“loved everything but the pillows” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Smithfield
WEST CHESTER
“loved everything but the pillows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room was clean and well appointed . I go to many hotels for dog shows and found this one to be very welcoming and helpful. My only complaint is valid for this hotel and many others. The small pillows are awful. I wake up every time i turn over and my head rolls onto the bed.I wish hotels would offer a selection...I would pay extra for a decent pillow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hello again!

Thank you for posting here on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate your kind words about the room. I am very glad that our staff was welcoming and helpful to you during your stay here! We will be looking into the different kinds of pillows that are offered and will see if we can up grade in this area.

We hope to see you soon!

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my hotel of choice for business travel in the area. I prefer the Hampton Inn & Suites to the Courtyard by Marriott in Lincoln, RI. I have been pleasantly surprised by both my stays here and got exactly what expected plus a little more. Obviously not a luxury hotel but dependable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for posting the nice comments about our property here on TripAdvisor.com! I am very glad that we are your hotel of choice wen you have to visit our area!

We hope to see you soon.

Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel delivers excellent bang for the buck. Hampton Inns always provide excellent value for the cost with free Wifi, decent breakfast, and clean comfortable hotels. This particular location appears to be a brand new construction. While the view leaves something to be desired (it is next to some sort of a large gravel/dirt fill yard), the location and amenities make up for it.
I recently stayed there on a wedding room block. For $99 (or even the $149 best available rate for the dates I was there), you can't beat this place. We had a King bed suite which had a sofa bed and wet bar. The fridge in the room is a huge benefit for families.
My wife's family lives in the area, and I will definitely return to this hotel when I come up there next.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TridAdvisor.com. This is a great forum for travelers to post their honest opinions about the places they visit. We like to share all feedback with our associates.

I am very glad to see that you were Extremely Satisfied with your stay! We hope to see you in the future while visiting relatives!

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

If this location fits your needs, don't stay anywhere else. Every aspect of this place is 5 stars service, value, rooms breakfast and on. The only reason I give this hotel 4 stars, is my tv did not work properly all week, they tried to fix it, but it was a week they had transitioned to another cable company and couldn't do it. AND The view outside my window was a dirt pile and trailer truck. Again, not Hampton's fault but it effects my opinion. Pool was great, service right on. Breakfast every morning was Icing on the cake. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the entrance side if you dont want to look at a dirt pile.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on line at TripAdvisor.com. This is a great forum where we evaluate our hotel and product through our guests' perspective. I am very glad that you were happy with our service, breakfast, pool, etc. I do apologize about the TV issue. We are going through an HD upgrade and have been having minor interruptions in service to certain TVs. The good news is that they are all cleared up now, but I am sorry they affected your stay. I am also sorry about the view of our neighboring landscape company.

Thank you again for your stay and for your feedback! We hope to be of service to you again in the future!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here for a reunion with my niece. We couldn't have asked for any better place to stay. Excellent customer service,super clean hotel, wonderful breakfast,awesome indoor pool and very friendly atmosphere. Shannon bakes the best cookies every night. If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay, this is your hotel. My children love this hotel and say," the beds are like sleeping on a cloud ". We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had two rooms both with two queen size beds
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I am very glad that your experience was so memorable! It really helps when you recieve great overall comments. It is also great when specific associates get mentioned by name! We hope to see you soon.

If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for another half-Ironman event. Relatively new hotel, Lobby, entrance and hallways and rooms were spotless. Arrived early and was checked-in with no problem. Was able to check-out late even though they were scheduled to be in the high 90's occupancy on Sunday night.

The hotel was pretty much your typical Hampton Inn, breakfast buffet, small convenience food area, coffee and tea 24/7. Everything was just right about this place and the staff so friendly and accomodating. These people really treated me as their friend and not as "just a guest here". it just felt very comfortable. Would definantely go out of my way to stay here if in the area again.

Room Tip: This hotel is a little bit away from everything - but not really that far away. It is extremely qui...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I am very glad that your stay with us went very well! I am also glad that you felt our customer service was Excellent!

If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and had grandkids stay with us for 2. Great easy access, pleasant desk staff, indoor pool that the grandkids loved and plenty of options for breakfast. The rooms had plenty of space and the beds were comfortable. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor.com. This is a great forum to let everyone know how your stay went. I am very happy to read your comments. We always welcome feedback, both positive and negative. We are encouraged to get positive feedback.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

David Neishel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield? Share your experiences!