“Excellent wines!” 5 of 5 stars

North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I went to Newport to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary and on our way back home we stopped at Newport Vineyards. We did a testing on some wines and we bought 2 bottles of wine. The quality and price of the bottles of wine are excellent. The service was excellent. We couldn't do the tour because we went in the morning and the tours are in the afternoon. Maybe we will do it the next time that we visit Newport.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Hidden Jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our hotel had brochures for the vineyard, which offered daily tours. Even though it was a cold February day, we braved it and it turned into a delightful afternoon. There were 6 hearty souls who tromped out to see the sleeping vines. Our tour guide, Matt, was very knowledgeable and his love for the vineyard came through. I learned a great deal about how wine is made and processed, and now I truly appreciate the lengthy process before the wine gets to the consumer. Of course, the best part of the visit was the tasting! For $15 you got 6 tastes of the wines of your choice and a glass with the vineyard logo. Matt explained about each of the wines as he was pouring. I was surprised at the quality of the wine, and brought several bottles to take home with me. The wines are reasonably priced and delicious. Do yourself a favor if you are a wine lover and stop by the Newport Vineyard.

Boston
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Enjoyed Ourselves!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stopped into Newport Vineyards to do a tasting on our way to Newport. It was the beginning of the February blizzard and the snow was already flying. We called to make sure they were open and although they were closing early they said we could still stop in. We had a Groupon for a wine tasting and even though it was expired they allowed us to use it anyway which was great! The guy that assisted us was very knowledgeable and did a great job describing the wines off of the list that we were able to choose from. My girlfriend and I were each able to pick 5 different wines from the list to sample. He told us if there were any others that jumped out at us it would be no problem to try those as well. I'm more partial to whites than reds and I'm by no means a wine connoisseur but I enjoyed all of the ones that I sampled. We ended up buying 4 different bottles and they are reasonably priced. If you are in the area and have 30 minutes to kill then I'd certainly recommend stopping in for a tasting.

Hartford, Connecticut
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Excellent Wine Choices at Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided to visit the winery on a sunday before going to the casino. For $12 we were able to get a wine tour, taste 5 different wines, and keep a souvenier glass. They also have 3 more expensive blends that you could try for $1 each, without that counting against the 5 choices you get for the original $12. I'm not a huge fan of red wine, but some of the white wines were excellent. My favorite was the Great White, which is one of their top selling brands. I believe it was only around $11 dollars per bottle retail, which is really inexpensive. The winery also cuts deals if you buy in larger quantities. If memory serves me correctly, you received $6 off when you bought six bottles. If you buy a case, you become part of some club where you receive a percentage off that case ( I believe it was 10 percent) and any other case you buy in the future. By buying the case you also get free wine tastings for 2 for life and emails for deals and events. If you're a wine drinker, it is an amazing deal.

However, be advised that they do not serve food there. There is a small eatery next door that we heard was amazing for sandwiches and light fare, but they are NOT open on Sundays, so plan accordingly and don't go on an empty stomach like we did!

Visited December 2012
Portland,Me
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Made a stop here on our way back to Maine after a nice date weekend with my wife. Did the tasting and tour which was kind of cool, kinda OK. The tasting was GREAT, the tour was informational, which I guess is the idea of it. Would have liked to be here during the summer or early fall to see the harvest going on, that would have been quite cool. Either way, all the folks there were VERY nice, VERY knowledgeable of their product and the wine itself is VERY,VERY good. Had to take a couple bottles home it was that good.

Visited October 2012