“Mangiare! Buon appetito!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
RI
“Mangiare! Buon appetito!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I have been going to the Italian Village for over 15 yrs. The food and service are always excellent. Between us, we have tried almost everything on the menu. We visit mostly for lunch and I usually have a spinach pie with a bowl of Antonio's (the owner) delicious soup. My favorites are escarole & bean or paste e fagiole. My husband loves the eggplant sandwiches. Dinner choices are excellent and plentiful. I don't think we've ever left without a doggie bag. The rolled eggplant with cheese is to die for!!! If you like eggplant I highly recommend this dish. The Italian Village is a very casual and comfortable neighborhood restaurant. It is where the locals go for good Italian food. The owner is from Italy so it doesn't get any more Italian than this. If you are disappointed with his food, it's probably be because you've never had real Italian food. This is NOT an Olive Garden, thank God!! This is the real deal! Buon appetito!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great little Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Italian Village is a Wakefield favorite. It's been around forever. I usually have lunch here -- the grinders are terrific. My favorite is the meatball grinder - it's huge, delicious, and inexpensive. Dinner is also very nice at Italian Village. Their menu features several authentic italian favorites including entrees, soups, salads and appetizers. They also have a liquor license so you have have a nice glass of wine or beer with your meal. they also offer take-out. It's not a fancy place - it's very modest and small, but they serve up great meals at reasonable prices. Worth a visit.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“So worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

A small place locals like, so prices are great and so is the food. Try the Chicken escarole soup and the spinach pie.

Visited August 2011
Naples
“Cute Restaurant with Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I have gone to this restaurant many times both for lunch and dinner. We have had many good meals with just a few "misses".

One major issue we have is with the salad dressing. Your only option is a bottle of oil & vinegar (with seasoning) that is left on the tables. It is very difficult to get this dressing to mix (there is no closed top to easily shake it up).
Plus the fact that it is left on the table open just makes it very unappealing. I hope the owners will change this unsanitary way to serve dressing in the future.
We agree that prices are a little steep for a family style restaurant. Interior is cute but could use some updating.
Serving portions are more than adequate, always get a doggy bag.
Sauce is excellent. Food is usually above average, so worth a try. Lunch would be a good time to try it. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
RI
“Consistently good: "Mangia, Beve & Spende Poco"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I go to this restaurant at least once a month or more. The food is always consistent. Antonio makes a great spinach pie and every soup I've ordered has been delicious and I've had them all. Their Pasta e fagioli is my favorite. Perfect for a filling lunch. Between my husband and I, we have tried just about everything on the menu. Neither of us have ever been disappointed. The food is like home cooking. If you want pre-portioned, run of the mill, so-called Italian food, go to The Olive Garden. If you want authentic Italian home cooking go to The Italian Village. It doesn't get anymore authentic. Antonio, the owner, is from Italy. For those who think it's too pricy, I would say, you get what you pay for and you get plenty of it. I always leave with a doggy bag. No, this is not a high end, high falutin posh restaurant, but if you want good food in a nice neighborhood atmosphere, with great service (Shanon is a sweetheart and goes out of her way to make her customers happy), then this is the place for you. I am rating it for the category in which it is; home cooked Italian food.

• Visited September 2011