“Nice Restaurant but hard to find from outside with no signage, food was decent, and fairly nice inside!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosinha

Ranked #50 of 144 restaurants in Pawtucket
Cuisines: Portuguese
Warren, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Went to Rosinha's on 12/21/2011 with my parents and girl friend as a gift to my parents for Xmas. I used a groupon 35 for 80, and It was a great deal!

We walked into the Factory entrance after finally seeing the 999 Main St sign over the door. We walk in and after another set of doors we see a small sign mentioning Rosinha's restaurant and enter. Its an old factory space but is nicely decorated, although my parents (Who are from Portugal) weren't crazy about the unpainted brick walls that were half red and half white from decades past. The first few feet were painted beige and the rest was old and a bit ugly, although some what rustic.
So we walk in and are greeted by a nice guy, although at the other end of the restaurant is a mini day care, as there were upto 3 kids running around and screaming loudly. After around fifteen minutes they seemingly dissapeared, Its a bit dissappointing to see that and luckily it ended. We arrived around five and were the only customers till about 5:45, and by time we left around seven, there were three other tables, so overall it was slow, although it was a Wednesday evening.
We sat at a table that seemed a bit to big as we all shared a Calamari App and had to stretch to share it. Also made passing other stuff very difficult.
The atmoshphere was nice, although a bit on the dark side making menu reading difficult, and they left the one of the garish main entrance doors open, so my parents continuously would complain of a draft on their legs and back. The space is large and very under heated, as it was probably around 63 in the restaurant.
We had calamari for an app like I said, which came with a sauce that had hot sauce in it among other ingredients. I liked it as well as my mom, but my Dad and g/f didn't like sauce and my g/f said Calamari was a bit to chewy, I thought it was fairly decent, although could have been better and other restaurants give a bigger portion typically for same price.

So onto the entrees, which did take upto an hour to arrive after we arrived there, although it was clearly prepared fresh, it should have been a bit quicker as we were the ONLY TABLE When we ordered.

And their menu on their website has VERY DIFFERENT dessert prices than actual restaurant, upto $2 difference!

Entrees:
I got the Paella which consists of:
Paelha - Paella ----------------------------------------------------------- $22.95
Lobster, shrimp, mussels, littlenecks, squid, crab meat, fish, pork,
chouriço, peas & carrots blended w/saffron rice
Thats right from the menu on their web site. While the dish was good, it was missing pork, fish, chorico, What MY dish came with was Lobster (one claw, small piece of tail w/ meat, and then a small piece of CARCASS which had the small legs and piece of shell with NO LOBSTER MEAT AT ALL, it was actually a bit gross and looked like they threw in a random piece of a discarded lobster carcass), There was also Calamari in it, FAKE crab meat substitute plastic crap, it tasted okay but not real crab @ all! There was also littlenecks and Shrimp which were good. Overall it was good, but was not closed to what was advertised, but I didn't say anything to waiter. I liked the rice but my g/f tasted a shrimp and spit it out immedietly afterwards because she didn't like the taste. Maybe due to saffron rice??

She got the Bife de Rosinha which was a sirloin steak that was really tender and served with a really good sauce with fried egg on top, portuguese potato slices and rice. Her dish was excpeptional but she ordered medium and it was mostly well done with very few spots w/ slight pinkness.

My dad got the stuffed jumbo shrimp which he enjoyed,

My mom got the tuna and shrimp plate, she was dissapointed that it came with only 3 small shrimps on top, and the tuna was a tuna steak of a cheaper variety and she said it was okay, but tuna i bought at a local store and grilled recently was WAY better and of course cheaper! She wished she ordered something different.

Overall I will come back because I have another groupon for my girlfriend and i, but with out it, i would not return as the food is a bit expensive and is good, but not great. I also don't like being cold when I eat, and the reviews made the interior sound much nicer than i found it to be. It was nicely decorated and everything, but It wasn't spectacular, and NO XMAS TREE? ! Please add a sign outside too!

Thanks for reading!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Providence, Rhode Island
“Awesome paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

this restaurant is hidden away in an old factory that has been converted to an artist "village" with galleries, jazz club, etc. The food is portuguese and done beautifully. The paella for two was more than enough for three of us and delicious.

• Visited November 2011