“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Boston, United States
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The hotel is far enough from the highway that it is very quite but close enough to be convenient. From the moment that I checked in the staff was extremely accommodating. My room was ready upon my arrival and the bathroom is well stocked with toiletries. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Debra F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello Kerri! Thanks so much for the nice review. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and try to make it very comfortable for you when you arrive. we hope you will return again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This place was great. I unexpectedly had to make a reservation on Christmas Eve for both me and my two dogs. I did not know that Hampton Inn's were dog-friendly. Making the reservation over the phone was very easy and I checked in not more than 2 hours later.

I got a 1st floor room, near an exit, with two queen beds. Being near an exit made it very easy to take my dogs in and out.

I really appreciate that there is no extra fee for having dogs in the room. Would definitely recommend and I'll be staying there with my dogs again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank so much for the awesome review! We love dogs and are glad to hear that you do too!
Please return with your fur family soon! Woof!
attleboro, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel's shuttle service allowed my boyfriend and I to enjoy a SAFE night out for my company christmas party at the casino. I am very pleased with this service as we do not like to drink and drive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the nice review! We are glad that you took advantage of our free shutttle and had a safe and fun time !
East Falmouth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My experience at this Hampton Inn was extremely positive.. The room was clean ,comfortable and attractive. The complimentary breakfast was a fantastic experience . Couldn't have been better. The staff were great

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Charlene,
So gald to hear the you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and our friendly staff! Please come back soon!
Tilton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We booked with a large sports program this program had over 100 players and families stayed at this location 945 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917 from December 6 to December 8, 2013. When we checked in we were told our room had been given to someone else, since we had 3 guess and another families had more and needed the 2 queen beds, they would upgrade us to a King with pull out sofa, we said no problem. When we got to the room it was right across from teh pool and all we heard was kids screaming adn hitting pool noodles on the water way past the 12pm closure time. The room was clean, there were plenty of towels etc. we did however notice that there was no additional pillows or blankets for the pullout. We tried to call to the lobby and this was when we notice the phone did not work. I went to the service deck to ask for the blankets and additional pillows and let them know the phone did not work this was at 8pm. At 11:00 we still had not recvd the blankets. We opened the pull out and it was broken and the bar in the middle was bent and extremely uncomfortable lo lay on. There room above us sounded like a herd of elephants having a dance party, they had a dog who barked for a half hour, so we figured they must have been playing catch and he was running back and forth in the room. We asked Saturday morning to be moved but they said they were sold out and could not accommodate our request. We contacted both Marriot and Holiday Inn Express both were sold out for the youth sporting event that weekend. We went back to the room and turned on the TV to see the TV had green squares on the digital portion so we tried other channels it was hit or miss, great now the TV was out as well, we again let the front desk know – they were going to send someone again no one ever showed up . Lastly I figured we could watch TV on my IPad, Hilton Honors has free Wi-Fi, we tried several times to logo on and could not at this point I was not asking the front desk for anything else that they would not supply. We went to the service desk between 6-6:30am Sunday morning to let them know we were checking out early and to let them know that the TV was broken, the phone did not work and the one additional pillow brought to us were taken to another room because of the sofa. The women at the desk a heavier set black women, she had no name tag and was wearing a red/pink blouse stated that we should have let the front desk know sooner about the issues. “they were not mind readers” When I said that we had let the front desk know on several occasions she stated “ well obviously not the right people or it would have been fixed.” I was totally stunned I have never been spoken to like that ever I was just being courteous and letting them know for the next guests. I was so mad traveling home by the lack of customer service and rudeness of the staff, my husband said we should let it go and never stay at a Hilton Hotel again but no I was that mad. I did something I have never in 30 years of booking hotels had to do - I called to speak to the GM. I left a message in a generic GM mail box and went back to the Front Desk and spoke to Leah., I asked for the GM’s name she stated it was George that he was a floater they do not have management until December. She asked if she could help I told her a brief overview and she said he would call me back GM don’t work weekends. Totally understandable George did call me back. I explain the issues of above and he was pleasant he asked me what he could do to help to be honest I wanted him to speak to the staff no one should be treated like that. I was satisfied that he was going to do that UNTIL he asked me for a description of the person I spoke to I told him she had no name tag, she was a heavy set black women. Then he asked me her height I said I was not sure maybe 5’7 or 5’8. This is when I was really infuriated he said well I am sorry to say we have no one that meets that description on my staff but I will speak to the night staff. Really!!! So I called the corp office about the 100% Hampton Guarantee®
Well I was not 100% satisfied and the Floating GM did not help to take my horrible experience and fix it, he made it worse. Unacceptable on all aspects, I really just wanted a sincere apology and a we will fix it for the next guests but that is not what I got. I understand he may not be happy about being at this location however this experience is why I will not stay at a Hampton Inn again. I am requesting a regional manager or someone in the corporate office contact me with a better resolution including a refund of both days to my credit card. What I was told it that the GM would have to contact me again. Round and round we go.

Room Tip: The staff could use some training, they are not very customer service friendly. Also the hotel is no...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a great stay at the Hampton Inn, locatrd in Smithfield, RI. The hotel staff did a wondeful job this past weekend getting all there guests checked and still maintained a courteous additude. We were staying there we all the parents and football players from the state of New Hampshire for the Football University playoff games. They played at Bryant University, which was about 3 miles away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the awesome review! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return!
Farmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We came here with high school students visiting Bryant University and a few other Rhode Island schools. This was a great place, easy to access, the pool was nice (although small), breakfast was good, and very convenient for getting to Bryant in the morning. We also got a discount for mentioning that we were visiting Bryant! Overall, really great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Debra F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the awesome review ! We hope you will return again soon !

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield? Share your experiences!