“Nice place-Friendly people-just around the corner to the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Shell Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Misquamicut
Sea Shell Motel
Save Saved
You added Sea Shell Motel to your Saves list
19 Winnapaug Road, Misquamicut, Westerly, RI 02891   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Misquamicut
Catskill
“Nice place-Friendly people-just around the corner to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

A very nice place to stay. Very Clean! Very friendly staff. A little tight on space but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. Beautiful view of Salt Pond in back. Five minute walk to beach. If we go back to Westerly would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Bring an iron with you. Welcomed pets.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was a little worried when we pulled up, all we could hear was loud bass from the bar up the street. Once in our room though, it was blissfully quiet. The room was small but very clean with a fridge and microwave. The bathroom is small but the shower had great pressure and was also very clean. The staff is outstanding, friendly, informative, extremely helpful. We didn't use the paddleboat or canoe but they are available and free. The hotel is right on the salt pond with a nice common area out back with picnic tables and grills for guest use. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Northfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel was pretty good. I thought the room and bathroom were very small. But was clean. I was a little disappointed that the motel really was not on the beach, but it was not very far. We were able to walk there in a couple minutes. The weather was very rainy so there was not a ton of people there. I don't care for beaches that are covered with people. So I'm not sure how it would be in great weather. Also I felt that the motel was a bit expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: The bathroom and shower were very small so if anyone is the least bit on the large side, there will...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

This was our first stay and the Sea Shell is everything prior reviews indicated. Clean , simple and inexpensive. The staff is super friendly, the town in general is very friendly. Misquamicut is like Cape May, NJ. Perfect for kids, nice ocean beach with decent surf. We would go back.

• Stayed July 2012
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Sea Shell is my favorite place to stay when coming up to misquamicut for a night or weekend beach trip. The Sea Shell has a great staff who are willing to help you with anything you need. The backyard is awesome for hanging out after the beach. I have used the grill in the back as well as the awesome paddle boat that you can take around the lake. Its extremely nice and relaxing at the Sea Shell. The rooms are very clean and the price is reasonable. I won't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Central Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here off season: in April 2011. First off, I totally recommend doing this. We had some gorgeous weather and the huge beach all to ourselves. It wasn't warm enough to swim obviously, but it was warm enough to sit happily on the beach with a book and listen to the gulls and the waves. We got to unwind in a big way. As I recall from my youth, summer is a very different scene here, and probably not something my husband and I would enjoy.

The Sea Shell Motel was perfect for us. It is not fancy, but it is clean and one road over from the beach. We got a great off-season price, and the owner (a man whose name I don't recall) was very friendly. The back yard has this great view over a tidal river or inlet, and if you get up really early in the morning you may get treated to a quite lovely sunrise and probably see a Great Blue Heron, too. Everything was peaceful peaceful peaceful.

I think this one place was the only thing open around there in April. Of course, that means you have to drive into town to get meals, and to make your own entertainment. But that was fine with us. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, so we could do some meals there. We also went to Mystic Connecticut one day -- the Aquarium is a great rainy day activity. And there are really all kinds of gorgeous spots to explore all along that part of the sea coast. The Sea Shell Motel was a great home base for our trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I love staying here...the rooms are simple and clean, you can bring your pets, and there is a really nice backyard with a grill, hot tub and boats you can use...The only negative thing is that you can hear EVERYTHING your next door and upstairs neighbors are doing.....very little insulation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sea Shell Motel? Share your experiences!