“Girls Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa One Twenty

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Villa One Twenty
120 Miantonomi Avenue, Newport/, Middletown, RI 02842   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Middletown B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Girls Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I can't say enough about Villa one Twenty and the owner Ms. Corrina Britten. This was my second trip to the Villa and now it's the only place I will be staying while visiting newport. I shared the Villa with 7 other friends and had a blast! Loved waking up to Corinna's delicious breakfast served in the Royal Dinning Room. The service was TOP-NOTCH! I really felt as though I was treated like a queen! I especially like the location, very close to downtown yet far enough away to have a peaceful night sleep and free parking. Corrina had recommended restaurants, mansion tours, best shopping areas, and where to park. You will not be disappointed staying in this beautiful mansion in one of my favorite resorts. Corinna will touch your heart....she is a sweetheart.

Room Tip: All rooms are goreous, but Ruby room is my favorite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

To say the Villa One Twenty was lovely and accommodating would be an understatement. We arrived in mid-September and the town was relatively quiet. Corinna was very helpful by telling us what to do in Newport and about the restaurants. The villa was very tastefully decorated and we were treated like "royalty." The breakfast was delicious and included homemade treats by Corinna. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed there three nights just after the labor day weekend. The house looks how it is pictured. It is very well decorated and looked as an interior design magazine front page. Corrina was very friendly and helpful about the stuff to do around and the best places to eat in Newport. The rooms are very clean, large and comfortable. It doesn't feel like a hotel as everything is home quality from the toilet paper to the bath towels. The breakfast is very nice with homemade cakes, granola and jam. The location is great as it is outside of the noisy harbor area, but still not far from it (2 min drive).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clayton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We drove from South Jersey (which was not bad at all!)...The ride was pretty relaxing. My husband & I were celebrating our 4yr Anniversary and wanted to go somewhere peaceful and tranquil...Guess What! We found it!! When we arrived to Rhode Island, I turned into a little child looking around, amazed at the beauty! Rhode Island is gorgeous! Then we arrive at Villa One Twenty: The pictures do not lie! Corrina did not clean the house then take pictures...that is how the house looks! Perfect atmosphere! We felt welcomed as soon as we got there. Corrina gave us a map with great suggestions of where to go. My husband and I had a wonderful time on Thames St., Ocean Drive, and on the boats. To hang out and enjoy the night-life outside and then return inside this beautiful home (Villa One Twenty) was the icing on the cake. Her home is cozy, beautiful, RELAXING & COMFORTABLE! Breakfast was delicious every morning: The Blueberry French Toast was a hit for me!! Corrina even remembered my special requests...thanks Corrina :) Overall we HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS B&B to everyone! Corrina, we wish you & your daughters nothing but greatness and success in your life!

Room Tip: I honestly believe its a win/win with any of the rooms! ENJOY!!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Wonderful B&B, away from the noise and crowd of Newport. We drove into Newport, only 5 minutes away. Corinna was very friendly, professional and helpful during our stay. Rooms were comfortable. Best part of the stay, was the breakfast! Absolutely amazing. Look forward to our next stay.

New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Before I begin, it is probably helpful to readers if I disclose that I am extremely picky about almost everything; in fact, this is only the second time I have ever felt the need to express how grateful I am about any experience. Simply put: if you're staying somewhere else in Newport, you're missing a magical experience and a great value.

So, this is the way my girlfriend described it: luxury and comfort with a feel of home. We came here for a few nights to spend time in Newport, and we're pretty sure we found the best spot. Corinna, our host, was extremely knowledgeable regarding Newport, supplying us with information about quiet beaches, the best places to eat, things to do, and how to most efficiently navigate the city. She made wonderful, highly unique breakfasts, and made us feel very welcomed. She also has a great sense of humor. Soft jazz music resonated througout the inn in the morning and late afternoon.

The entire inn was immaculately clean, tastefully decorated, and luxuriously modern, yet simultaneously evoked a quaint Colonial New England charm. In our room - the Sapphire Room - I especially loved the interior window shutters that folded into the wall, while my girlfriend fell in love with the overall decor (and she's an interior designer). The four-post bed was firm, but very comfortable, even though we sleep on a softer mattress at home. The dresser, tables, chairs, light fixtures, and bathroom were all unique and beautiful and, while they were not brand new, they had a very charming appeal. I will take them over typical hotel furniture all day. There was a small cable television and a large closet containing a refrigerator, ironing board, iron, and a coffee/tea machine. While it might sound strange to have these in the closet, it made perfect sense: the closet was huge, and it allowed the room to maintain its tasteful Colonial charm. The room was also air conditioned, although the nights in August were cool enough that we didn't turn it on. Two crystal wine glasses set on a coffee table were replaced each day with clean ones. All of the sheets, pillow cases, towels, cloths, and bathroom mats were white and were spotless, which was comforting. The bathrooms were clean and comfortable, and as strange as it might sound, the soap was even nice. The sink and bathtub were spotless and had no discolored grout..

Breakfast was served between 8:30 and 10:00, and each morning presented a new surprise. Corinna prepared warm, fresh, flavored croissants one morning and blueberry French toast the next. There was amazing homemade granola, yogurt with fresh fruit, cheeses, Italian meats, juice, and fresh fruit. It was all nicely presented in a buffet. Corinna served us coffee and tea, and continuously cleared the table of empty plates. We chatted with other guests, and felt very relaxed and never rushed.

The overall feel of the inn is tough to duplicate, and even tougher to describe. If you're looking to stay at a unique place with character, charm, cleanliness, and luxury at a very fair price and just a mile or two from downtown Newport, stay at Villa One Twenty. Maybe the most meaningful way to share our experience is to say that while hugging Carinna goodbye on our last morning, my girlfriend began to cry because she was so overwhelmed and moved by how well we were treated and how memorable our stay was. We will be back.

Charles and Jess

Room Tip: From talking with other guests at breakfast, it sounds like each room is great and presents its own...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
COCO007_11, Owner at Villa One Twenty, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you to all of you for your kind words and compliments. I so enjoy my job but when so many of you take the time out of your busy schedules to write a review it is very hear warming and very much appreciated.

I so look forward to welcoming you all back and sharing more fun times.

Corinna
Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was racking my brain trying to plan a romantic way to propose to my girlfriend, so when she expressed an interest in a weekend trip to Newport I saw it as the perfect opportunity. Because she is SO particular about comfort and cleanliness, I knew that where we stayed could make or break the whole plan. Villa 120 was amazing! Clean, cozy, spacious and elegant, this B&B is the best of the best. It is in the greatest location for getting to all of the local hotspots, but still offers the essence of a 'getaway.' The owner is so delightful and offered a breakfast that would be hard to find an equal anywhere else. The other guests were such a pleasure to be with and the whole atmosphere was perfect. Naturally, my gf said yes! Thank you Villa 120! We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the entire place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa One Twenty? Share your experiences!