“Thong, Th-Thong, Thong, Thong” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   268 Metro Center Boulevard, Warwick, RI 02886 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
“Thong, Th-Thong, Thong, Thong”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel is just a step up from an hourly location. The staff was excellent but the actual hotel itself is just above a hoe motel. The bathroom floor was peeling, the bathroom was dirt dingy and the carpet was sticky (Lord knows why) and the closet had a worn pair of thongs and sweat socks in there (BIG ONES at that). Overall if this is indicative of all Extended Stay hotels then I'll pass and just sleep in the woods with deer and bears and wild possums. No thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with the overall cleanliness and condition of our hotel. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated in the future. If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact me directly at to wrw@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Jenn was excellent! Went above and beyond!! Overall I give it a 3 1/2 bed was a little hard and fridge was noisy! A/c was excellent and it was a quiet hotel I would stay here again!! It was a great value and the grab and go breakfast was decent

• Stayed June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

You should know this is not a full service hotel. There is no daily housekeeping unless you pay for it. You will be lucky to get a 25cent bar of soap. There is a general odor throughout the whole building. Our room smelled of mildew and was humid. The pullout couch was dirty and stained there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and was generally run down. You will pay a lot of money for a "roof over your head" basically. Don't stay here unless you want to be on your own for everything and don't care about your surroundings. I am not a picky person this place truly is substandard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that you were not pleased with the cleanliness and overall condition of our hotel. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed three nights in a room with a dead mouse under my sleeper sofa. Imagine the horror of discovering this unexpected guest. On arrival to the front desk I met it empty and had to have a seat waiting to be checked in.

Room Tip: check your room before sleeping
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

location was great. When I first entered room, all the drawers were open, the sofa bed was half open, no complimentary basic stuff in room.

Worst of all when I went at 8 am for breakfast they informed that they ran out. Day 2 and day 3 they simply did not provided any breakfast.

Bad Management

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your room was not in the proper condition when you arrived. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast was not fully stocked during our breakfast hours. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this issue does not continue in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel during Brown's graduation weekend. We found the staff - both at the front desk and with housekeeping - to be very professional and pleasant. They went out of their way for us more than once… They do not advertise themselves as a "frills" establishment. We think we got a great deal in a clean, accommodating and pleasant place and highly recommend this location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I understand that this is a budget hotel. Everything is going to be basic, beds, room, amenities, free breakfast. Even with that being said I still expect the staff to help me when I ask for it.
The second week we stayed here i had house keeping knock on our door three separate days asking if we wanted service. Every single time i told them i wanted service on a particular day. That day comes and goes and we do not get service. I bring this to the attention of the front desk and they say it will be done the next day. It doesn't happen. I complain again and a women tells me it will be done first thing in the morning. Again this does not happen. In short we had housekeeping a week late. Which is two weeks without our bathroom being cleaned, the studio being vacuumed or our sheets and towels being changed.
Free breakfast is oranges and apples, granola bars, oatmeal and prepackaged muffins as well as coffee and tea. This would be great if it was stocked properly. I don't know how many times i went down in the morning to find that there was NOTHING there. Another issue is there is never anyone at the front desk. So I could not even ask someone to restock the food and coffee if i wanted to.
Overall I would only recommend this place if you were desperate or staying for less than two weeks. They do not uphold service or quality (forgot to mention that one of our bedside lamps fell off the wall in the middle of the night). I do have to say that the women at the front desk from the Shetland islands as well as Becky were really great.

Room Tip: I would take a room that is in the front of the hotel on the top floor if you don't smoke. that...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport? Share your experiences!