“Clean water, nice beach, a little crowded” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: Rhode Island's largest and most popular beach will be handicap accessible.
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Clean water, nice beach, a little crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The water yesterday was great- a little cold, but very clean and the waves were good enough to have fun, but not huge. The sand was also nice. The beach was a little crowded (I guess that would be expected for a Sunday), but we had a great time anyway. I wish the area right next to the beach were slightly more organized though. There are restaurants and small snack shaks, but they could have looked better. Overall, I would definitely go there again! Oh, and you won't find free parking. You would have to pay between $25 and $30 to park your car.

Visited July 2013

Tiverton, Rhode Island
6 attraction reviews
“Big Waves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

It is a great beach with big waves good for body surfing. It was pretty sandy not too many rocks or seaweed. We had a wonderful time

Visited July 2013
5 attraction reviews
“HUGH WAVES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

bring a "boogie board" if your kids can swim well and watch them at all times. Waves are fabulous !!!

Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking Beach...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I enjoyed a nice leisure vacation in New England. I traveled to this beach and was pleasantly surprised by its beauty. I must admit, I am used to southern beaches (Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic side), so I was surprised at the lack of shells and the predominence of rocks! But I am a person who appreciates all facets of nature. I enjoyed it. The water was cool and not too hot like my southern beaches. We had a nice time and I recommend this beach to anyone traveling to Rhode Island. As a matter of fact, I am going back in a couple of weeks, so this will be one of my stops for sure!

Visited June 2012
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
4 attraction reviews
“The Worst...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

To fairly rate Misquamicut beach you must first ask yourself what you're looking for as to a day at the beach. If its something loud, crowded, expensive, not at all pretty, rather on the filthy side that you are hankerin' for, this is the place for you. On the other hand if you are thinking along the lines of something out of a Robert Frost poem or Summer Of 42, than this place will leave you screaming into the night... Misquamicut reminds me of Malibu, or the Jersey shore you see in movies. Intensely crowded, dirty, seedy atmosphere of bars and obnoxious people, loud barkers and announcements all day long, ugly beach, expensive, food that cost next to highway robbery, and of course drunks, no matter what time a day it is. Honestly, I really don't understand the draw of this place for anyone but the young and stupid. For families, it draws you in with the crappy couple of amusement rides they have and the carnival style atmosphere of barkers yelling about their wares, but trust me. It sucks. I suggest you drive past it as fast as you can and go to either one of the Charlestown beaches, or better yet, Sand Hill Cove in Narragansett. It's no Summer of 42, but it also wouldn't make Robert Frost throw up either. Quiet, nice ride, and none of the liabilities... Misquamicut is nothing but an overpriced noisy and dirty farce...

Visited August 2012