“Cute place, tasty food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Cute place, tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Flo's for lunch on our tour of New England. First the parking lot is tight. From there you walk on the side of the building and wait in line to order. We visited around noon so it took about 30 minutes to order, and we ordered two cups of clam chowder, a lobster roll, and the fried clam strips. I agree with another reviewer the clam chowder was not as thick as I was expecting, but the flavor was great. My husband could barely speak while eating the lobster roll he enjoyed it so much, and the clam strips were the best I have ever eaten. It has been said, but it is cash only and seating is limited, but overall, I would go there again and recommend to others.

Visited June 2014

Trevose, PA
“Wish I had loved it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This place felt like the real deal for Newport seafood, but sorry to say my husband and I weren't blown away with the food. Not bad food, just not deserving of a "wow this is really good ". We sat upstairs on the upper deck and received friendly and fast service. We both had the same thing. The clam chowder lacked the creaminess or the zing that I have had in other clam chowders. The clam cakes tasted like stuffing, no distinct taste either. We couldn't find the clams in them. Can't remember if we had fries, what does that say. Based on other reviews, and talking to locals this was the place to go, but we had better food at Anthony's, which is rated number 1 in Trip Advisor and also was referred by a native. Go there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worst Fish & Chips Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If I could give Flo's a zero rating or even a minus, I would. My husband had tried Flo's on their last day of the season in 2012, and refused to go back it was so bad. I convinced him to give them another chance last weekend. BIG MISTAKE! We both got the fish, and my husband got the "chips" with his. I have never seen a greasier/oilier piece of fish anywhere. The fries were just as bad. Absolutely NO FLAVOR!! We ate it only because we were both very hungry, and had paid over $20 for our "meal". A couple of hours later we both suffered from indigestion. Do not get the fish & chips at Flo's. We looked to see what others were getting, and no one had the fish & chips. Most everyone had some sort of clam or crab cakes, not sure which. I do know that I will not take a chance with anything there ever again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

First time at Flo's and we had lobster rolls and French fries!
The atmosphere is nice and the staff is very friendly!! Will come back here again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sebastian, Florida
“Local seafood dive,authentic and awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Just finished a great Thursday night special of all you can eat snow crab for 17.95 most places with all you can eat seafood try to fill you up with bread or potatoes, cheep sides but this place no all that's included in this special is crab and melted butter. When you go know that it's counter service and cash only. The fried seafood platters looked enormous and everyone seemed happy with their dinners. I wish we could go back tomorrow. It overlooks the beach, near the cliff walk. Go have fun.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere