“Beautiful B&B with Friendly Owners” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone's Throw Inn

Stone's Throw Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Stone's Throw Inn
You added Stone's Throw Inn to your Saves list
56 Central St., Narragansett, RI 02882   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Va
“Beautiful B&B with Friendly Owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I spent the weekend in Narragansett for a friend's wedding. A number of my friends and I got rooms in the Stones Throw Inn bed and breakfast. The house is beautiful and the B&B owners are incredibly friendly. Their breakfast was amazing both mornings. I highly recommend it if you are planning on staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were invited to a wedding in Narragansett. Never having been there, I picked Stones Throw Inn based solely on online reviews. I was not disappointed. The house was beyond charming, the location perfect, and Pam & Dennis were the sweetest most generous hosts I've ever had the pleasure to encounter. I highly recommend this lovely establishment with it's delicious home cooked breakfast, huge comfortable beds, and kindhearted owners to anyone visiting the RI coast area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Beds. Extra comfortable. Breakfasts. Plentiful and delicious! I just spent this Memorial Day Weekend at the Stones Throw. We took an old friend for a birthday weekend. The Inn is in a great location - especially for those who like a good walk in the morning - only about a block and a half down to the main sidewalk that runs along the beach - close to Narragansett Beach and a little bit farther from Scarborough Beach.

More important than location was our experience at the Inn! We stayed in the Daydream Suite which is 3 queen beds, one bathroom, and a very comfortable living room with large windows and tons of natural light.

Pam and Dennis are incredibly nice and made us feel right at home. They couldn't have been more accommodating. Pam asked us our preferred breakfast time, and when we couldn't finish it all, placed the leftovers in our room fridge. Fruit was the perfect snack returning from the beach in the afternoon! Not to mention, the eggs were fresh from their hens in the backyard!

With the four of us, this made perfect sense financially since we would have been paying a similar amount to get 2 rooms in a chain hotel. Next time I'm in Narragansett I am definitely staying at the Stones Throw!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Middletown, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This review is shamefully over due, but my husband and I stayed at the Stones Throw Inn during Labor Day weekend in 2011 and it was fantastic! It was our first anniversary and my husband happened to be in a wedding at the Towers that Saturday so we decided to make a nice long weekend out of it, staying 2 nights. We could not have been happier! This was our first time staying at a B&B so I was a little nervous about it, but we couldn't have made a better choice! Pam and Dennis, who run the B&B are kindest and most accommodating people I think I've ever met. They really define "hospitality".
The B&B is a gorgeous old Victorian located on a lovely little street just 2 blocks from the water and the downtown area. It was so close to everything we needed/wanted that using the car was totally unnecessary. We also took a nice afternoon into Newport which is just 20 minutes away.
The B&B itself is very clean and neat. We stayed in the single room which was definitely more spacious than I expected. It had a king size bed, loveseat, good sized bathroom, flat screen TV, mini fridge, and AC--just perfect for what we wanted. As part of their superior hospitality, Pam prepares a delicious homemade breakfast in their lovely little dining room. The breakfast is huge and varied with everything from fruit and yogurt to French toast and bacon. It is absolutely delicious!
This was our first time in Narragansett and we fell in love with the whole place, and I’m positive a lot of that had to do with our great experience at Stones Throw Inn! We hope to return to Narragansett for long weekends in the future and there is no question where we will be staying!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed at the Stone's Throw Inn before the inaugural Gansett Marathon. Dennis and Pam were very conscientious about the needs of a marathoner and that of my supporting spouse. The room was so cozy it allowed me to get a deep restful night before the race. At the break of dawn, Pam provided me a special --trade secret-- runner's pre-race coffee and carbos to get me through the race with energy to spare. For my supporting wife, Pam packed a togo breakfast with breads and pastries to snack on when she wasn't cheering. Their private bath rejuvenated me after the race, I could have run Boston two days later if I had wanted. However, one need not run for three hours to appreciate the pampering of the Stone Throw; in the future, I may forgo racing and just enjoy a weekend of pampering.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Stones Throw along with a few friends for my sister's wedding in Narragansett. We had the entire third floor, which has two bedrooms that have two single/double beds and one bedroom with a queen size bed. The third floor also has a kitchen, living room and large bathroom which gave us an enormous amount of space - perfect for a group! The bedding was luxurious and the rooms were cleaned impeccably each day. The two innkeepers, Pam and Dennis, were very friendly and catered to our later breakfast time requests. Breakfast was some of the best I've ever had, with decadent french toast, eggs made to order fresh from the chickens in the backyard and different freshly baked muffins/breads each day. The beach is about a 10 minute walk away from the inn and there are many restaurants/shops just around the corner. Only things to consider - size of the inn limits privacy to some extent and bring your own shampoo and conditioner. I would highly recommend The Stone's Throw to anyone looking for a beautiful stay in Narragansett.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is a great space for a group that wants private common space to share