“Expect wonderfully prepared food and sublime service every time and I have never been disappointed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basil's Restaurant

Basil's Restaurant
22 Kingstown Rd, Narragansett, RI 02882-3340
401-789-3743
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boon Street
Transit: Bus stop is in front of Restaurant.
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We live too far away to make Basil's a frequent dining destination for dinner but wish we could. This restaurant has been a favorite for the past 20 years and has never disappointed us in all the times we have been there. The menu offers one great suggestion after another and I would agree that the duck l'orange is the best. The couple who own this establishment are committed to providing their guests with an exceptional dining experience. They developed their standards working in very exclusive fine dining establishments and combine that with welcoming hospitality you would expect from a South County Rhode Islander. Whether you are taking out an important client, close friends and family or making a first impression; this is the perfect venue.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, PA
“Excellent Food & Service and Rehearsal Dinner Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

Every time we travel to Rhode Island Basils is on the top of our list of places to go. The ambiance is always warm and welcoming and the food is consistently delicious! The staff is very accommodating and courteous. After we started planning our wedding, one of our first thoughts was that we had to have our rehearsal dinner at Basils!

We reserved the bottom floor of the restaurant and packed in our family and closest friends. Everyone had an amazing time! We stayed until close and I think if we didn't have a wedding the next day we would've stayed longer. I definitely recommend Basil's for a rehearsal dinner for future brides.

RI
“Don't bring the kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

We went to Basil's 2 weeks ago to celebrate my in-laws' 45th wedding anniversary. When I called to make the reservation, I spoke to a very nice man who asked if I had been there before and if I was looking for a fine dining restaurant when I said there would be a part of 9. I assured him that, although I hadn't been there, I was looking for a fine dining establishment as it was the occasion of my in-laws' 45th. He said that they could accomodate us and I also mentioned at this time that we would be bringing a toddler with us. There was no mention that children are not welcome at the restaurant. When we arrived, I walked through the front door and then, since there were no signs directing one as to what to do, I opened the next door. The waitress came flying at me as if I were relieving my bladder on the carpet. She rudely told me to go outside and someone would get us. How would one assume that the hostess would know you were there if you were outside? It's not like there's a hostess station right inside the front door. Then, when the hostess came to take us to our table, my niece (age 14 and very well-mannered) requested a high-chair for her baby sister. The hostess, probably assuming that one does not have to be polite to a teen, haughtily told my niece that THEY do NOT have high-chairs! Might have been nice if the guy on the phone who took the reservation mentioned that. None of the employees were made aware of the occasion because no one congratulated my in-laws. Further, the hostess then went to the table next to us and offered the couple a free dessert for the INCONVENIENCE of sitting near noisy children. There was another table with 3 children there but those children were older (4-8 ish). None of the children made hardly a peep. Really. Did that have to be done so that we could hear it? I guess that's how much noise we were making because we could hear the hostess whisper to the next table. I have to say that there are so many good restaurants in Narragansett that I will probably never go back to Basil's. It's too bad because the food was wonderful and I love French food but I could do without the faux-french attitude problem.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Basil's is a classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Basil's is a traditional French restaurant with a Mediterranean touch. The food is always very well-prepared, the service is excellent and the wine list is thoughtful, balanced and fairly priced. It is a small operation with the chef/owner's care and attention to detail always evident. My favorite's are the poached salmon and the crispy duck. The menu is traditional, with a number of expertly prepared classics.

Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Superb quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

This where we went on your third date, and we manage to return at least once a year. The atmosphere is elegant and cosy, the meals are prepared with the best ingredients and, in all these years, we have never had a bad experience. Although the menu does not change very much from year to year, this consistency clearly enables the chef to provide consistent superb quality. The best Duck à l'orange I have ever eaten!