“Charming B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Narragansett B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Charming B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed for a night while passing through the area. Our room was clean and cozy. There is a cute outdoor area / garden which is very peaceful. Marie was *wonderful* and helpful with making recommendations about places to see and eat. She cooked us a delicious homemade breakfast in the morning which we shared with other guests who were kind and return customers. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My finance and I recently stayed here for 4 nights. We could not speak highly enough of the caretaker, Marie, and the service we received. It felt like we were right at home! She really goes above and beyond to make your stay the best that it can be. She offered us great tips on outings etc. for our trip, and made outstanding breakfasts each morning! We also met the owner, Patti, who was very nice and made sure our stay was going well. We will definitely be returning to this B&B next time we are in RI!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have been coming here since my daughter started at URI 4 years ago. It has been the warmest most welcoming place I could have ever found. It's very clean and comfortable and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I truly feel it is my place at Narragansett beach. It's close to beaches, and some great restaurants are within walking distance. (PJ's pub is awesome). Patti and Marie are eager to please. From breakfast to hospitality,They can't seem to do enough for you. My daughter graduated this year and I brought my entire family, including my 81 year old mom. Marie offered to stay with mom so that my aunt didn't have to stay behind. My aunt was able to go to my daughters ceremony with us. She helped feed and dress her so we could take her to the restaurant for our celebration dinner after the ceremony which would have been too much for her to sit through. How many hotels would do that?? Thank you Patti and Marie you helped make my daughters 4 years Memorable!! The great thing is she's staying in RI so I know I'll be back!! xoxo Angie and family xoxo

Room Tip: The king room downstairs or the 2 bedroom apartment upstairs are extremely comfortable for families...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed 3 nites. Property was nice. Adequate sized room, could be improved by getting rid of extra furniture. Minor complaint that bed is very hard ... I have a sensitive back. Beautiful garden with pet chickens! Marie and Patti were very accommodating. Great breakfasts. Would be happy to recommend and stay here again. Narragansett is a quaint town, close to good beaches, lobster.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

What we liked?
Marie the host was very welcoming and most helpful in rapidly solving problem with mildewy towels. A good cook she prepared a terrific breakfast, above average in quantity and quality.
What we did not like?
The bedroom was overcrowded with useless furniture making it difficult to circulate with luggage and move safely to the bathroom at night, it was overdecorated with knick knacks, somewhat in a state of disrepair (frayed and smelly towels, roller blinds dried out, mattress soft and springy, garbage under window). Place could be improved +++ with just a little TLC, less furniture and «decorations» and still retain charm and character.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife & I stayed at Shepard's for our 25th anniversary. I saw all the great reviews & figured to give it a try. Super friendly staff and owner, Patty, who also is the breakfast chef. Did not know what to expect, as it was our 1st B&B stay. Well to make a long review shorter, it was great!! Very comfortable bed, a large common room with huge T.V, and a garden area out the back door. Breakfast was super, and held us over until 4 pm. Any question's just ask Patty, she's been to just about every place around there. We were on our way back home 10/1/13, and were trying to figure out if we want to go back in the spring or fall or both. Will be going back for sure, thank you Patty. It is close to many things, and in the off-season, no traffic jams at all. Kurt & Angela Kleeberg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, the first stop of our honeymoon. What a great place to start :) the owner, Kerri is soo nice! Made us feel right at home. The room was amazing, lots of space, very clean. The breakfast was wonderful, we warmly recommend staying at sheppards.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Sheppard's Place? Share your experiences!