“Wastage of money and time -- a perfect Spoiler - terrible, terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn North Kingstown

Save Saved
You added Budget Inn North Kingstown to your Saves list
Budget Inn North Kingstown
Budget Inn North Kingstown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7825 Post Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in North Kingstown
Seattle, Washington
“Wastage of money and time -- a perfect Spoiler - terrible, terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Warning - Stay in the motel at your own risk, the worst hotel/motel I have encountered in my entire life. To start with I went to the hotel with my wife to enjoy the memorial day weekend. We booked the hotel since our trip was planned in the last moment and we didn't get accommodation anywhere else in the area. The hotel manager could barely understand what we were saying and we could barely understand his words. He charged the full amount (with taxes) upfront. The house service was pathetic, the guy couldn't understand any language and didn't know how and what to clean. There's a mildew smell in the room, the showers didn't work as expected, curtains and furniture seemed to be from the pre-historic era, no hot water in the shower, the towels were smelly, bath tub wasn't clean. I will never ever to go to the same motel again even if they provide me with free accommodation. Guys save your money and valuable time and keep away from this hotel. I would give a negative -100 rating to this motel if one such exits. The hotel license should be revoked and the motel manager and staff should be arrested to expose us to such unhygienic conditions.

Room Tip: Nothing good about the motel, please stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Newport, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is definitely not a place for a couple especially with children. No one should be exposed to such an unsanitary and unsafe environment. The rooms smell like cigarettes and mildew. The bath tub was filthy. One cannot communicate with the hotel representatives because there is a language barrier. I encountered weird characters sitting outside one of the rooms and another young lady that made my family and I feel extremely uncomfortable. There is a bar around the corner.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nicholson, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010 via mobile

A last minute decision to extend our time in RI left us without lodging options. Everything else in the area was booked except this place. I now understand why and I regret not reading the other reviews prior to reserving over the phone. The room had a strong odor, the surroundings and interior are run down and the price inflated. (We paid less for a night's stay at a historic B&B in center city Philadelphia). To top it off I awoke at 2 a.m. to a concentration of arthropods in the bedding. We got out of there as fast as possible. Where is the Department of Health?

• Stayed August 2010
Englewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Came to the area for the Providence 70.3 Half Iron Man hat started in Galilee. Whatever your need DO NOT STAY Here! We had little choice as all rooms in the area are booked well in advance for the summer weekends at the beach. The managers know this and charge as if they are a spanking new Holiday Inn. I asked to see the room. The outside premises is a wreck. No one seems to give a damn. I inspected the beds for bed bugs. At least the room was clean although furniture is well worn circa 1950. The owners/managers have made little investment in updating the rooms/premises. I REALLY WONDER IF THIS MOTEL IS PART OF THE BUDGET INN FRANCHISE. If it is then the franchise should be canceled. Is there a competent state government agency that inspects hotels/motels in Rhode Island? This motel is a classic rathole.

• Stayed July 2010
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

I knew we were in trouble when I saw a bar located right next to this place. Warning this inn keeper would be better of sticking to 7-11's. A real joke. When we asked to see the room he told us to leave. He did me a favor and saved me at least $130.00 dollar, I can only imagine what addtional charges he would have came up with. I was content with sleeping in the car.

Next time I will stick with the reviews and not hope to find a silk purse made for a pigs ear.

Stayed July 2008
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

Well, on Expedia.com, there are no reviews.. If there were, I would have saved my $135 and slept in my car. The reservation said we were to have 2 king beds.. Nope, we did not get 2 king beds. The TV stand was covered in mold because the place was very musty. The mirror on the bureau was blocked by the refirgerator sitting on the bureau so I moved it over only to find that under it was NASTY, someone had spilled sugar and coffee there a very long time ago because it was gross and sticky and covered in dust bunnies. There were some bonus cheerios that someone had spilled on the tv stand and not bothered to clean up. Oh yah, there were pretzels on the floor next to the bedside table... so we obviously do not clean the floorsn. You can see on the wall where someone had thrown some liquid (coffee or something) and it had run down the wall and never been cleaned. This place was absolutely nasty. The smell was gross, it was a mildew fest so I had the worst time sleeping because I am asthmatic. Oh, here is the kicker.... When you look at the pictures of the hotel.... Most of them are NOT this hotel... I am not sure where the nice one in the picture is but it is NOT in North Kingstown Rhode Island. The bar next door is really loud if you are trying to actually sleep. Just think twice before you book here, you have been warned. I was actually waitig for Ashton Kutcher to come out and tell me I have been punk'd..

• Liked — seeing it in the rearview mirror
  • Disliked — the smell and the mold
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tamaqua,pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

I recently booked a room at Budget Inn-N. Kingstown NR through hotels.com and was advsd that the reservation was through a seperate web site. The above metioned motel that I was book in well where shall I begin. I arrived at the motel and the man that was behind the counter had no idea about a reservation for this hotel, he barely spoke english just shook his head. So my opinion what is the sense of booking or reserving a room if the motel/hotel has no idea who you are or what you are talking about. Honestly as soon as I gave the man my credit card which was supposedly already charged as i reserved the room on line or so I thought, if I had known that I would not have been charged a cancelation fee as was posted on the website I would have driven to the Holiday Inn up the road and paid the extra money to be comfortable. When entering the room, there was no heat in the room and instantly noticed that there were shims placed inbetween the wall and the floor. Upon returning to my vehicle to bring my belongings into the room that my mother, my daughter, and I were staying in when turning around to leave the room the man at the counter was standing behind us, just standing there, it made us feel like we were staying at the Bates Motel from Phsyco. I must say it was very uncomfortable. He came into the room to turn the TV on and the heat. After unloading out belongings into the room we noticed that there was paint all over the wallpaper in the room itself, the bathroom floor around that toilet well that is another story, you would sink into the floor losing your balance just to use the toilet, never mind the tank hitting the wall when you stood up. The shower well, there was no hot water and the water was rusty, so there was no taking a shower to even relax from the 7 hour trip. The wash clothes that were in the bathroom were full of rust stains, we were suppose to wash with those and shower with the rusty water for a court hearing on Friday. The beds, now that is something else to talk about, honestly from the smell in the room I was looking under the beds for something that wasn;t so fresh, when laying on the beds it was like the bed incased you and not in a good way either. To say the least all 3 of us slept in all of our clothes and thankfully had brought extra blankets as we were not about to climb under the sheets. I atleast would have rather been cold all night.Absolutley unacceptable. Out of all of the hotels/motels I have stayed in over the years this was the worst by far. As I mentioned before if I had known what i found out this evening when I called to voice my complaint that my credit card had not been charged I would have ran for it.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn North Kingstown? Share your experiences!