“Tried to E-mail a manager...no e-mail address listed...next step..review” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Box Seats Restaurant - CLOSED

401-233-1800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations
MA
“Tried to E-mail a manager...no e-mail address listed...next step..review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am a fan of the Box seats facebook page...OMG...the Gluten free offerings are the best!!! I was so excited when I went to the Polar Express in Woonsocket to know that I could go to Box Seats and have a good Gluten Free meal....NOT...seems as though the Attlebobo place(is the only Box seats with this option)and has nothing to do with the Woonsocket or Smithfield restaurant..go figure....No gluten free options!! I absolutely understand and appreciate the restaurants that do not offer Gluten free items...and advetise that!! I do not appreciate the restaurants that advertise the gluten free products and then...while trying to order.... say...oh,not this restaurant or...oh, we just ran out!!! False advertisment is bad buisness. I tried to contact a manager by e-mail and NO e-mail address to contact anyone from Box seats...so, this is the next step. I have been going to Box Seats...Woonsocket since 1986...on and off. Now, with a gluten allergy ...I will be going else where.
Food was cold upon arrival. Waitresses we to busy talking about their personal issues rather then serving the 2 tables(@5:00pm on a Friday night). Oh, I remember having to wait for a table 15 years ago...what happened...so sad :(

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Box seats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

LOOOVE THiS PLACE!!!!!!!!! Too bad its hard to get to becasue of the bridge closing near it. .... food great, service great, and a fun places to watch sports with friends! :)

Providence, Rhode Island
“You've been warned...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and I went to Box Seats in Smithfield over a year ago. I never posted a review but then my sister went recently and told me what a horrible meal they had so I decided I had to post. My family of 5 got there a little on the later side (7:30 - 8pm ish) on a weeknight. We were seated at a comfortable booth and there were maybe 3 other parties in the restaurant and a few folks at the bar. We ordered our meals and the waitress invited us to have some soup at their self service soup station. The soup was water with a few vegetables. Not good. We ordered mozzarella sticks and when they were served (7 of them), they were still frozen inside. We alerted the waitress who took them away (one of them had been eaten). When she came back, she brought back 6 sticks (which I thought was odd) that were appropriately cooked. We were charged full price for these... Bizarre!!! Our meal was unremarkable, the service was ok and I have no reason ever to go back. There are too many good, quality restaurants in Smithfield to spend any time at this one.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Providence, RI
“Fun place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Good choices for lunch- great service. Love the sports theme.

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Not worth the trip.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Service was slow & food was overcooked. This has happened
@ both locations so I guess you'd say they're consistent.

Visited November 2011