“Over-Iced, under seasoned and everything's extra” 1 of 5 stars

(401) 789-0700
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Coast Guard House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Spectacular waterfront dining overlooking Narragansett Bay. Offering an array of creative cuisine; supporting all aspects of sustainable agriculture and aquaculture. We use local farms when possible and source produce for quality and sustainability. Our seafood is sourced from purveyors that are dedicated to locating species from areas that produce the best tasting and highest quality seafood available.
United States
“Over-Iced, under seasoned and everything's extra”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have just returned from eating here and apart from the service which was very good I don't have anything positive to say about it.

Soft drinks were small and $2.50 each, no free refills and more ice than drink, no warning that it isn't free refills.

My burger was served in a bun that was so dry it was inedible, there was almost 2" of dry bun on top of the burger. The burger was completely under seasoned, I have never noticed this in any burger that I have eaten it was totally bland.

Think that this maybe a place to drink but give it a wide berth if you want to eat.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
“Quintessential Seafood By The Sea...But Crowded, Noisy, Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Coast Guard House in Narragansett can't be beat for its location and atmosphere. Located in the heart of Narragansett pier, it appears the perfect place for a date with its food, scenery right on the water, and a beautiful area to walk off the meal after. Just about everyone that has ever visited me here in RI has asked to eat there just by the sight of the place. I have never had a bad meal there as far as its quality, but the portions and price are another matter. The Coast Guard house knows they have it made with its location and soaks you just a little too much in my opinion with a very inflated price, and, they fail to make it up with portion size. I would not recommend this place for its food alone to anyone...

As far as the real problem with this place, it has over the last few years really gotten a reputation as a bar for young people that often sees the police being involved. The whole topside of this place is an open air bar that attracts a lot of crowds, noise, and unfortunately trouble. It's gone from a family place a decade ago to one that I would not recommend bringing either little kids or gramma too. Every time I have been there in the last two years I have witnessed trouble and drunks getting out of hand. Not my idea of a fancy seafood place that has hefty prices and small portions for sure. It's a shame really, but as of the time of this writing its the deal. Take it as you may. As for my rating, 3 stars is the best I can do, and that's mostly for its location alone...

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Narragansett
“Love to sit on the deck with drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Salads are great. Tuna rolls excellent. Calimari very good.. View on deck is unsurpassed! Girls work hard to please and entertainement is usually performing on deck in summer. Excellent choice on a hot sumer day!

Visited August 2012
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Special Event Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Coast Guard House is a lovely restaurant, especially for "Special Events". My husband took me there for our 10th Anniversary, and it was a wonderful treat! We were seated by the water and were amused watching the birds, boats, etc just outside the windows! The food and service were impeccable. We each had Arugula Caesar Salads - yummy!! The Sesame Crusted Tuna that I had was "to die for"! And my husband's NY Strip Steak with Gorgonzola & Bacon Double Baked Potato looked (& apparently tasted) equally as good as my tuna. But I honestly could find many other choices on the menu that I'm sure are delicious based on our choices. It is fine-quality food served by gracious & attentive wait staff. Desserts are wonderful as well. We had creme brulee and flourless chocolate cake, but again, I could easily have chosen one of the other desserts and I'm sure I'd have been happy. It was a lovely dinner, and one I will remember as very special for our anniversary celebration!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome, New York
“Excellent food and beautiful views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Coast Guard House is an excellent place to dine! I would recommend the calimari and scallops - both were delicious and both were recommended by my wonderful waiter. I also talked to a couple who thoroughly enjoyed their lobster ravioli. The dining area looks out over a gorgeous view of the ocean. I was lucky enough to be able to watch the harvest moon rise over the water during my meal. I highly recommend this restaurant, the staff knows their food, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2012