“Great place to have a cocktail” 5 of 5 stars

(401) 789-0696
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 86 Restaurants in Narragansett
East Granby, Connecticut
“Great place to have a cocktail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Not real large but never usually too, too crowded. The decks have great views of the ocean and there are pool tables to play pool if you want to go indoors.

Visited July 2012

North Port, Florida
“bonvue inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Bonvue is actually the bar lounge downstairs. The up stairs is the Hammerhead grill which is the restaurant . I found the meal and service to be of excellent quality and plan to go again. They have a beautiful out side deck which is on the top floor where the restaurant is. The view is wonderful.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I dined at this restaurant in July and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010 via mobile

I dined at this restaurant in July and after reading previous reviews wonder if I dined at the same place! Food was delicious (Caprese salad as an app and Thai peanut chicken for me and fish and chips for my guy) , drinks were on the strong side of well made, portions were ample sized and staff was friendly and attentive. Roughly $31 was spent on the entree portion of the meal and we both took home leftovers from our dinners....not too bad for a nice place with good food and a great view! We will definitely return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Avon,CT
“Not what we were expecting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We visited the Bonvue Inn in July 2008. The lines at Iggy's and Aunt Carries looked to long so we opted for the Inn. We were seated right away with very few people on the deck. We should have known right there!The view is beautiful so we were expecting a good meal. We ordered clam cakes and chowder and coconut shrimp. We were served the chowder first. When asked about the clam cakes the waitress said I thought you wanted them later. I'm a part time resident of Rhode Island and every restraurant serves them together. The chowder was pretty tasty but all was forgotton once the cakes and the shrimp arrived. The clam cakes were soaking in grease and we could not even get one down without instant indegestion. When the shrimp arrived it looked like the margaritaville brand you find in a grocery store! They charged a hefty fee for 6 tiny overcooked shrimps on wilted lettuce. We had a few margaritas and never tasted any liqour. The view is nice but the food is lousy. It really is to bad because if the could get it together they could have a gold mine there with all of the tourists and their spectacular location.

Rhode Island
“$8 Bloody Mary without the Vodka”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

We live locally and stopped by the Bon Vue for lunch on Memorial Day. I had dined there in the past, about 3 years ago, and had a good experience. This time however, I simply felt cheated by an inattentive staff that most likely thought they were waiting on tourists (instead of local patrons) due to the holiday. We couldn't get a lemon upon request for a basic glass of water. I also had to special request a lemon that should have arrived with my fish and chips. Additionally, we received Bloody Mary's at the table (requested with Grey Goose) to basically end up with an $8.00 tomato juice that didn't even come with a celery stalk. Times are too tough to not even get a decent drink upon ordering! The fish and chips were good, but well over-priced for "the upcoming summer season." Honestly, I wouldn't go back as a resident of Narragansett. Hopefully, not too many tourists are drawn in by the allure of a back deck that overlooks the water (it's beautiful), however, if they receive the same attention we did, our nice little town by the sea will leave a bad taste in their visiting mouths. There are many great restaurants in Narragansett; this is not one of them. I support our local merchants, but not this one again.