“Nice little find!” 4 of 5 stars

401-847-6230
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 25 things to do in Middletown
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel history come alive at this charming country setting featuring an 1812 windmill and other historic buildings. Feed the ducks and geese at the pond. Bring a picnic and enjoy the grounds. Visit the period kitchen and herb gardens created by Master Gardeners from University of RI. Explore the open green space and walking trails. Grounds are open daily dawn to dusk.
Raleigh, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice little find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really liked the history of the farm. While we were there, they were making johnnycakes that everyone could sample plus apple cider, and there was a group playing music that would have been played when the farm was in operation. It was as if we had stepped back in time.

Visited October 2012

Portsmouth, RI
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A View of Colonial life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

On a busy state road but the minute you turn into Prescott Farm you are transported to another era. This was an important Revolutionary War site, a working farm until the 1950s and now a great place to get close to an historic windmill, a little colonial house and lovely grounds and gardens. The children will enjoy feeding the rambling geese too.

I can add a little history about the small house you will see at the front of the property near the road. This house was on property in Portsmouth which my father bought in 1948. The story we were told about this little house included its colonial origins and that the last ferry captain of the Bristol Ferry was born in it in the 19th century. While we never confirmed the story the little house was important enough that my family sold it to the group re-inventing the farm property sometime in the late 20th century. The outside has been painted; I always knew it as an old shingled rundown house that I played in as a child. That is why I always nod my head to it when I drive by it.

Go to Prescott Farm for a respite from modern day tourism, you will not regret doing so!

Visited September 2012
Tiverton, Rhode Island
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a little known spot in Middletown. It is a great place to bring children. We recently visited and brought our children to feed the ducks. My son also enjoyed seeing a goose walk by. There is no admission and is a great place to take photos.

Seekonk, MA
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Prescott Farm - Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Beautiful! Love Old Historic Windmills. It was something to show the kids. The grounds are free and open to the public daily dawn to dusk. A must see if you are in the area. See website for history.

Visited September 2011