“Nice, but not a whole lot of activities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezeway Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Misquamicut
Breezeway Resort
Save Saved
You added Breezeway Resort to your Saves list
70 Winnapaug Rd, Misquamicut, Westerly, RI 02891   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Misquamicut
Bronx, NY
“Nice, but not a whole lot of activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice. A little pricey when you are required to pay for children as extra occupants. I was looking for more to do with my kids around town. Got a little boring for the kids. Town website is a little misleading as we thought the waterpark and boardwalk area was larger, offered more.

• Stayed August 2012
JBWRI, General Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks for trying The Breezeway and for your comments. It seems we missed the mark a bit in your case and we are sorry to hear that.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had to cancel my reservation due to a medical emergency this SO CALLED FAMILY RESORT.

Did not show the least bit of caring for my problem. All they cared about was keeping my deposit. Even after 20 people from my family were able to go and believe me they would not ever go back or recommend this resort to anyone.

If a business can not bend there rules for a serious reason like mine how can they care about the guests they serve. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bonnie:
We are sorry your experience left a bad impression of our property nwith you and your family. While I cannot say that I'm familiar with what occured, it's clear we could have been a bit more understanding no matter what our cancelation policy states.

(Reservations / Deposits: The greater of one nights room and tax
or 50% deposit is required at booking. Please be advised that
online bookings charge 50% automatically and we will charge the
balance of one night reservations manually. Confirmation will be
sent to you by e-mail. We regret that deposits on early departures
will not be refunded.
Cancelation: A $35 fee is applied to all cancelations.
Rooms & suites canceled 15 days prior to arrival will be
fully refunded minus the fee. Resort credit will be issued to guests
canceling between 15 and 7 days of arrival. Deposits are forfeited
on reservations canceled with 7 days of arrival.)

We do have a lovely facilitty and are very sorry you weren't able to enjoy it.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Relaxing Getaway Weekend.. 10/6~10/8

Actually came upon this Resort as I was browsing Nordic Lodge's site, re: Buffet hours and Rate... Lo & Behold, after reading all the Special offers by Breezeway Resort, I decided to make a weekend trip, also it being a Holiday on that Monday!!

Driving onto the Resort's property, I was amazed by the Beautiful layout: Water Fountains w/Sculptures, Manicured Lawns & Trees, Lounging Chairs...

We were greeted by a very friendly, helpful woman @ the Welcome Desk! Check~in was quick.. Received a Cute Welcome Gift, along with 2 Tickets to the Nordic Lodge! (Included in package, but that was my reason for going)..

We drove to the Beach, parking in Breezway's private parking area.... Took pics (posting soon).. Let's just, although it was an overcast, it felt Refreshing to walk on the Beach with that Special Someone ;)

Suppose to talk about the Resort, right?? Very Clean Room.. The bed looked a little small to me (maybe a Double), but it was Comfortable & Cozy!! Free WiFi... Great Service!
Didn't take advantage of the Outdoor Heated Pool! But drove into the 'town' for a few snacks, a movie, and dinner..
Nice Scenic drive to Nordic Lodge on Sunday!! Just say we were the last to leave.. Very Pleasant Reception!! Fresh Hot Food!! Yummy Desserts!!

Hung out in our room the remainder of the night.. watching flicks!! Quiet Resort... So quiet, we didn't know it was raining!!

We, both, agreed we'd return during warmer seasons, but I'm sure it's going to be Crowded... Hmmmmmm

Overall, highly recommended for any type of Getaway: Couples, Girls, or Anniversary!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your rave review. Our entire staff works hard and it is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you nexrt time you visit the Nordic Lodge. Best wishes!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ended up at Breezeway after finding out the "Inn" we originally booked was horrifying!! Anyway the lady at the front desk ( sorry I do not remember your name) was very helpful. She even took the time to show me the room before I booked, to ease my nerves from the room I saw at the "Inn".
The grounds were manicured, the room was spacious, clean and beautiful. I would recommend this resort to friends and family.
Thank you to the staff for accommodating us at the last minute.

Jenine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad we were able to turn your vacation into a positive experience! Thanks a million for your comment.
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great weather, cordial staff, clean and neat room, manicured grounds, beautiful pool, great beach, nice breakfast, all this adds up to a relaxing 4 day stay at the Breezeway. Looking forward to next September! It would be nice if internet access reached all rooms but this did not spoil a fantastic vacation.

Room Tip: Pool side is very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
If we could only have sunshine everyday...wouldn't that be something?

Thanks so much for your comments. We are looking into expanding wifi to the guest rooms, but after some research the investment to achieve this is far higher than we can justify at the time being. While maybe not as convenient, we do offer wifi in our lobby for free. Thaks you and we hope to see you in 2013.
Willington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here over labor day weekend and the motel is beautiful. The only issue I had is its a long walk to the beach ( if you dont want to drive to their lot) and they tried to charge us an extra 20.00 a night for use of a crib. So bring your own pack n play if you don't want to be charged. I would have brought my own if they told me this when I made the reservation on their webpage but it doesn't say anything on there about an extra charge. There is no wireless internet in the rooms either. You have to go in the main office to access the internet which was inconvenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for your comments and for selecting the Breezeway.
Our main property is located 3 blocks or 3/10ths of 1 mile to our own stretch of private beach which is for the use of Breezeway guests only. We are contmeplating a shuttle to the beach for added concenience actually. We do apologize you were not made aware of the crib charge. The rates are posted on our website and a total quoted price should be communicated at time of booking. We have offered free wifi to our guests for a few years now. As time goes on we realize how important it is for guests to enjoy wifi in their rooms or throughout the property, Since our proerty is spread out over 5 acres and in 9 seperate buildings it is far to expensive to add this amenity right now. We have taken note of each of your issues and appreciate the cahnce to address them. have a great summer of 2013.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We just spent four glorious days at this wonderful resort. It was much more than we expected. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. Since the season was over the beach was nearly empty with a spotless bathroom for our use. Our room was clean and spacious, with a view of the pool. The bed quite comfortable and the bathroom amenities were better than most hotels of this caliber. Breakfast was also generous with homemade muffins and bagels freshly replenished as needed. The grounds are well manicured and kept up every morning. We will be looking forward to returning next summer for the same week if possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very happy you enjoyed your visit with us this past September and look forward to your return. September is probably the best month to visit as the crowds have diminished and the ocean water is perfect as well.

Been to Breezeway Resort? Share your experiences!