“Don't go by the picture” 1 of 5 stars

Ocean Rose Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   113 Ocean Road, Narragansett, RI 2882   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Narragansett
Farragut, Tennessee
“Don't go by the picture”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We thought that we were staying at the ocean rose inn and ended up in a motel room behind the inn. The beds were comfortable and that is it. The bathroom was in poor shape and very tight quarters. The sink was coming away from the wall, water was leaking from the pipes, the toilet seat was stained, and the shower was very small. I have had better accommodations at camp sights. We paid $200 a night and it offered nothing. ( No refigerator, no breakfast) Sleeping was difficult as the people above us were very noisey. This inn/motel was a BIG disappointment and way over priced. Shame on the owners for not taking a little more pride with their motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
sknri, Manager at Ocean Rose Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
I’m concerned about your recent visit at our facility and the impression you have of our Innl. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn you’re unhappy with the hotel. Please accept my sincere apology. We appreciate your feedback and comments and suggestions. We will certainly check into the comments and make sure they don’t happen again.
Doug Brady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dover Plains, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Place initially looks very nice. However, the room (which had a nice view) needs major updating. First, THE BED was horrible! (See Pic) It was so old and saggy and we could not believe that they would actually allow anybody to sleep on it especially when paying such a high price for a one night stay. Also, since there is a restaurant downstairs directly in the lobby; the noise is extremely loud. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay this is NOT the place. Noise went on well into the early morning due to the bar outside and the restaurant staff cleaning up. Lastly, if you stay here plan on getting up early due to a hot water shortage. It took 5 mins for the water to even reach our room on the third floor and then I burned the living hell out of myself when it finally (surprisingly) came out of the faucet. Advice Look elsewhere....Advice to the Hotel Owners....MODERNIZE-START WITH THE HORRIBLE BED! It was so bad I pulled two chairs together and slept on them instead!!!

sknri, Manager at Ocean Rose Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and comments and suggestions. We certainly will check into the issues you mentioned in your review and rectify any situations that need to be. We take all comments seriously and thank you for your review.
Stormville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is an attractive Inn. If you are looking for something nice, stay in one of the upatairs rooms in the Inn. These rooms are spacious with hardwood floors, new bathrooms and balcony. Otherwise the side building has the next best rooms, which are similiar to the back building but larger with high tray ceilings. Then the back building has average rooms which could use new carpet and a little freshening up. Overall a clean, decent place. There is a beautiful diningroom which overlooks the water and also nice outdoor porch and lawn.

Room Tip: If it fits your budget, I recommend the upstairs rooms in the main building.
sknri, Manager at Ocean Rose Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your wonderful stay while at the Ocean Rose Inn. We hope you enjoyed Narragansett and the wonderful beaches and restaurants.

