“Completely "Over the Moon" Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Completely "Over the Moon" Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This pub/restaurant is a completely wonderful surprise.. cannot get enough of such a wonderful place. Stopped in for the first time on a whim... and would love return often, but distance, time and work prevent it. My second visit was even better than my first. Cannot wait to return again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huron, Ohio
“Go hungry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had passed this place and every day it was crowded so must be good. We were not disappointed!! I had the shaved Steak Sandwich with sweet potato fries. Asked our server if she had anything to dip my fries in and she suggested their signature brown sugar maple syrup. Wow delicious! My husband had the Cajun Chicken wrap and he said it was great. A lot of people go to the bar here and they had a singer live. So try and find a parking space because even though crowded we got seated right away. They have large portions and I could not eat it all. I am sure you will always have leftovers. Prices. Good for what you get! When we come back to this area we will go again but I won't eat lunch that day.

Visited September 2013
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Seafood is Great!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Love the food, everything we have tried is wonderful, the servers are very efficient and the atmosphere is nice weather you sit inside or outside.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Putnam, Connecticut
“Hit or Miss....Not Sure Why.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times and some have been better than others. I find that when one of the owners is working the floor, it is better than average. My review is from a night where she wasn't seen.
*Their flatbread pizzas are good, expecially the proscuitto and fig, however last night it was not crispy at all. My husbad orderd the ribeye steak sandwich and the fries that came with it were not crispy either, in fact, soggy. The worst part was that it cost $18!!! Not a good value. I would stick to a burger or a flatbread pizza here. The meatloaf is very good. I always order the Reuben Quesadillas, but last night they were also very visibly greasy.
*The drinks.....our suggestion...order a beer or wine if you do not like weak mixed drinks.
Drinks are on the pricey side.
*The wait staff is always pleasant and very well built...think Seinfeld episode...LOL!
*The restaurant is always busy, therefore kind of noisy......they do have an outdoor seating area adjacent the parking lot.
*They only take reservations for parties of 8 or more. No call ahead wait list which should be a courtesy for a restaurant like this.
*Sometimes they have live acoustic type music. There are flat screens everywhere if you want to watch the game.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Unique menu but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Blackie's. I loved the decor, casual but modern and upbeat. I was so excited reading the menu as it offered some very unique twists. I also loved the fried pickles (very good although a little pricey for the amount). Out waitress was very pleasant and made some recommendations. We went a little early for dinner so there were only a few other tables, given this I was surprised at the lengthy wait for our food. The place certainly filled up in the time we were there so perhaps the delay we experienced was due to the kitchen getting prepped for their anticipated dinner rush. The food arrived and looked appealing but the taste was disappointing and only so-so . We ordered the the turkey club (roll was greasy and the burger was on the bland side. My daughter order the chicken and parmesan- not at all what she expected . It was not good at all and actually tasted as if it had turned. We informed the staff and they were certainly apologetic and responsive. I will try the restaurant again but I do feel a little let down.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere