“A Memorably Satisfying Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“A Memorably Satisfying Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hubby and I found this place while enjoying a long weekend away from our home in NYC metro area and were pleasantly surprised. Decor is imaginative and tastefully spare, Mexican music plays in the background and the whole place is CLEAN (my chief requirement of restaurants). We were seated immediately during the height of dinner hour; friendly, attentive staff; drink and food orders taken efficiently and dinners arrived within a reasonable amount of time. In the meantime, I lost myself in the enchanting floor-to-ceiling wall painting of a Mexican coastal scene...Beer nice and cold, and Margarita was superb. I skipped the usual Mexican restaurant classics and tried Steak Tapatio -- deliciously exceeded my expectations! My husband was happy with his trio of enchiladas. I'm not a fan of spicy foods but there are plenty of non-spicy choices here. We'll remember this place for future visits to South County.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saunderstown, Rhode Island
“Missing the mark here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited here with the family and the menu was not kid friendly. The mexican food was just not what I would have expected. The only one who was happy was the person that ordered a Quisadilla. The portions were HUGE, so that was nice and the price was decent, but we did not return.

Saunderstown, Rhode Island
“Fresh and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

All the food tastes fresh. Even if you don't like "mexican" food, you can find something to enjoy. Not every dish is spicy!

Visited August 2012
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Always Good/Consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting this restaurant for quite some time (We are NK residents) and I can not believe how consistently good they are. Service is great, they seem to work well as a team. The food is always fresh-fresh-fresh. we have tried half the menu and havn't had a bad experience yet. The margarita's are tasty as well. A great value and great atmoshpere.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Good food, good prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

There aren't too many good Mexican restaurants in Rhode Island ( compared to Southern CA!), but this is one! We enjoyed our meal and sat outside on the patio. We also enjoyed a delicious authentic Marguerita.

Visited July 2012