Literally right across the street from Scarborough Beach, this motel was great! Every room has an ocean view and the couple that owns the place is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and parking is convenient. Very family oriented place. Each room has a small porch outside so you can enjoy the views. Very close to shopping in Narragansett and pretty views at Point Judith. Only a few things to note if you do go: 1. bath towels are small so you might want to bring your own. 2. The motel gets hardly any cell phone service (walk down the street and you'll have full service but don't expect to make any calls from your room) 3. The TV didn't get a huge variety of channels - but with the beach right across the street who wants to stay in the room and watch television??
- Also Known As:
- The Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- The Anchor Hotel
- Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- Anchor Motel Rhode Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Scarborough State Beach; a few steps across the small two-lane road and you are on the beach! Fifteen immaculate rooms each with an ocean view and a private deck. Non-smoking motel, great for guests of all ages. Rooms have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), bathroom, refrigerator, AC/heater, cable TV, and wireless internet. Close to the Block Island ferry, the historic towers, Point Judith Lighthouse, and the University of Rhode Island. Continental breakfast served daily. ... more less