“terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7825 Post Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in North Kingstown
“terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

filthy, smelly, expensive, terribly dirty! I found every possible disgusting thing under the bed. do not go there!!!
I think this kind of place should be closed, it is responsibility of the department of health. I think it is dangerous to spend a night in those rooms. I am sorry for the owner that seems a little lost over there, but somebody should take action and shut it down. now.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Smelly and not so clean and the water was either frozen or boiled. The staff was nice but for a 90! dollars a night it was horrible. We stayed there only because it was a holiday and too late at night , overall not recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Warning - Stay in the motel at your own risk, the worst hotel/motel I have encountered in my entire life. To start with I went to the hotel with my wife to enjoy the memorial day weekend. We booked the hotel since our trip was planned in the last moment and we didn't get accommodation anywhere else in the area. The hotel manager could barely understand what we were saying and we could barely understand his words. He charged the full amount (with taxes) upfront. The house service was pathetic, the guy couldn't understand any language and didn't know how and what to clean. There's a mildew smell in the room, the showers didn't work as expected, curtains and furniture seemed to be from the pre-historic era, no hot water in the shower, the towels were smelly, bath tub wasn't clean. I will never ever to go to the same motel again even if they provide me with free accommodation. Guys save your money and valuable time and keep away from this hotel. I would give a negative -100 rating to this motel if one such exits. The hotel license should be revoked and the motel manager and staff should be arrested to expose us to such unhygienic conditions.

Room Tip: Nothing good about the motel, please stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is definitely not a place for a couple especially with children. No one should be exposed to such an unsanitary and unsafe environment. The rooms smell like cigarettes and mildew. The bath tub was filthy. One cannot communicate with the hotel representatives because there is a language barrier. I encountered weird characters sitting outside one of the rooms and another young lady that made my family and I feel extremely uncomfortable. There is a bar around the corner.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nicholson, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010 via mobile

A last minute decision to extend our time in RI left us without lodging options. Everything else in the area was booked except this place. I now understand why and I regret not reading the other reviews prior to reserving over the phone. The room had a strong odor, the surroundings and interior are run down and the price inflated. (We paid less for a night's stay at a historic B&B in center city Philadelphia). To top it off I awoke at 2 a.m. to a concentration of arthropods in the bedding. We got out of there as fast as possible. Where is the Department of Health?

• Stayed August 2010
Englewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Came to the area for the Providence 70.3 Half Iron Man hat started in Galilee. Whatever your need DO NOT STAY Here! We had little choice as all rooms in the area are booked well in advance for the summer weekends at the beach. The managers know this and charge as if they are a spanking new Holiday Inn. I asked to see the room. The outside premises is a wreck. No one seems to give a damn. I inspected the beds for bed bugs. At least the room was clean although furniture is well worn circa 1950. The owners/managers have made little investment in updating the rooms/premises. I REALLY WONDER IF THIS MOTEL IS PART OF THE BUDGET INN FRANCHISE. If it is then the franchise should be canceled. Is there a competent state government agency that inspects hotels/motels in Rhode Island? This motel is a classic rathole.

• Stayed July 2010
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

I knew we were in trouble when I saw a bar located right next to this place. Warning this inn keeper would be better of sticking to 7-11's. A real joke. When we asked to see the room he told us to leave. He did me a favor and saved me at least $130.00 dollar, I can only imagine what addtional charges he would have came up with. I was content with sleeping in the car.

Next time I will stick with the reviews and not hope to find a silk purse made for a pigs ear.

Stayed July 2008

Been to Budget Inn North Kingstown? Share your experiences!