“Perfect location and perfect hosts!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Kept Secret B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Best Kept Secret B & B
46 Sewell Road, Corner of Sewell and Gaspee, Narragansett, RI 02882   |
Columbia, SC
“Perfect location and perfect hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed with Nancy and Tom 10/17 - 10/22 in order to visit a friend in Newport, and introduce my husband to some of my favorite New England places like Block Island and parts of CT. Great beach two block walk from the house, 5 minutes from the BI ferry, 35 minutes to Newport and an hour from the two casinos or Groton Submarine Force Museum in CT. Great central location in a super quiet and pretty neighborhood. B&B is warm and cozy; we stayed in the front room with the private bath. There is a fridge right outside your bedroom to keep snacks or drinks in. Plenty of fresh linens and towels available and anything you asked for (we wanted a floor fan for the noise) was provided with a smile! Breakfast were great, pumpkin pancakes, johnny cakes, fresh fruit, muffins, coffee and more! We were stuffed every morning! Take Nancy's advice about routes to get places (like the ocean drive to Newport) and places to visit (Venda Ravioli in Providence WAS TO DIE FOR). She knows the ins and outs of the area and won't steer you wrong! Both Nancy and Tom are down-to-earth, friendly and funny. We would stay there again in a heartbeat! Thanks Best Kept Secret B&B!
Location notes: SEE: the Providence Zoo rocked!, Newport, BI but go IN season or nothing is open, Venda Ravioli in Providence, Groton Sub Museum (free!)
SKIP: Breakers mansion - what a waste of time and money unless you love audio tours and NO writing or signage of any kind! If you have been to ANY other mansion or castle in the world Breakers will disappoint IMHO.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front room with the private bath but I would try the other room with the separate h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had the unique experience to stay at The Best Kept Secret B&B this past summer. I am a single woman and wanted to stay at a cozy place, near the ocean, someplace that I would feel safe. BKS fit the bill! I spent two nights and three days there. Nancy and Tom, the proprietors, are warm, friendly and nonintrusive. The house is adorable. It is a Victorian style house with a front porch with rocking chairs for relaxing, reading and having your favorite cocktail!
Scarborough Beach is in walking distance, which is fantastic for a day at the beach or a walk on the beach after dinner.
Nearby Narragansett offers great restaurants and shopping.
I had a wonderful time there. The dining room, where b'fast is served, is lovely. The food is delicious. I had walnut encrusted french toast with yogurt, fruit and coffee.
The rooom I stayed in had it's own private bathroom, a couch and a comfortable full-sized bed.
It is clean, charming and unforgetable. I recommend this for anyone, but if you are a single woman looking to get away for some R&R or for a summer beach vacation, this is the best!!!!
Deb Hunt, Portland, CT

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here -- We were looking for a place to unwind and reflect after the wedding and couldn't have asked for more out of the Best Kept Secret B&B -- We stayed in the Beach Rose room (with the private bath) and loved it. Clean room, comfortable bed, nice bathroom. Breakfasts were delicious. A five-minute walk to the beach. To top it off, Nancy went above and beyond as a host -- she let us borrow bikes, beach chairs, a cooler, and gave us a ride to the Block Island ferry. I'll be coming back and I'll be recommending this place to friends who want an easy laid back get-away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed only 1 night, but would have stayed longer if there had been availability. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As a lesbian couple, we never know how friendly people will be. Nancy, the owner and inn keeper was cordial and very friendly. Our room (the "large room") was comfortable with a breeze coming in the windows. We walked 5 minutes to a beautiful beach and enjoyed the convenience of leaving our car at the B & B. Nancy allowed us to use her beach chairs and we even rode the B & B's bicycles the next morning. We enjoyed the country charm of the chickens and the cats, which made us feel right at home. We will definitely come back. The inn is so close to the Pt Judith Ferry, it's a lovely AND convenient location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
La Grange, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at Best Kept Secret for a long weekend stay with our 2 college-aged children. It was VERY relaxing with the lovely porch, the company of several friendly cats and chickens, and warm hospitality of the hosts Nancy and Tom. We occupied both rooms for 2 of our 3 nights, which was really nice basically having the place all to ourselves. However, the night we squeezed all of us into one room worked out just fine-- though tight, 4 adults were able to sleep on the bed, the pullout couch and a nice foam mattress on the floor. The breakfasts were all delicious, and our food preferences were accommodated without issue. Tom also made a delicious cake for us one day to enjoy throughout the day! We were able to borrow bikes and beach chairs. The beach is really just a 5 minute walk. Tom and Nancy helped guide us to good bike rides and restaurants and accommodated us even on the day that we checked out. Overall, it was a lovely weekend at a wonderful B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nancy and Tom are very welcoming. The 2 available rooms are in their home. You will meet their cats and chickens. The house is very close to the beach and a moment's drive from the ferry to Block Island. Nancy kindly offered to drive me to the ferry and was more than willing to provide extra services that were above and beyond a typical B&B. I stayed here one night on my return journey. The room prices are a welcome change from the nightly rates in and around Newport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Eastern Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a lovely B&B! The Best Kept Secret is very welcoming and an ideal place to stay if you want to be within walking distance of the ocean without feeling like a tourist. You are in a residential neighbourhood and quickly feel right at home.

I stayed in the smaller "Blue Room” which was cozy without being cramped. The room and the bathroom were immaculate. Although the bathroom was not ensuite, it was located immediately next to the room and still felt very private.

I normally seek out B&Bs with resident cats and I was not disappointed! There are three affectionate cats on the premises, who will spend time with you if you make a fuss over them. They especially like to hang out on the porch. So did I. I had a fun and busy schedule, meeting friends for meals, geocaching and touring around, so it was nice to lounge on the covered porch with a book and a purring cat to unwind an hour or so in the afternoon.

I did not have breakfast as I was meeting friends for brunch both mornings. However, I was offered tasty snacks in the evenings.

Nancy designs and makes quilts, some of which are hung in the house. The one hanging over the stairs is especially gorgeous.

Visitors should know that there are stairs to climb, both to get into the house and to get to your room.

Thanks to Nancy and Tom (and Señor Wences, Bo Didley and Bean) for a great stay.

Room Tip: The Blue room is great for a single person or couple. Although the bathroom is in the hall, it is ri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Best Kept Secret B & B? Share your experiences!