is substandard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that you were not pleased with the cleanliness and overall condition of our hotel. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport? Share your experiences!