“This is what a diner should be . . . EAT HERE!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Tucson, Arizona
“This is what a diner should be . . . EAT HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

EAT HERE!

Daughter and son-in-law brought us here when we visited Rhode Island for the weekend. Classic diner! Giant menu! Large portions! Good prices! Great food! We ate breakfast in the funky original old diner section. I wouldn't have it any other way. Loved it!

My wife, who is not a big eater, ordered an omelet with home fries. She ate the entire serving that filled a platter. She said it "was to die for." Busy place. We had about a five minute wait to be seated on a Sunday morning. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts, and a couple even brought home the left overs. Next time we visit, we are definitely going back, even if it is a half hour away from where we stay.

EAT HERE!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States
“Amazing breakfast place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Get breakfast when you want it, morning to late afternoon.
Awesome selections and everyone is fantastic.

Visited March 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Cozy, solid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Tasty food in a neighborhood setting. See if you can get seated in the front part--the very old diner. Don't look for high-end service or decor here, but clean, homey, friendly--and actually kind of innovative food.

Visited November 2012
Worcester, Ma
“Great breakfast all the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I found this Diner by accident while out riding our motorcycle. We are in our 50's and the kids are out on their own now so we have time to explore and we are so glad we found this Diner. We have now been here 6 times and it's always great. You have the ambience of a restored train car and you can smell the food from the parking lot. If you have the need to be treated like a princess then this is not the place for you. Just straightforward, hard working, nice people. The coffee is not fancy but is piping hot and they keep it coming. I suggest ordering from the "specials" wall. When you walk in the door they have all their specials posted on the wall. They always have a large variety from all different types of pancakes, crepes, eggs, french toast, etc. The corned beef hash has no potatoes in it and is delicious. They have sweet dishes, savory, and also spicy dishes. I order something different every time and am never dis-appointed. Great tasting food first and foremost, but also fresh and hot, and generous portions. And I always get the hash. If the line is out the door, and it usually is, don't worry they move you in and out nicely. Just read the specials while waiting and be ready to order

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We love this place! Made a special trip to go there. When I was a child my Mother took me here on Saturday afternoons when it was in the old location. I just had to see it again and remember.
We had the meatloaf. I would highly recomend it. Reviews I have read say the breakfast is the best but we really enjoyed the meatloaf. The place looks great. Felt like we went back in time. We got to talk with the manager who was very excited about the place and helped me fill in the blanks about things I didn't remember. Will make sure we come back again next time in RI

• Visited September 2012