“Clean and pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Misquamicut
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Clean and pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here with my two kids during a heat wave, so our main concerns were that the pool was open and the air-conditioning worked. It's a clean, unpretentious, pleasant small inn in a nondescript stucco building in a really pretty area. I think it's good value for the area as you can pay more for basically the same type of lodging if you are even a little closer to the Misquamicut beach area or Watch Hill. The rooms have a small fridge and small balconies. The pool supplied towels. The pool water was a bit warm for me, and as it was so hot it would have been more refreshing if it was just a little colder, but if you like your pool water warm you'd like it. The one thing I would tell management is that they need to upgrade their bedding, regardless of it being a not luxurious place. The sheets felt like what you get in a hospital--as in not cotton at all and not fitted, just flat on the bottom and hence kept hiking up over the mattress, and the blankets were frankly horrid, thin and with an unpleasant texture. But the room itself was clean, the common areas were clean and had pretty flowers in the beds, and is in a lovely area close to the ocean so that there is usually a sea breeze and there's a little lane next to it that you can stroll down, next to the golf course. There's a free continental breakfast, but I only got coffee as I don't eat anything with gluten. The restaurant next door, that you get a 10% discount for, was very nice,with a full bar and decent wine (hello, glass of cold white wine after driving four hours through traffic and horrible heat) and good Italian seafood. I'll stay here again, as we have family in the area and we love this corner of Connecticut/Rhode Island. I should add: everyone we encountered--desk clerk, woman cleaning the rooms, people working at the breakfast room--were friendly and polite, and my children felt welcome and were smiled at, things that are important to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the golf course side, if they have any. The view onto the parking lot isn't ba...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NDWRI, Public Relations Manager at Winnapaug Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at Winnapaug Inn while vacationing in Misquamicut/Westerly. We will look into the linens of the room where you stayed and will make the necessary changes. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Niskayuna, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Third time staying here, lovely place. Rooms are clean, free wifi, pool is beautiful. Friendly staff, breakfast every morning: muffins, english muffins, cereal, juice, coffee, bbq on Tuesday nights at the pool! I would highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NDWRI, Public Relations Manager at Winnapaug Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Your comments are greatly appreciated. Its has been a pleasure having you as guest and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed there for two nights with two of my granddaughters and my seven year old great grandson June 2013. We all enjoyed our stay very much. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful as were the housekeeping staff. I really enjoyed speaking with the owners wife, she was so pleasant and friendly. At first we did have trouble unlocking our door but once we figured out how to turn the key the right way we were all set. I was going to book a room in July but I only wanted two nights on the weekend and was unable to because it is peak season and there is a 3 night minimum which I can understand. Room was very clean and my great grandson loved being on the golf course since he loves to play. Joanne T.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent one night at the Winnapaug Inn, our first time in the area. My husband said that the woman who checked him in was curt. The room was fine, however dated. I got a WiFi signal but it could have been from a neighbor as there was no paperwork stating Internet services. We ate in the Venice Restaurant next door and it was very good. Breakfast included warm muffins, English muffins, two types of cereals, orange juice and coffee. I got the feeling that it is family owned and operated with repeat customers. The woman in the breakfast room was very friendly. I will say that our friends had tried to call for a reservation about a month ago and never got an answer to her calls....perhaps on the off season people aren't in the office every day.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wonderful family run inn and restaurant next door called Venice. A perfect romantic getaway in the off-season. Nice clean room, great double size tub/jacuzzi. Comfortable bed and room with a lovely water view. The SkyBar at the restaurant offers succulent meals, with obvious attention to fresh flavors and homecooking. We met the owner Anna adding some fresh items to the simple continental breakfast. Her family has poured heart and soul into this business and it shows. Look forward to another weekend soon. Nice Rhode Island treasure.

Room Tip: Try the Junior Suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Winnapaug Inn for the first time.. We were very satisfied with our stay. The room was very comfortable and clean. We were greeted by a very nice young lady at the reception desk. The cost was reasonable and well worth the money. Next morning we went for continental breakfast. It was late in the season and were surprised that they were still offering this service. We met the owner Anna who give us the history of the place. She told us that the place is family owned by Anna and her husband. Apparently, the same families have been returning year of year as they like the family atmosphere. Overall, we were very satisfied with the place and would return.

Room Tip: We recently stayed at the Winnapaug Inn for the first time.. We were very satisfied with our stay. T...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Old, dated rooms. Terrible bedding. Dead bugs on the floor. I have never stayed in a nastier hotel room in my life. I would never stay here again- even if they paid me to come back. Trust me, do not spend your money at this place!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Winnapaug Inn? Share your experiences!