“HARD TO FIND; NOT A LOT OF PARKING SPOTS; WORTH THE EFFORT” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Cape Cod, MA
“HARD TO FIND; NOT A LOT OF PARKING SPOTS; WORTH THE EFFORT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

After a facial at nearby Ch'i Spa, we used our Groupon coupon for $25 to try this hamburg joint/sports bar. It was quiet in the late afternoon but Tom, the engaging waiter, made us feel right at home. We started off with a cocktail and the Onion Rings ($6.99) which were excellent, came out steaming hot and lip-smacking good. Then I had the Rare Burger ($9.99), with smoked bacon, a fried egg, lettuce, tomato and 8 ounces of Angus beef. It was served with FRESH French fries, which were russet color and delicious. The quality of the meat was excellent and the hamburg was one of the best I've had. My partner had a "build your own" burger with caramelized red onions, Swiss cheese, smoked bacon, horseradish sauce, lettuce and tomato. For about $10 we had a hand-made and cooked to order burger which was exceptionally good (compare that to two Burger King Whoppers for the same price, which clearly are off a production line). We greatly enjoyed our late lunch, the burgers and fries were delicious ... I only wish now we'd ordered the Nachos ... a couple at a neighboring table was swooning over them. Cannot wait to go back ... Tom was a friendly and welcoming as can be which really made us feel like part of the family and encouraged us to come back and tell our friends (WE WILL!)

A GREAT find a few miles from downtown Providence and well worth the trip!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Providence, RI
“Very Good for Ecletic Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This restaurant is a little small only seating 36'ish people at the tables. It does have a bar where you can sit and eat as well. We arrived at 8:30 on a Saturday night and had to wait about 10 minutes to get a seat. Once seated we were promptly waited on and the drinks and food flowed without a hitch. Although we had good service, a table behind us was very upset at their service and left mad as from what I can tell, there were two tables in their party where one of them was served and the other table just got served when the first table was finished eating.

For the most part, they had a only the normal run of the mill beers in bottles and on tap like Budweiser, Coors, etc although I was able to have a Harpoon Winter Warmer.

The total for two people with a beer a piece was $28. I ordered a stuffed burger with blue cheese and bacon. it was very large and stacked high. My french fries were not as crisp as I would have liked and a little too oily for me. My g.f.'s sweet potato fries were very good.

The menu is brief but carries a good selection of food and there were some interesting specials as well.

I will return in the near future.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island
“LOVED the quality of the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The staff was friendly, the food was fresh and had great portions. I absolutely loved the burger I got. I ordered a turkey burger with hot sauce, blue cheese, bacon, lettuce, and tomato with their homemade fries.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
providenc
“The burger are 8oz, fresh and priced at $7.99.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

Rare burger bar is a custom build your own burger. You can select your own bread, meat, temp, sauces, toppings and fries. I recommend the rare house burger or the tx burger served with huge onion rings. The specials are awesome ask for the wings or nachos. This is a must eat. Check it out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere