“just the basics” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Narragansett
Middletown, Connecticut
“just the basics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just be aware that this is an old bldg, lots of needed repairs but i found it to be clean & adequate and best of all as far as i can tell, the only game in town & just a few blocks from the beach. the port of Galilee is busy, the hotel is accross the street from the Ferry to Block Island so it is always busy with people coming and going. It is a bit expensive not to have free coffee in the a.m. If you know what you are in for there will be no surprises, it's no Hilton that's for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ludlow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

NASTY!!!! I could not believe my eyes when we arrived at this hotel. We went there for a soccer tournament so we did not choose this hotel ourselves. It was SO REPULSIVE!! There was more mold in one room than there should have been in the entire place, all over the walls and curtains! BUGS in the beds , dead and alive! My 10year old cried herself to sleep in my arms. We only stayed because we could not find vacancies anywhere else and could not ditch the soccer team. I'm still in shock that we stayed there. The pictures I'm going to out up are the same you will see in any of the rooms, including the "renovated" rooms. Apparently renovated just means a new dresser and an extra towel. Seriously, unbelievable!! Also a piece of the counter fell off and my son cut open his foot, from desk Jenn, could not care less! Useless staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

WELCOME TO THE CRACKHOUSE INN! I have never stayed at a more disgusting place in my life. When we arrived, the outside of the building looked like a dump. The parking lot was covered in seagull crap. I don't think stepping on any was avoidable. When we walked in the room, it smelled terrible. It smelled like the seagulls were the last guests! I had to cover my nose from the time I walked in to the time I walked out. TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A NIGHT? You may as well be sleeping outside. Spending two hundred dollars for this place is like flushing your money down the toilet and sleeping on your roof in the middle of a storm. The place is EXTREMELY overpriced. Did I mention there's no wifi except for in the pool area? Which closes at 10:00. So basically the only people who get to have wifi are the guests right outside the pool area. This place is a dump. Possibly mistaken for a crack house. Sorry Febreze, but I don't think 100 of your car clips would work on this place. Bring blindfolded people in for a test, they'll probably tell you it smells like a crack house, a dump, a pile of dog crap, you name it! The room had holes in the wall and I have been to zoos that smell better. i would rather sleep at a zoo than here! One thing is for sure, I'll be sleeping in the car tonight! DO NOT STAY HERE! You may catch a flesh-eating virus, this place is so disgusting!

Room Tip: Getting a room elsewhere is best
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First off, I can't believe that in the other reviews, people were complaining about the seagull droppings. People are so pretentious these days! It’s a fishing village for crying out loud and you’re going to attract seagulls. Geez! However, the staff had an employee power washing the windows to remove the poop, and they had a complementary hose you could use to wash off your car. What more do you want?! Secondly, this is a beach hotel! This isn’t the Hilton, or Marriott. You should know that going into it, instead of expecting the amenities of a chain hotel. I will say this; the rooms were clean, sheets clean, beds comfortable, bathrooms clean, and air conditioning cold. I stayed with my 3 kids and they loved it! They can’t wait to come back. I don’t look at the hotel as being outdated because I love the character of things when they are left preserved. The management has updated some things, and the way it is perfect. Don’t update anything else. Lastly, the pool area is fantastic! Kids loved it…almost a little too much. Just one suggestion; you should change the games out in the game room. There wasn’t one game me or the kids recognized or wanted to play. You should put some “retro” games like Pac-man and possibly a pinball machine so more people would use the game room. Other than that, fantastic stay! We’ll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Our entire staff THANK YOU for your review! Thank you for noticing the effort our team is putting in! We are all truly happy you and your family enjoyed your time with us!! Our video games are provided from an outside provider but I will get in touch with them about possibly changing them up a bit (I love the pinball idea too). Thank you again for your understanding about our other "residents" and noticing that we try to minimize their impact. We hope you and your family continue to have a wonderful summer and we look forward to seeing you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Staff was amazing, accomodating, and very personable. Lobby has clearly been worked on! Rooms have many new (or at least improved) features! The pool looks brand new, and compared to a couple of years ago, it might as well be! There are very obvious improvements taking place all around the inn. I hope it continues, as the location is great and I would love to stay again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Had stayed one night at this place and it was a night NOT worth remembering. The room was musty, walls with black molds, gross pillows that smelled like it has not been washed for forever! The furnitures - something you'd find on the curb. With the rate they charge, one should get a cleaner/better room.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are working very hard in a systematic approach to give every room a top-to-bottom overhaul in terms of scrubbing and cleaning. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to concentrate on. Thank you again and enjoy your summer!
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Where to begin? The entire property and now my car is completely covered with seagull poop and feathers. The breezeways were disgusting with garbage, dinner leftovers and feathers everywhere. They were left untouched for the 4 days we were there. Our first room smelled like a dead body, the carpet was damp and dirty, there were dead cockroaches in the bathroom light and one of the ceiling panels was soaked. They moved us to a room near the pool. It was much better, which isn't saying much. The phone didn't work and the area outside of our room had remnants from a party there for two days. We spent a day in Block Island and upon returning found our room had been untouched, other than they picked up the wet towels. Bed was unmade, no fresh towels, nothing cleaned and the maid took the $5 tip we left for the day before.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. On behalf of the entire team here, we are sorry for your experience. Your review is being used as a training for all staff on what to work on and what look for. We hope you give us another chance next season!

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!