“A fantastic B&B experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Kept Secret B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Best Kept Secret B & B
You added Best Kept Secret B & B to your Saves list
46 Sewell Road, Corner of Sewell and Gaspee, Narragansett, RI 02882   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Astoria, New York
“A fantastic B&B experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here -- We were looking for a place to unwind and reflect after the wedding and couldn't have asked for more out of the Best Kept Secret B&B -- We stayed in the Beach Rose room (with the private bath) and loved it. Clean room, comfortable bed, nice bathroom. Breakfasts were delicious. A five-minute walk to the beach. To top it off, Nancy went above and beyond as a host -- she let us borrow bikes, beach chairs, a cooler, and gave us a ride to the Block Island ferry. I'll be coming back and I'll be recommending this place to friends who want an easy laid back get-away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed only 1 night, but would have stayed longer if there had been availability. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As a lesbian couple, we never know how friendly people will be. Nancy, the owner and inn keeper was cordial and very friendly. Our room (the "large room") was comfortable with a breeze coming in the windows. We walked 5 minutes to a beautiful beach and enjoyed the convenience of leaving our car at the B & B. Nancy allowed us to use her beach chairs and we even rode the B & B's bicycles the next morning. We enjoyed the country charm of the chickens and the cats, which made us feel right at home. We will definitely come back. The inn is so close to the Pt Judith Ferry, it's a lovely AND convenient location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
La Grange, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at Best Kept Secret for a long weekend stay with our 2 college-aged children. It was VERY relaxing with the lovely porch, the company of several friendly cats and chickens, and warm hospitality of the hosts Nancy and Tom. We occupied both rooms for 2 of our 3 nights, which was really nice basically having the place all to ourselves. However, the night we squeezed all of us into one room worked out just fine-- though tight, 4 adults were able to sleep on the bed, the pullout couch and a nice foam mattress on the floor. The breakfasts were all delicious, and our food preferences were accommodated without issue. Tom also made a delicious cake for us one day to enjoy throughout the day! We were able to borrow bikes and beach chairs. The beach is really just a 5 minute walk. Tom and Nancy helped guide us to good bike rides and restaurants and accommodated us even on the day that we checked out. Overall, it was a lovely weekend at a wonderful B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nancy and Tom are very welcoming. The 2 available rooms are in their home. You will meet their cats and chickens. The house is very close to the beach and a moment's drive from the ferry to Block Island. Nancy kindly offered to drive me to the ferry and was more than willing to provide extra services that were above and beyond a typical B&B. I stayed here one night on my return journey. The room prices are a welcome change from the nightly rates in and around Newport.

Eastern Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a lovely B&B! The Best Kept Secret is very welcoming and an ideal place to stay if you want to be within walking distance of the ocean without feeling like a tourist. You are in a residential neighbourhood and quickly feel right at home.

I stayed in the smaller "Blue Room” which was cozy without being cramped. The room and the bathroom were immaculate. Although the bathroom was not ensuite, it was located immediately next to the room and still felt very private.

I normally seek out B&Bs with resident cats and I was not disappointed! There are three affectionate cats on the premises, who will spend time with you if you make a fuss over them. They especially like to hang out on the porch. So did I. I had a fun and busy schedule, meeting friends for meals, geocaching and touring around, so it was nice to lounge on the covered porch with a book and a purring cat to unwind an hour or so in the afternoon.

I did not have breakfast as I was meeting friends for brunch both mornings. However, I was offered tasty snacks in the evenings.

Nancy designs and makes quilts, some of which are hung in the house. The one hanging over the stairs is especially gorgeous.

Visitors should know that there are stairs to climb, both to get into the house and to get to your room.

Thanks to Nancy and Tom (and Señor Wences, Bo Didley and Bean) for a great stay.

Room Tip: The Blue room is great for a single person or couple. Although the bathroom is in the hall, it is ri...
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We made a last minute decision to take a few day vacation in Narragansett and were lucky to stumble upon Best Kept Secret B&B. The room was very clean and spacious, with private bath. A quick 2 block walk to the beach made it very convenient. Nancy and Tom were very welcoming and helpful with giving local tips for restaurants and plans in Narragansett.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am writing about “Best Kept Secret” bed and breakfast in Narragansett. I needed a respite from my life in New Jersey and wanted a few days near the ocean. I heard about this B & B from a relative, and it sounded just like what I was looking for! I took a train to Kingston, and my gracious hostess Nancy picked me up and took me to my beautiful, sparkling, clean room with its private bathroom and salty ocean breeze.
The house is on a quiet street just a 5-minute walk to one of Narragansett’s most beautiful beaches. I had the smaller of the two rooms for rent--it was sumptuous for a single person, and quite large enough for two.
Breakfast was wonderful every day. There were fresh eggs from Nancy’s chickens and my healthy food choices were graciously accommodated.
I spent time on the beautiful porch reading while the sea breeze cooled the day, and thoroughly enjoyed the quiet and peaceful ambience. Nancy and Tom are such terrific hosts -generous and willing to share their knowledge of the area. Beach walks overlooking the rocky coast nearby, the fishing village, ferry to Block Island and abundant wild flower gardens in the neighborhood fulfilled my photographic expectations.
This Best Kept Secret should be on your list if you have discerning taste, it is a real find!

Carole Lane
Woodland Park, NJ

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#3 of 4 in Misquamicut
3.5 of 5 stars 222 reviews

Been to Best Kept Secret B & B? Share your experiences!