“Comfortable accommodations and convenient location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   268 Metro Center Boulevard, Warwick, RI 02886 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Comfortable accommodations and convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are former RI residents now living in Florida. We stayed at this facility for three weeks while in town for a family wedding. From the moment we checked in, we found all the staff to be more than friendly and extremely helpful. Jen at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful and always available when we had a question. We had one small issue in our room and maintenance responded right away. We found the room (bedroom suite) to be comfortable and more than adequate. The hotel is conveniently located with easy access to the highway. We would definitely recommend this facility and would not hesitate to stay there again. Thank you for a pleasant stay. (To the person whose laundry was stolen ... there are signs posted that instruct guests not to leave their laundry unattended. We used the laundry facilities several times and never had a problem.)

Room Tip: We were in a 3rd floor bedroom suite, which offered a door between the bedroom and rest of the suite...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Ray - Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am excited to hear that you found Jen to be helpful during your stay! I will be sure to share your review with her, and the entire team. I am also happy to hear that you found the room to be functional, and that it provided enough space for you.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Looks like a nice hotel, but has many disadvantages. The best thing about the hotel is the staff. They are kind, concerned, and very friendly. The worst... ANTS everywhere. On the counter and behind the sofa. 3rd floor room. Was told they are aware of the problem, but the Orkin man has not been able to get rid of them. The sofa bed had old dirty linens in it. Bathroom ceiling light was out. Only one queen bed per room. If you are 2 guys, not what is wanted. No ice machine. Ice trays in fridge take a while to freeze. If it was cleaner, it does have a stovetop, microwave, fridge, dishes, etc. A small seating area. The breakfast to go is coffee, apples and oranges and a few bagged muffins. There are other hotels within a mile which are a much better choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking a few minutes to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with pests and cleanliness of your room, and I can assure you it has been addressed. Still, I am very happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly, and accommodating.

Thank you again for your business, and we hope to welcome you again in the very near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by a women named andrea who was crude and made sexual references towards my husband . The building smelled like smoke. Laundry was stolen while we were there. The clientele was unsavory . We felt unsafe . The checkout was horrible - i had to wait for andrea to open up a birthday present from her friend and then rewrap it before she would wait on me. Ridiculous.

• Stayed August 2013
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I are relocating to Providence and we stayed here for three days in July while we were house hunting and checking out the area.

The Pros:
The hotel was clean and everything seemed to be new or recently renovated.
They had a free airport shuttle that also took us over to the nearby train station/rental car building.
The place was quiet and we were able to get a good night's sleep.
All the staff we encountered were friendly and seemed eager to please.
Plentiful free parking and free Wi-Fi.
Only hotel in its class near the airport available during our dates under $100/night.
The efficiency kitchen was great to store and reheat store bought food and leftovers.

The cons:
The ice machine in our freezer did not work and there isn't a public use ice machine anywhere in the building. We had to go down to the front desk each time we wanted ice and they gave us some from their freezer downstairs.
We had a mechanical issue with our bed that was fixed when we reported it, but I was a bit shocked it was left in that condition to begin with.
The hotel is in an isolated light industrial area and there isn't any shopping or dining within walking distance.
The room was smaller than we expected (we had a studio - their smallest room), and I think it would have been too cramped for more than two people or for more than a couple of days.
The "free" breakfast was less than we expected for a hotel like this. Coffee, oranges, apples, oatmeal packets and bars and Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and that was it. No cereal, yogurt or bananas or anything else.
They don't offer daily maid service.

I wouldn't recommend this place for families, couples or anyone expecting lots of frills or pampering. You wouldn't want to stay here if you were going to spend a lot of time in your room. It's fine for a business person or anyone else looking for safe, reliable, inexpensive housing near the airport in Warwick.

Insider's tip:
If you are a looking for a cool, late night snack on a warm summer evening, be sure and check out Rita's Water Ice just north of the airport on Post St.
There is a shopping center with a grocery store about a mile from the hotel if you are looking to stock up your fridge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete of review of your recent experience at the Extended Stay America. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, and our wifi to be useful. Also, I have passed along the minor maintenance concerns you had to our maintenance department. Its feedback like yours that helps us to see where we are doing well, and where we could improve. Thank you once again on behalf of the entire team, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Vernon Rockville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have never encountered people who enjoyed their jobs as much as these people. Upon check in the clerk noticed I had my 9yr old with me and moved us out of a smoking room into a non smoking room as she was concerned with my child's health. The room was so clean and the room looked new. Upon check out house keeping was making their rounds and asked if we were leaving and told us to tell the front desk that she was already getting the room ready for the next guest. Everyone was more than helpful and so personable. I felt like I was at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for the very kind words regarding your recent experience with us. Our goal is to provide a “home away from home” experience, and I am glad we met your expectations. Part of what we do is try and identify all of our guests needs, and respond accordingly. I am glad to know that our staff did just that.

We hope to see you again during your next visit to the “Ocean State”. Thank you again, on behalf of our entire team!
glenwood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staff friendly, hotel clean and quiet. I specifically booked a suite a month in advance, and when I arrived, not only didn't get a suite, but was put in a single with 1 bed and a sofa. Not good when one person is a snorer, which was the whole reason for booking a suite. The hotel was full, and we couldn't even get a larger room, or a second room. Deal Breaker, not coming back. Don't expect breakfast...I didn't expect anything great, but at least real milk for the coffee please.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jerri - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apologizes that we were unable to provide you with the room type that you had reserved. Unfortunately, due to high occupancy and guests extending their stay, we were unable to accommodate this request. Still,I am happy that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet, and our staff to be helpful.

Thank you again for your comments, and I will be sure to share them with the rest of the team.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Don't waste your money its a nightmare..in addition to all the crap our room had fleas,moved to a room that reaked of cat pee,GROSS!!!! Staff always acted inconvenienced when asked something ..ants all over grab and go counter where breakfast is served..blankets and sheets had burn holes in them...pillows smelled like mildew ...someone pulled my clothes out of washer when I was doing laundry ..bad bad bad...will NEVER stay here again!!!!!!! Also when I told them my one year old was bit all over by fleas all I got was quarters for laundry and moved to a room that reaked of pee

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Extended Stay America Warwick Airport. On behalf of our entire team, please accept our most sincere apologies. We did not deliver the exceptional experience that our hotel is known for, and that is unacceptable. I will use this valuable feedback to ensure that something like this never happens again.

Please contact me at ccarlson@extendedstay.com, I would be more than happy to make this right for you.

Once again, thank you for bringing these deficiencies to my attention. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport? Share your experiences!