“Much nicer than we expected!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Beach Hotel

You added Atlantic Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Atlantic Beach Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Wave Ave, Middletown, RI 02842 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Middletown
Bloomingdale, Illinois
“Much nicer than we expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Reading previous reviews I thought the hotel would be run down and have a sparse continental breakfast. This was definitely not the case! Our king suite was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Peaceful water few outside our window and a quick walk across the street to the ocean. Breakfast was wonderful, pancakes, sausage, hard boiled eggs, granola, cereals, muffins, danishes and breakfast wraps!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked this hotel for a visit to Newport. It is far cheaper than the hotels in Newport itself, but there is nothing down-market about it - the room was perfectly acceptable and very spacious, though it hasn't been redecorated or refurnished in a long time. We like walking, and we walked from the hotel into the centre of Newport in about 30 minutes. I'm sure there is also public transport available. It is impossible to get lost when walking into Newport because it is just 1 long straight road (though a bit uphill in parts). So staying here at a reduced price (compared to Newport) and leaving the car parked at the hotel was a great solution for a visit to Newport. There is not much available on the complimentary breakfast, buy hey, its free of charge!

Liverpool, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Loved the suite - it was nice to watch TV from a couch rather than a bed. Breakfast was good and we had a table right outside our room that we could eat at. Great location, easy parking, good places to eat right around the corner. Didn't like the room at first so we switched and then realized that the first room was better. We don't usually do anything like that and the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. T

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed there right after labor day for the first time. We have stayed at other hotels and bed and breakfasts in Newport over the years and we were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Granted the property is not new, but is however clean and comfortable at the price we paid. The location is perfect a quick walk to the beach and a few minutes from downtown Newport. The staff was excellent from the Front Desk to the room attendants. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The room is clean , comfortable and has all the amenities you need. Yes some of the furniture is slightly dated but for the price of the room it is much better than many other hotels in the Newport area. If you want luxury then I would suggest other hotels in downtown Newport at least three times the price. I agree the breakfast is the only part of the stay that was less than desirable. Easy fix, within a block away you can get a great breakfast at a restaurant called tickets or on the other corner a café called Rhia's which is good as well and very reasonable prices.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We needed a place to stay for one evening, and this place was perfect - suite, free breakfast, right by the beach. We were charged $98. The room was very clean, the AC worked extremely well, and we were very happy with our stay. The breakfast was questionable, as other reviewers have mentioned, but for the price, this was not beatable. Comfort Inn across the street wanted $150 for a single room - not a suite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel itself was ok, but definitely needs a good renovation. The "complimentary" breakfast is nothing more than cold pancakes and some cereal. My main problem is I left my charger in the room, a small iPhone charger, and they want me to pay almost $10 to ship it to my home in NY. With the rates they charge, they should be able to ship the charger at little or no cost. They clearly aren't practicing good customer service. I absolutely love Newport, but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I always go to Newport during the summer, but booked a hotel last minute this year and ended up here. We were welcomed my the smell of mothballs, armpit, and sour milk and we had to wait at the service desk for half an hour because there was knowone working at the front desk at the time. We were upgraded a room because of the wait. We stayed at a "suite" which when u walked in was at least 90 degrees and smelled really musty. The beds were clean, but the bathrooms still had bleach everywhere. The breakfast the next morning was disgusting! Flys we're all over the food, and after drinking a cup of orange juice there, 5 minutes later got really sick. We went out for the day, and we came to find that knowone had cleaned our room or made our beds, I was fine with that but we had no clean towels left. The next day we skipped the afull breakfast and went out for the while day again. We came back at 10:00 pm and we found the maid's kids in our room delivering new towels, and the maid sitting on our unmade beds. At that point we didn't spend the extra night and just went home. I am think about calling the board of Heath if this is not fixed. I also forgot to mention, the pool… DISGUSTING! It was coated with a layer of dust and the water was brown. I couldn't believe it. I'm never going back to this place ever again!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!