“Okay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pawtucket
Boston, Massachusetts
“Okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and each experience is more lack luster than the last. My first stay was back in June and I was greeted by a lovely woman at the reception desk. She was polite, asked what I was in the area for, and recommended places for me to check out during my visit. The room was clean and my requests were honored. The last time that I stayed at this hotel was back in September.. a gentleman who seemed more busy with the telephone for a personal call was the one who checked me in. I asked him to please accommodate my request to be away from the elevator and he assured me that was no problem. He didn't direct me as to where the room was located (which had I been a first time customer would have been a problem,) and then, when I got to the room, I realized he put me in the closest room possible to the elevator.

I went back to the reception desk and requested to be moved. The new room was fine aside from the hair that was all over the floor, tub, and sink. Long, black hair. I'm blonde so it obviously was not mine from entering the bathroom. When I asked if he had anyone that would be able to go upstairs he said in 20 minutes he could go. Since I needed to leave to make it to an event I told him that when I returned I would ask again. When I got back I was handed WINDEX (yes, windex to clean hair/sanitize..) and a rag. Their housekeeping staff should have been more careful and I certainly should not have been expected to clean that myself.

I will not be back in the future as they cannot execute proper customer care. Also, there was roadwork on the highway occuring overnight that NOBODY mentioned to me so I was startled awake at 3AM. I understand that they are not responsible for that, but if a hotel knows of such a thing occuring so close to them it is only right that they warn guests. I would've cancelled and stayed further from the highway had I known.

Room Tip: They have a smoking floor that is not closed off well so if you are a non-smoker I would recommend a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

So we do our trip with triple a, the hotel decides to add a bunch of fees and deposite. We get to our room, and of course we don't get a laugage cart. The internet doesn't work, and the people at the front desk act like a bunch of idiots. Don't stay at this hotel. I would of rather stayed at motel for crackheads then a useless motel. Screw this place, remember to check your deposite money when you leave, it could be counterfeit like ours, and they won't do anything about it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We had to book a night in Pawtucket and I couldn't have made a better choice. We arrived really late but the checking was quick and easy. Ample parking was available. Only disappointment was a smell of cigarette smoke in a non smoking room. In my opinion the whole hotel should be non smoking. Besides that the beds were comfortable and room was clean. Upond check out I was surprised that the b included breakfast area was clean and the food was tasty. Included waffles scrambled eggs and toast. Pastries and muffins. Juices, tea and coffee. Hard boiled eggs and yogurt. I have to say our stay was nice. Fyi they are doing construction on the street in from of the hotel. We didn't hand out too much at the hotel so it wasn't an issue.

new york city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Upon arrival (at 12-1am) we were greeted warmly by a man in reception who gave us instructions on how to get to the rooms, the time and location of our complimentary breakfast and when out check out time would be. The lobby was cozy and nice and we had access to a bar/restaurant. We reserved a renovated non smoking room on the 3rd floor. Upon entering the room we unfortunately could smell a hint of cigarette smoke but it wasn't bothersome through out our stay. The room was clean and as instructed during our reservation they provided a pack n play for our almost 2 year old toddler (which I admitt could have been bigger a crib would have been better). The continental breakfast was great; they had scramble eggs, sausage links, a waffle maker that made really good waffles and the batter came with a choice of two flavors, assorted muffins and danishes, toast, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice, etc... The hotel also had an indoor pool which seemed well maintened although we didn't use it. Overall I would definetly stay here again from the reception staff (the lady who checked us out was also very personable) to the staff providing breakfast, they were all very pleasant. The comfort Inn isn't a 4 star hotel and some things are outdated but it was clean comfortable, having attentive staff and with the added complimentary parking and delicious breakfast, this hotel is a great value.

new york city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Westchester, N.Y.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Good value for the money. Clean, comfortable, helpful staff, convenient location. We stayed for a week-end while attending an event at Bryant University. Nice breakfast options, including scrambled eggs(fresh), rolls, bagels, muffins and fresh fruit. Great coffee, too!
It's basic accommodations but well worth the price.

Stayed October 2012
Kearny, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked this hotel at the last minute and it was the only hotel in the area with a decent rate. I wasn't looking forward to it because of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast, and it was your typical Comfort Inn. What I mean by that is they aren't the most glamorous hotels in the world but if you need a clean bed and room at a good price they have never let me down. It was a little out of the way of things but it saved me a lot of money for that weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!