“A bit pricey” 4 of 5 stars

642 Boston Neck Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852   |
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

On route 1A near to Bonnet Shores, RI. An impressive hotel from the outside. Its ok on the inside. Nothing special really. The hotel was quite specific regarding our cycle storage.. It does have shops nearby. There was no breakfast, and for me & my son, just for one night, I paid $100.57, hence the title. Nearby Wickford is well worth a visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wappingers Falls, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I were invited to a wedding and this is where the wedding party was staying. I'm not a fan of dated hotel rooms anyway. The inn's exterior is fine, a bit old-fashioned, but kept with the buildings of the area. Stepping inside the room was like stepping into a prior decade. Dated is the best way to describe the furnishings and that God-awful bathroom decor. As another review stated, the tile was 50s pink and the fixtures looked old. I don't want to sound all bad; the room was clean and functional. I likely would not stay there again, but I've had worse.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Schenectady
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The bathroom was a 50's pink with numerous cracked tiles and mildew. The hot water did not flow out of the faucet so it was nearly impossible to adjust the water temp for a shower and a bath was out of the question. There was a good size blood stain on the underside of the comforter. The room was apparently in the older section as it did not live up to the pictures on-line. Since we did not complain at the time we discovered this at night, the management did not respond to our complaints.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed two nights. First in a king bed ground floor OK room with a small bathroom. Second in a twin queen bed room upstairs which was very good. Motel is attractive and seems well run. Both room s had windows at the rear as well as the usual front window which is nice. Adjacent breakfast restaurant is as expected and was fine. A relative stayed in a single room which was large but she did not like it. We did not see her room. Overall very good value.

Room Tip: Twin bed rooms are more expensive but are much better.
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights at the Hamilton Village Inn and felt it was a very good value. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was perfect and we enjoyed exploring Wickford with its many shops and restaurants. We will happily return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hamilton Village Inn with my husband & some other family members, and we were all less than pleased with our stay. First, when we went to our room upon arriving, our door was ajar. It must have been open in an effort to air it out as it smelled horrendously musty, damp, and mildewy. I thought about requesting a new room, however, after hearing that some of my relatives had made smaller requests (like for an extra towel) and gotten no assistance, I figured it would get me nowhere. The room was so damp that our shoes were even damp when we woke up the next day, and the cushions on the chairs were always damp. The second issue was the bathroom. The shower had mold throughout the tile and caulking. The floor was littered with a previous guests' hair, and the towels were thin, smelly, and stained. Finally, the bedding was also an issue. While the mattress was quite comfortable, the wool blanket had hair all over it, and the comforter had multiple stains including one that was crusty and brown (glad I didn't see this until we were packing to leave). The pillows had a smell about them as well, but I attribute this to the mildew and dampness in the room. I visited several other rooms, none of which smelled like ours. For the price I paid, I would expect a lot more for the money, or at least a room that didn't smell bad. Thankfully we were not in the room a lot, and I am glad we had already decided before arriving that we would spend one less night there than originally planned. I would certainly not stay here again if I ever am in the area, and I would not recommend the Inn to anyone.

mdi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We really enjoyed our short stay here. We were on the second floor and had a huge room that was very clean. The hotel is close to town and the office staff were very nice and helpful. Check in was quick and efficient. I was very happy to get such a nice room for a VERY reasonable price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hamilton Village Inn? Share your experiences!