“Consistently good: "Mangia, Beve & Spende Poco"” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
RI
“Consistently good: "Mangia, Beve & Spende Poco"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I go to this restaurant at least once a month or more. The food is always consistent. Antonio makes a great spinach pie and every soup I've ordered has been delicious and I've had them all. Their Pasta e fagioli is my favorite. Perfect for a filling lunch. Between my husband and I, we have tried just about everything on the menu. Neither of us have ever been disappointed. The food is like home cooking. If you want pre-portioned, run of the mill, so-called Italian food, go to The Olive Garden. If you want authentic Italian home cooking go to The Italian Village. It doesn't get anymore authentic. Antonio, the owner, is from Italy. For those who think it's too pricy, I would say, you get what you pay for and you get plenty of it. I always leave with a doggy bag. No, this is not a high end, high falutin posh restaurant, but if you want good food in a nice neighborhood atmosphere, with great service (Shanon is a sweetheart and goes out of her way to make her customers happy), then this is the place for you. I am rating it for the category in which it is; home cooked Italian food.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newport, Rhode Island
“Molto Bene!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

The food was delicious and came in huge heaping portions. They have a mix of American-Italian, but also a lot of more classic Italian food. Very well priced for a dinner for two and drinks.

Read my review of The Italian Village at my food blog!

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
north carolina
“Too expensive, not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

Food is just ok, nothing special. Basically, you would find the same type of Italian food at the mall food court.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Typical Italian food. good if u dont expect the americanised version”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

Typical Italian food. good if u dont expect the americanised version

Rhode Island
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

I really like the food at the Italian Village. The Chicken Marsala is excellent. We have always had very nice service there.