“Best breakfast in town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 88 Restaurants in Middletown
Newport, RI
“Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great family owned and run......fun place to eat......lunch is also very goodf along with their winter friday nite dinners

Visited April 2013

Hartsdale, New York
“Great Local Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just got back from a little getaway, saw this place on a Sunday morning and decided to stop by for breakfast with my wife and sister-in-law. I couldn't of made a better choice. The food was excellent. I had the sweet bread french toast with bacon. Didn't even have to use the syrup! The waitress was friendly the coffee was nice and strong. It was definitely a local place, but I felt like part of the community inside. My wife, who is Filipina did say that when she entered first, she felt like everyone stopped and looked at her though! Aside from that, we loved the place. If ever I go back there, I will definitely stop by again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“When you don't feel like cooking breakfast for yourself and you don't want to spend a lot, head to Chelsea's.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Chelsea's isn't going to wow you with their service and intricate breakfast options. If that is what you're looking for from this quaint family diner, you are foolish. They are your neighbors making your standard eggs and bacon, quickly and on the cheap. This area needs a few low key places you can go when you're in pajama mode!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rhode Island
“Best homecooked meals ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

After hearing from the locals to stop by and try this restaurant we[my hubby, myself and 3 children] decided to give 'em a try... 1st I must say that the options were endless and fully accomidated our family, hearty 2 pancakes 2 bacon 2 eggs and side of homefries for dad , a waffle for mom different egg omlettes for children and cereal for my youngest...
Once we were through our server told us about the fresh made soups offered each day as well as daily lunch specials so we made a plan to visit the very next day this time for lunch and let me tell you it was AWESOME!! the homestyle freshly made corn chowder was to die for. The children had fries and burgers and my husband and I had the fresh turkey dinner plate. It was nothing short of delicious...We will definetly make chelsea's our new family restraunt the food is wonderful and the service is GREAT!! mom and pop kinda place...And very affordable..Thanks chelsea's we'll be back!!!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Rude service and regretful food. A waste of your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

We gave this place a shot because we drove by it and saw it served breakfast- a huge mistake. It turned out to be just one headache after another. The staff saw no problem shouting past your head to talk to people they knew behind you while you were trying to eat, or disturbing the paper you were reading in you hands by putting glasses and cups for other guests on top of it on the corner of the counter. We ordered waffles and pancakes and were disgusted by both. The pancakes tasted like powder. No amount of butter or syrup could save them. The waffles looked like they took them out of a box, and the fruit was pathetic. They told us the fruit was frozen. Part of the strawberries were still ice cold when they were served. We were clearly disappointed with our food and expressed so, not even finishing half of our plates, and the staff offered no sympathy. When we paid our bill in full, we didn't even get a thank you, a goodbye, or an apology for the food. In addition, we saw two staff members eating in the cooking area right in front of us. I don't think I've ever been anywhere where the staff were so condescending and lacked even the most basic of customer service skills. And based on the serving sizes, I definitely have gotten a better value from other restaurants in Newport and Middletown. The stomach aches from the food we did try ended about three hours after we got home. Save your time and money.