“Stay here all the time, the best place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn South Kingstown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn South Kingstown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3009 Tower Hill Road, Route 1 and Route 138, South Kingstown, RI 02874   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in South Kingstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Stay here all the time, the best place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel whenever I am in the area over the last many years. This hotel has always been the best in friendly staff and a great clean room. Sure rates are high in the summer and not being far from the beaches.. A simply supply and demand a basic business principle which some just cannot grasp and complain about prices. I always stay at this hotel no matter what time period I need to be there and the hotel has always made my stay a great stay and no complaints . They are always happy and smiling and always willing to interact with us and not just brush us off. They gave us great food ideas and yes, Iggys clam shack was still the best. We stayed once at the other hotel down the street because the Holiday inn was sold out, decent enough room but the service was just not there. Lack of friendliness and really only the basic in interaction. Sorta a bland cold feeling. We will never stay there again and will book earlier so we can get a room at the Holiday inn. And to those other reviews I read, if you can't afford it then Don't go to an expensive area in the summer,, I bet any money if they owned the hotel they would be doing the same in pricing.... Yes expensive on weekends but when I leave I don't feel like I was ripped off, the friendliness of the staff and a great pool, will be back many years to come....

• Stayed August 2013
Lisa8011, Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are happy to hear the we have met and exceeded your expectations each time you stay with us. WE look forward to seeing you again in the future.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North Scituate, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I tried to book a room in a block of reserved rooms at this hotel for 10 days. Every time I’ve called (401-789-1051) to make a reservation I have waited on hold from anywhere between 5 minutes to 30 minutes and have not gotten an answer. This block of rooms was reserved for a wedding I will be attending and this is where the guests will be staying. I tried to circumvent the problem by booking a room outside the block but this attempt failed as well due to the hotel not having any vacancy (I imagine because of the block of rooms we reserved). I also attempted to reserve a room by calling central reservation (866-307-2224). They could see our block but could not reserve a room in it; they attempted to contact the hotel twice and had the same issue with no one answering the phone. I finally made one last ditch effort today and to my surprise someone answered after 10 minutes of holding. I spoke with Doug [--] and politely expressed my concern with the hotel staffs lack of answering the telephones. I feel as though I should have tried to book my room before I did this because he seemed to get defensive and was completely unwilling to help. I had to explicitly ask him to look up the block reservation. He simply stated the reservation had expired and nonchalantly asked if I had looked anywhere else in the area. I explained that I had not due to the fact that most of the family including the wedding party was staying at this particular hotel. I then had to ask him to check for any other availability in that hotel (something I feel should have been done without having to ask). His response was “all booked up”; I’m sure that you do not train your staff to be so crass. If he had simply apologized and chosen his words more carefully I would not be writing this letter. I do not think it’s too much to ask to expect a response like “I’m sorry sir but the hotel is fully committed to other guests”, I don’t even work in hospitality and I know this. Annoyed at how rudely I was being treated I asked what his manager’s name was. He said “Doug”; I had to ask for Doug’s last name and he said “Doug [--]”. When I asked to speak to him he told me he was Doug [--] and that he was the manager. I was shocked. I have a hard time believing a manager would treat or talk to a customer the way he did and I am hoping he was lying or that “every employee is a manager” or something along those lines. I do not feel I was treated with respect and certainly not like a customer. I was already upset about the amount of time I had wasted on hold for the last few weeks but after this experience I will avoid staying at any of your hotels in the future. I think it’s sad that one bad employee can really disrupt something that is supposed to be fun and happy. I will be reserving a hotel nearby but this means I do not get to see my family as much as I would have had I been allowed to reserve a room in your hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Ryan M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I sincerely apologize for the lapse in service with regard to your reservation. We always aim to provide the best customer care and seamless reservation system and deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

Your experience is not reflective of the high standards we pride ourselves with. You comments are troubling, as such, these will certainly be looked into and updates will be made where possible. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tiverton RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were looking for a last minute stay after a local festival. All of the nearby hotels were booked when I checked online, but we stopped in and found that they did have a room available.
The hotel was nice enough, but, honestly, the beds were the most comfortable beds we have slept on in any of many hotels we've stayed in. The pool was really nice...and lucky for us they had one because it was during a heat wave. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good. Not a lot of amenities and the bathroom was small. We missed having a fridge in the room. I would stay there again because of the comfort of the beds, the location and the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sknri, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
The Staff and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to you staying again with us in the future.

Long Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Rear hall smells like smoke - gross! Sign is clearly posted outside - NO SMOKING, yet that's where the employees smoke - nice disregard for the rules - shows the guests you really care.

During the check-in process the desk clerk never told me there was a restaurant/bar or the hours.

Shower went from pleasant to ice cold in seconds - horrible time balancing the temp after that - too many rooms pulling on the same water source??

Bathroom is very small with a HUGE door.

Restaurant doesn't open until 7AM, which is a challenge for those of us traveling for work and have to be in the office at 8AM. No comp coffee in the lobby either - just the terrible stuff in the room. It's not like there are many options around here to grab a bite.

Decor is average Hilton - mismatched furniture. TV is on the same side as the sofa, which is inconvenient.

This was my second choice for hotels - only because my first choice just down the street was completely booked... wonder why?! This location will always be my second choice and only because it's part of the corporate approved hotel package, otherwise I'd not be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sknri, Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was. We take your comments and suggestions very serious. We certainly will check into the issues you have raised and be proactive in preventing issues from reoccurring. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Graz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We only stayed there for one night on our way back from Newport to New York and we were not very delighted by this hotel. Check in was not friendly at all, our room was spacious, but neither nicely decorated nor in a good shape - there were thick electrical wires just mounted across the wall and ceiling (guess they had to mount the fire alarm by this means). Internet did not work as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sknri, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn during the Memorial Day Weekend.
We wish the weather would have been sunny and hot but unfortunately the cold rain did cast a cloud over most weekend festivities.
We hope that when the sun is shining and the beaches (which are only a few minutes away) are in full swing, and you will be able to join us again.

Doug Brady
3 rivers, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here off season in the middle of March for a winter get away. The room was dated with a very small bathroom area. The room was clean, secure, and functional with a very good central location to the coastal areas and the college. The staff was pleasant and helpful with our need. It was a good place to spend the night and relax, but don't expect any extras.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the building have a view of the wood and locate close to your vehicle.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sknri, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are always glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we met your expectations. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy a summer stay / shopping with us.

Our central location is only minutes from the beaches of Narragansett and some of the area’s finest shopping and food.

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked through Priceline and had expected a bit of a better hotel based on the photos and rating. The exterior and lobby seemed to be renovated but our room was not...it was a very strange thing. The hotel had a old musty smell. It was clean enough. It's an ok hotel but don't have high expectations!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sknri, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
I am glad to hear that the hotel cleanliness and staff met your expectations. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and encountered no issues. We hope you are able to visit us in the summer months and take advantage of the beaches only minutes from our hotel.
Doug Brady

Been to Holiday Inn South Kingstown? Share your experiences!