“Superior Instruction & Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

(401) 216-9283
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a locally owned company based at Sachuest (2nd) Beach at Surfer's End every day during the summer from 9-5. We also offer different instruction such as surfing lessons (both private and group), kid's surf camp and cruise ship excursions. Check out our storefront 24/7 at rhodysurf.com and come get stoked with us today!
“Superior Instruction & Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently decided to overcome my fears and take up surfing. The "sport of Kings" has always intrigued and excited me, but also intimidated me like nothing else. The pummeling waves and balancing act required atop the board looked fun but not something I'd want to attempt without a lesson or two. Living in Newport, I gave local Rhody Surf a call after seeing the shop down at 2nd Beach. They were knowledgeable and helpful and answered all my questions before scheduling my lesson for the next day. When I arrived, the staff was attentive and personable. The session first consisted of a dry lesson on land before heading out to the water. This was especially helpful to figure out my footing and form. By the end of the lesson, I found a new love of surfing and now I'm hooked! I have taken 3 lessons with RS since then and couldn't be more stoked w the level of expertise, service and attentiveness this company provides to their students!

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Fun in the Sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family of four spends a lot of time at second beach in the summer and I find myself watching Rhody Surf's training sessions most of the time. Very entertaining. Our two young kids are more than interested and 2013 might be the year to get them out on a paddleboard. The instructors are nice and patient, everybody is having fun out on the water and the girl that runs the place during the week is the sweetest surfer girl you'd ever meet. Rhody Surf makes the summer shine even brighter.

Newport, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

After seeing so many people trying the new paddle boards out there I wanted to give it a try. My friend and I rented the boards for some fun at the beach and I can't wait to do it again. The staff gave us a quick lesson and we were off. Definitely worth it. It was such a fun workout and really easy to pick up. I'm not a surfer and just felt so comfortable on the waves and we had so much fun. I am officially aware of what this new "craze" is all about and am so excited rhody surf has them available to rent any day we show up at the beach. It wasn't expensive and was easy just to pick up and get in a quick workout. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants some extra fun at the beach.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank allie p
Stamford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We took surf lessons and rented boards... They make it soooo easy for you because everything is right at second beach!!! Can't wait to do it again next year!!!

1 Thank Topher D
Montreal, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A blast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our 16 year old daughter took surfing lessons at this surfing school and very much enjoyed. One hour with a private instructor (Jesse ) and it was very complete. he teaches you first a dry lesson and you follow up with a lesson in the water. The cost isn$95.00(not cheap) but in our opinion worth it.

1 Thank miriana1234