“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is without a doubt one of my favorite places for a celebration! Was there last weekend to celebrate family birthdays... The oysters are amazing!!!!! The bartender makes a great martini, the calamari unlike anywhere else. In addition to seafood, we ordered the free range chicken that was served with mushroom risotto -- it was also amazing! I only wish I didn't have to get on an airplane to get there! And you cannot beat the location!!! The view off the deck or through the front window is wonderful!

• Visited February 2014

Jamestown
“Good food, GREAT Oysters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Don't get me wrong, I love the Matunuck Oyster Bar!!!!!!!!!!!! But I go there for the oysters which are the ultimate!!! The fish and chips are pretty amazing as well, but the seafood dishes are not as consistent as the raw bar which is just outstanding! Another big plus is that there is something for everyone to eat at the Matunuck Oyster Bar even those who are not seafood aficionados!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Exeter, Rhode Island
“Best local fish and shellfish!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

If I lived a bit closer, I would go here nightly! We dined at the Oyster bar this past week during a cold and blustery storm.

There is valet parking right at the door which makes it pretty easy. While it was quiet for us, I know that this place can get very busy during the warm weather.

The restaurant is run by a local oyster farmer who is actively engaged with the community and participates in many of the local farmers markets. You can also take tours of the bivalve farms once a month.

At the restaurant, there is lots of outdoor seating and some indoor. Of course, we sat indoors as it was a nasty night. We got a table by the windows were there is a great view of the pond.

If you like to watch shellfish getting shucked, the folks at the open counter will entertain you with their non stop orders for the oysters and clams.

Our server was prompt and very efficient. Drinks came quickly and hubby reports that his martini was "well done". For appetizers, we shared Oysters Rockefeller and Clams Casino - both excellent.

I choose a swordfish special and hubby had a jambalaya dish and both were swiftly consumed - they were great!

I cannot report on desserts as we were way too full! Our bellies were happy with clams and fish!

Terrific spot and we will return!

South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Everything was exceptional from the shrimp and oysters at the bar through the salads, salmon and specialty desserts. View was one of a kind. Staff was friendly and fun. The owner came by and checked on us and our meal. No lines in winter on an off night! It was perfect!

Cranston, Rhode Island
“New Years Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I had reservations for New Years Eve dinner. There was complimentary bubbly and complimentary oysters before we even saw the menu. It was a 4 course meal with 3 choices each course. The food--each course--was exceptional!! The service was excellent!! And Perry, owner, made a point to visit all his guests. All in all, a wonderful way to spend the last day of the year. We had a 7:30 seating, so we were home by 10pm. A huge plus--very reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2013