“Would have expected fresher seafood” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Myerstown, Pennsylvania
“Would have expected fresher seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stopped at Aunt Carrie's for lunch on our way to the Point Judith Lighthouse. My husband had the calamari. He said it was tough and was not fresh, probably frozen. When the waitress asked if he wanted to take the rest home, he said no, it was not good. At least they were nice enough to take it off of the bill. I had the 1/2 crab sandwich, I'm still not sure if it was real crab. It didn't have much flavor, and there was a lot of bread. The sandwich was overpriced for the quality. It seems like it was more of a tourist trap type of place, with "fast seafood".

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“What's the attraction here?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Aunt Carries has been around for eons, and I have no idea why. People line up for lunch and dinner every day during the summer and weekends the place is a mob scene. Clearly I am missing something. In my view the place is a clam shack, and not a very good one @ that. But hey, I'm clearly in the minority here!

Visited August 2014
south sutton
“Point Judith revisit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Quaint restaurant, good service, good food. We both had clam chowder, too many potatos, but good flavor, clam cakes were wonderful as was our crabmeat sandwiches. good value.

Visited August 2014
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Pay the price for the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Restaurant is bright and breezy and overlooks the ocean. No wait on a Tuesday at noon. Many items are market priced and are not listed anywhere. I asked our server who rapidly rattled off prices but did not give any detail about some of the choices. Confused I ended up ordering from the daily specials steamed clams "to share". The portion was a teaser for my husband and myself. I thought it came with corn but the server said "no, the menu was confusing" Chowder and clam cakes (fritters) were extra. Even bread would have been an extra. Service was prompt and the food was acceptable but I left hungry. We opted for dessert across the street at their ice cream stand. Pricey for what you get at both places.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Connecticut
“A classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

A trip to Narragansett would not be complete with out a trip to Aunt Carries. It is a very family oriented restaurant. The food is excellent and you get a great deal for the price.

Visited July 2014