“Among the best restaurants in RI” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Rumford, Rhode Island
“Among the best restaurants in RI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have never been disappointed with this upscale American restaurant located in Rumford Center next to Seven Stars. It is sophisticated yet cozy. When you walk in, it feels like you're in a restaurant in Boston or Manhattan rather than Rumford. The chef is very creative with his seasonal menu and uses local produce/seafood. Since it is a small restaurant, I would recommend making reservations especially on the weekend. The salads, pizza, burgers and seafood are all excellent. The portions aren't huge, so order an appetizer, entree and dessert if you're hungry.

Visited January 2013

Portland, Maine
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had dinner with a RI friend, at her suggestion, at Avenue N in Rumford this week. I was so pleased. I very much liked the cozy, upscale-casual atmosphere. My No. 3 Cosmopolitan with St. Germain--of all things--was delicious. Best drink I've had in a long while. My salmon was perfect and my spouse's burger was excellent. The creme brulee was very eggy, which may sound weird but is meant as great praise. Our server, named Dana if I recall, was charming and never missed a beat. I'm so glad to have found this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Providence, RI
“Best casual dining in the Providence metro area?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've now visited Avenue N with and without my partner perhaps a dozen times, and it has been a consistently positive experience. As other reviewers have noted the food is fresh, creative, prompt, and delicious while just staying within the "comfort zone" that casual diners usually seek. Husband and wife owners seem to be on-premises almost all the time making sure things run smoothly. Service is friendly and accommodating, and the room is comfortable, albeit a bit too loud when busy. Sunday brunch is especially delicious! My only suggestion to the management is to offer one non-alcohol beer. Their excuse is "limited space" but I just know there's room for a six-pack of Clausthaler somewhere. One tip - seating is limited so you might consider visiting during "shoulder" hours...

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Riverside, RI
“Great Pizza, mussels, appetizers and Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I visited Avenue N after seeing a movie Saturday night. We arrived around 9:15pm. Upon entering we were immediately welcomed by Nick, the capital N in AveNue, stands for his name. He is very engaging, upbeat and accomodating. As an owner should be. He immediatley seated my mother and I to the left of the front door entrance. I recommend sitting here or outside (in front or rear of the restaurant), if you don't want to be bothered by the acoustics. It is a small but inviting establishment, located right next door to Seven Stars Bakery.

The meal was great, mussels for $9 overflowing and it came with plenty of toasted bread and dipping sauce; margarita pizza ($10) and a delicious burger with homemade fries. We each had a glass of wine and our water glasses were continously refilled.
Our waitress was very pleasant and accomodating. Can't wait to bring my girlfriends here.

Visited August 2012
Milton, Delaware
“Local and luscious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I visited Avenue N on a Sunday night with family celebrating my mother's 92nd birthday. I was immediately struck by the warm, friendly neighborhood atmosphere. Our party of 6 was quickly seated and served drinks from a great selection of cocktails, craft beers and wines. We shared appetizers of calamari, mussels prepared with chourico and beans and bacon-wrapped scallops. All were delicious! Four of us had the scallop entree with baby sweet potatoes and sweet and sour cabbage; one had the salmon and our vegetarian had mushroom ravioli. Everyone was very pleased with their selection. At this point, we HAD to see the desserts. We ordered the chocolate torte, creme brule, donuts with a custard dipping sauce and cream filled churros. They were all fabulous.
Avenue N prides itself on fresh, local foods. Our wonderful waitress, Jessica, told us they don't even have a freezer. The menu is fairly short but offers something for everyone. The turnip bisque was intriguing, but I'll save that for another visit. Although a little off the beaten path, if you are in the Providence area, it is definitely worth the trip.

• Visited March 2012