“Beautiful setting and great facilities.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Attractions in Narragansett
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
Boston, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful setting and great facilities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My friend and I spent the day paddling on the Narrow River and playing in the surf. I have my own sit on top kayak that my friend used and I rented a stand up paddle board. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, they even helped us get the kayak off the roof of my car. I've rented at a few different places, and this one is super. Everyone we spoke to had helpful information about the tide, the area, and paddling. They have 2 changing tents, an outside shower to rinse off, and porta-potties that were the cleanest I've seen (we went on a Friday). There are a few picnic tables to sit out before or after your paddle. I believe they have a store that sells water and sundries, but we didn't go into it. The area and water are gorgeous. We paddled out to sandbars, and saw marshes, egrets, and other wild life. Once we got to Narragansett beach we were able to play in the surf and current.

Some people actually strapped chairs and coolers to their kayaks and spent the day playing and picnicing on the beach.I will definitely be back to play for longer next time, and am putting a moonlight tour on my list of things to do. Check out their website for their tours. They have lots of kayaks to rent, so can even accommodate a large group.

Visited August 2012

leesburg, fl
67 attraction reviews
“awesome! fantastic! beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My sister & I rented 2 tandem kayaks and put each of my 2 kids in with one adult. We did the sunset/full moon tour! It was so gorgeous and fantastic! We saw so many birds, and even a deer standing on the side of the river. We had a full moon rise up in front of us and the sun setting behind us! It was just unreal. The tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable about the area, the animals and the history. Can't wait to do it again!

Visited July 2011
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Professional Guide, Awesome Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We took a sunset eco-tour on a tandem kayak. Over the 2-hour tour, we experienced closely the intricate ecosystem of the Pettaquamscutt Watershed Area, with its amazing wildlife (especially the wide variety of crustaceans and birds). In addition to explaining the geology and history of the region, the guide demonstrated paddling technique and gave out excellent safety instructions. The sunset views were exceptional. This peaceful and pleasant paddle was one of the highlights of our romantic getaway...

Visited August 2011
suffern, ny
“Unique and awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My family and I took a Moonlight kayak ride with Ron, the naturalist at Narrow River Kayaks and had the most amazing experience. We set out at dusk and saw osprey, herons and egrets. We paddled to a sandbar, got out of our kayaks and checked out all kinds of clams, crabs and other fun creatures. Back in the kayaks to Gooseberry island and then to the beach, all as darkness fell. Glowsticks on our boat helped us get around, and we even saw some osprey in their nest high above. We got out of the boats at the beach and waited for the moon to rise. A great and very different experience, one I would highly recommend!

Visited August 2011
Westfield, Massachusetts
“The kids keep asking to do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Many Kudos!!, for an outstanding afternoon. Our family consisted of 2 adults and 3 chlidren, ages 10-12. We were impressed with the Eco-tour we had along the river, the timing of the breaks for the group and the fun looking around the sand bars and tide pools for creatures. It was informative and relaxing. The great outdoors never felt better. I highly recommend this Paddle on Paradise experience to all. Our family is planning to come back next summer. See you soon!

Visited July 2011