“Our Perfect Getaway!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast

Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast
You added Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
465 Union Street, Portsmouth, RI 02871   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Peru, Vermont
“Our Perfect Getaway!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

My husband and I decided to head to Newport as a last minute getaway and thought about staying downtown. Boy am I glad that none of the Inns downtown had any rooms because our find at the Shamrock Farm Inn was a wonderful surprise. The place is beautiful and very well maintained. It was really nice to be outside the hustle and bustle of downtown Newport but only a short drive if you wanted to be downtown. The innkeepers are wonderful (William and his daughter). The gardens are spectacular and worth taking many photos. We were so impressed by the restoration of the Barn (inn) and no detail was forgotten. The rooms are very comfortable and the a/c came in handy as this weekend was very hot. The fresh muffins in the morning followed by fruit and a hearty breakfast was all one needed to keep you going for hours. We would highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for some peace and quiet close to Newport. If you are a road biker and love taking in some scenery there is a nice 30 mile loop in Tiverton/Little Compton which is worth doing.

• Stayed July 2006

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

My husband and I stay at Shamrock Farm over Valentine's Day and it was absolutely perfect. Outside: The inn is in the country so there is much land and the owner obviously is into the landscaping. I bet is it beautiful here in the summer. The is Koi pond off the terrace that was just lovely. Inside: Huge entry hall/foyer. The building was a barn of somekind in it's previous life and now the interior is very open and spacious. We had a scrumptious breakfast in the morning in the cafe area. Our room: The Spencer Dugan room -- so very, very nice. Incredibly comfortable bed, room was very large, great bathroom and very, very well kept. My husband and I have been together forever and this was the perfect place for us to get away from the hecticness of our lives and just enjoy each other. Highly recommend this inn - will go back in the summertime.

Stayed February 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2005

The Shamrock Farm was wonderful - we were there last October, and having just found TripAdvisor, I wanted to take the opportunity to share. The inn's manager was wonderul. She arranged a late arrival for us, leaving a nice welcoming note, and was very helpful with pointing out area activities. Our room was beautiful and it was nice to be a little bit "out" of Newport. We couldn't have asked for anything better and have yet to find it in subsequent inns we have stayed in. When we head that way again we won't do it without a reservation at the Shamrock!!

• Stayed October 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2005

We had an amazing four-day stay here!

The converted barn that houses the B&B is really cool. Our room was large, immaculately clean, very comfortable and even had a wonderful Jacuzzi bathtub. The grounds are stunning. My favorite spot is the koi pond. I don't think the website pictures do this place justice -- it's absolutely beautiful, inside and out.

Breakfast is top-notch and the proprietor Billy is very friendly and helpful.

I can't imagine a better place to stay in the Newport area. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

My fiance and I work alot and have very little time together. The weekend that we planned to get away was the only weekend off together for the next 6 months. We were very excited to spend some time down in the Newport area. After an extensive search I found the inn on the web and was very pleased with how it looked and its proximity to Newport. I reserved a room via the website and received a email saying that they had received the reservation and would send a confirmatory email soon. The next day I had not yet received an email and I emailed them checking that everything was okay. It was not until later that day that I received an email from them saying that they had given away the roon I had reserved as I had accidently booked the room for 1 night and they wanted people who would stay 2 nights. I emailed back ASAP and explained that I was desperate to get a room as everything else in the area was booked out. They were in no way helpful and when my fiance did call they did not seem to care about our plight and had given our room to another couple. I am appauled with their lack of communication as in the original reservation I had provided my email address and phone number. A simple call to say that they would prefer us to book 2 nights would have been greatly appreciated as we would have done so promptly. Do no expect the Shamrock Inn to be up-front and ensure that you get what you ask for. Calling them directly may be better than using the website.

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

My husband and I just spent 3 beautiful days touring the Newport and surrounding areas. This was a delayed honeymoon and we had our hopes set on a special romantic hideaway. The Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast doesn't disappoint! Billy, the innkeeper, has done a fantastic job of remodeling a barn and turing it into a quaint 6 room Inn. The suites are spacious and decorated to reflect the irish heritage that is evident through out the Inn.
Billy and his daughter Kirby are warm, welcoming and gracious hosts. The fact that the inn is about 10 minutes north of Newport is a plus. It forces you to see more of the area and get out and explore! Which we did with a side trip to Providence and a visit to the Newport Vinyards.
We will be back again and would recommend this gem to anyone looking for special time with their "love".

• Stayed May 2005
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2005

We stayed at the Shamrock Farm Inn on Feb.12, 2005. We don't live far away but needed a getaway. We were very pleased with our stay. The staff was friendly and informative. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. The breakfast was wonderful. You are only a 10 minute drive from downtown Newport. To sum up our feelings..... Quiet.... Quaint and Quite The Place!!!!! We hope to be back soon for another stay.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!