newton,ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We arrived at the Ocean Rose Inn with not a little trepidation as some of the reviews on this site were really bad!. There are two different experiences at this Inn .I know this as a fact, as I was traveling with my two sisters, and my daughter, for a "Girls' Weekend". My sisters stayed in the 1950;s vintage motel in back of the Main Inn & that is what they got-including a musty odor that seemed to have survived the 50's!!!! There were two queen beds crammed into the room and a tiny bathroom-no hair dryer, etc. I think, at least, part of the probem is that the rooms do not get an airing out, being on the ground floor, etc.
However, my daughter and I stayed in the main building (second floor-room 34) thanks, in no small part, to my sister's generosity. The room was huge, ocean front with a little deck which had chaise lounges-would have preferred upgright chairs to see the view-however many people do appreciate a lounge for sunbathing. The room was light and airy with a very high ceiling, recalling the days of Victorian Inns where one went to cool off. pre-invention of air conditong It smelled fresh and clean, the ocean breeze was incredible. The room had both A/C, a ceiling fan and well screened windows & sliidng doors, so one could have either fresh air, A/C, fan, or any combination of above. Amenites included a mini-fridge-very cool, a hair dryer, shampoo, Kleenex, anda coffee Maker. I think most folks use their own personal care products,anyway, as they have unique preferences.
The king -size bed was beautifully carved and had a sumptuously soft mattress with a feather -bed type topping that i sunk into and found even more comfortable than my pillow top,firm mattress(at home) I did have some difficulty sleeping due to my allergies and I discovered the following morning that the pillows were a down/feather combination-unusual these days, as so many folks suffer allergies. After taking my allergy med, I did sleep very well.
The sheets were sparkling white and soft, and the room was very clean. The towels were very small, but clean.. (Of course, this room was about double the cost of the motel type room)
Ray who manned the front desk was polite and helpful. When I asked him about the pillows, he said that the pillows were put in the rooms randomly, so I am not sure if I had called down for a down aternative pillow, it would have been available.
The Ocean Rose Inn has a few idiosycrasies:
1) No bell hop/elevator service
2) There is no breakfast option at the Inn. There is good,fresh coffee in the lobby in the morning. It would have been nice to have muffins available. In fact, I have never stayed at an Inn, hotel, or B & B (& I have traveled, extensvely),where there was no minimal food available. On further inquiry, it develops that the Inn and the Restaurant ( does not take reservations) where we did not eat, but seemed to be very busy, are two distinct operations.
There are numerous other options in the area for breakfast and other meals. The restaurant does not serve lunch, either.
The parking was fine. I was concerned having traveled by car to Newport, in the past, in the summer, to an Inn, and then not having adequate parking available. We three sisters
arrived from different directions and thus had three cars which we were able to park in the Inn's lot, which is by no means huge.
3) There are no grounds to speak of for this Inn, other than the parking lot, as the front lawn is taken up by tables and chairs and a bar serving alcohol quite late with the result that people are out front, having a good time and making noise. directly below the front bedrooms.
4) I callled down about the noise at 1 AM and was told that according to "Narragansett Law", the revelers could stay on the front lawn premises until 1:20 AM. Ons solution is to close the door and windows and use the A/C which negates the beauty of receiving the sea air.
As I mentioned, there are a few indiosyncracies to be found here !!!!!
I would stay here, again, because of the beauty and convenience of the location. Narragansett is lovely and not over run with tourists-tho that may have been due to the fact that the weather forecast for the weeked was not great. We still got to enjoy the beach, surf, and all. Beach parking $15 across the street (Parking directy adjacent to the beach is by beach pass/permit only.
Also, be prepared to pay $6/head daily fee to walk onto the beach, in additon to parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
sknri, Manager at Ocean Rose Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
It is always wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay while at the Ocean Rose Inn. The view from the balcony deck is just simply amazing to say the least. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just got back from spending the weekend. The Inn is in a great location right across the street from the water and we took advantage with a couple of nice walks. We stayed in the motel annex on the 2nd floor. Nice view and the room was clean but nothing special. Bare minimum equipped and the bed wasn't great. Could definitely use some updating. Nice restaurant with a great bar. See separate review for Turtle Soup. Overall the place is fine for a night or two but don't expect anything special.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
sknri, Manager at Ocean Rose Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your stay while at our Inn located in Narragansett. We certainly hope you were able to enjoy our great beaches and wonderful dining.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Ocean Rose met and exceeded our expections. Wonderful room with a million dollar view from our balcony.We arrived to a spotless room and returned everyday to the same.The resturant is outstanding.We will return and stay over and over.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a second floor room with a ocean view
sknri, Manager at Ocean Rose Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
We are always glad to hear that we had met and exceeded you expectation while staying at our Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This Ocean front Inn is beautiful, clean and the view is amazing. The beds are so comfortable and the bathrooms are huge. The only thing I would change is get more comfortable chairs on the deck, Not everyone wants to recline on a chaise and with the chaise you cannot see ocean which is really what you are paying for. Also more outlets would be great also. When we come back next year we will definately book our days here.

sknri, Manager at Ocean Rose Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
We are always glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while at our Inn. The ocean views from your room are just a spectacular site. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Doug Brady

Been to Ocean Rose Inn? Share your experiences!